Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
In January 2010, Dee Starr and her grown children William Lamebull and Patricia Spottedcrow* were arrested in an early morning raid after selling $31 worth of marijuana to undercover police. According to Oklahoma City's KFOR-TV, it was their first felony arrests. Each was held on $100,000 bond. Each pled guilty. Here's what that got them:

William Lamebull faced the least serious charge, possession of marijuana around children.

He pleaded guilty and got two years probation, no jail time.

Dee Starr, who was facing more serious charges, two felony counts for dealing drugs and for having drugs in front of children, got 30 years probation, again no jail time.

Patricia Spottedcrow pleaded guilty to her crimes as well.

She faced the very same two felony charges as her mother, Dee Starr.

However, Spottedcrow got a 12 year prison sentence, no probation.

She was sentenced to 12 years behind bars for selling two baggies of marajuana worth about $30.

According to KFOR-TV, Judge Susie Pritchett, who retired a few months after ruining Spottedcrow's life, said the "sentence fit the crime" because "Ms. Spottedcrow showed no signs of remorse, nor did she seem to even care about what she was doing to her children." Incidentally, Judge Pritchett does not ruin every drug offender's life. She once heard the case of a police officer's wife who was caught hiding marijuana in her panties. The woman "was asked to apologize to the judge and never served a day in jail," a decision Pritchett defended, arguing, "I treat drug users differently than I treated those who pushed drugs, especially when they sold in front of children."

Mark Clayborne, Spottedcrow's attorney, did not "challenge" his client's pre-sentence investigation report, which Spottedcrow says is rife with inaccuracies. Six months later, Clayborne was convicted of perjury in a different case. Spottedcrow now has a new attorney who will ask for a sentence modification next year. Until then

Patricia Spottedcrow's mother is now raising Patricia's four children.

They don't have the money to visit her in prison.

One-year-old Ja'zalynn doesn't recognize her mom anymore.

According to KFOR-TV, which deserves much praise for reporting this out, Oklahoma incarcerates more women than any other state in the union.
http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/19/oklah … s-30-worth

I'm glad cops get paid so much to perform these heroic services for the nation.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
Imagine what we could do if we used all the money spent on the War on Drugs for things like education, science, foreign development, etc.

But no, we'd rather spend it on prosecuting someone for selling 30 bucks of a plant that's no worse than tobacco.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Imagine what we could do if we used all the money spent on the War on Drugs for things like education, science, foreign development, etc.

But no, we'd rather spend it on prosecuting someone for selling 30 bucks of a plant that's no worse than tobacco.
It's Oklahoma. They'd rather spend the money on creationism textbooks and abstinence education.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

don't do the crime if you can't do the time
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SEREMAKER wrote:

So you feel the sentence is reasonable?
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Jay wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

So you feel the sentence is reasonable?
of course not but if its in OK laws that the judge can give such a harsh punishment, then big up to them

my methods would be far different then simply tossing them in jail or probation
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
They're unjust laws.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

They're unjust laws.
theres unjust laws everywhere ..... hell in NC you can legally slap your wife on the county court steps

nothing to be pissy about, just don't break then theres nothing to worry about
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

They're unjust laws.
theres unjust laws everywhere ..... hell in NC you can legally slap your wife on the county court steps

IMO I'd rather work to have them changed instead of simply being complacent.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA
Fuck her.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

If I am reading this right...It says that the $30 worth of pot that she sold was the reason for the raid...it doesn't specify if they found more in the home.  So, I am thinking we don't have the whole story.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

They're unjust laws.

go ahead

seeing as I don't break laws ... it doesn't bother me
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

go ahead

I doubt that very much.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

They're unjust laws.

you would rather work to have them changed rather than just not do drugs? Knock yourself out. I got more pressing things to do with my life than WORK to make life easier for drug dealers and drug addicts, like.....watch tv.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

DrunkFace wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

go ahead

I doubt that very much.
oh ok since you say so
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
It doesn't take much work to support politicians who would change the laws.

I don't do drugs, and I don't care a ton about drug users, but laws that prohibit what one can and cannot do their own self don't align with my own beliefs.

The other day I saw a comment in a local newspaper about banning cigarettes, something to the effect of "Some people are too dumb for their own good." And I thought to myself, "Wow, you would love living in a fascist state that tells people what they can and cannot do to themselves. Sieg heil!"
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I don't do drugs, and I don't care a ton about drug users, but laws that prohibit what one can and cannot do their own self don't align with my own beliefs.

The other day I saw a comment in a local newspaper about banning cigarettes, something to the effect of "Some people are too dumb for their own good." And I thought to myself, "Wow, you would love living in a fascist state that tells people what they can and cannot do to themselves. Sieg heil!"
Oh I agree with you, problem is, I am not going to vote for some liberal asshole JUST to legalize drugs. What drug dealers and drug users get for punishment, I couldn't care less. If they got life in prison, good riddance. Fuck them.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Hurri ... not sure if you're speaking more on a general term or if you're referring more to this particular case since the guilty was busted with drugs and children present
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Oh I agree with you, problem is, I am not going to vote for some liberal asshole JUST to legalize drugs. What drug dealers and drug users get for punishment, I couldn't care less. If they got life in prison, good riddance. Fuck them.
You're a fantastic hypocrite do you know that? You think drugs should be legalized, but then you say that you think drug dealers should get life in prison. Which is it lowing? Pick a side.
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurri ... not sure if you're speaking more on a general term or if you're referring more to this particular case since the guilty was busted with drugs and children present
I am speaking on a more general term.

However, putting a kid's mother away for 12 years for dealing drugs isn't going to necessarily help the kid. And knowing our corrections system, I highly doubt that the mother will come out any more reformed.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

lowing wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

lowing, I'm not a fan of drug dealers either, but once you throw someone in jail, they are living off the state's dime. The longer you keep them in jail the more it costs the taxpayer. Increasing the length of the sentence isn't going to deter drug use and sale anymore at this point, so by doing that all you will accomplish is having to pay for these guys to sit around all day lifting weights and having anal intercourse.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Jay wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You're a fantastic hypocrite do you know that? You think drugs should be legalized, but then you say that you think drug dealers should get life in prison. Which is it lowing? Pick a side.
no hypocrisy at all. I do think drugs should be legalized. As I said, to vote for a liberal JUST to legalize drugs is too steep a price for me.

My complete and utter indifference to drug dealers and users, allows me to say I don't care if they go to jail or get life in prison. I simply do not not care. However, as it is right now, drugs are illegal to sell and use, if they get caught and get fucked, I am good with it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I hope you don't ever speed lowing.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

lowing, I'm not a fan of drug dealers either, but once you throw someone in jail, they are living off the state's dime. The longer you keep them in jail the more it costs the taxpayer. Increasing the length of the sentence isn't going to deter drug use and sale anymore at this point, so by doing that all you will accomplish is having to pay for these guys to sit around all day lifting weights and having anal intercourse.
I agree with that as well, better there than on the corner of my kids school. Fuck them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Jay wrote:

I hope you don't ever speed lowing.
If I speed, and wind up hurting someone because of it. I go to jail. If I speed and get caught I pay a fine regardless if anyone is hurt. What exactly is your point about speeding?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard