FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6434|'Murka

But you have rehab, jail, and half-way houses for alcoholics...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6803|Great Brown North

Uzique wrote:

see to me from my liberal left-leaning and rather passive european perspective... i'd notch this up as another argument under the branch of 'legalising guns is fucking stupid'. it just escalates the stakes for petty, small-time busts like this. how often do you think the english police go into a suspected drug-property w/ a warrant armed to the teeth and trigger  happy? hint: barely ever. in america, though, where everyone (especially criminals) are likely to have a gun and be prepared to use it, furthermore... it means even a small bust for a minor (i.e. non capital) crime can easily turn into a siege shootout or something nasty. i just don't see the need. protecting your home and property? yeah, sure. get a burglar alarm instead of an AR-15.
no

just no
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6737|Purplicious Wisconsin

krazed wrote:

Uzique wrote:

see to me from my liberal left-leaning and rather passive european perspective... i'd notch this up as another argument under the branch of 'legalising guns is fucking stupid'. it just escalates the stakes for petty, small-time busts like this. how often do you think the english police go into a suspected drug-property w/ a warrant armed to the teeth and trigger  happy? hint: barely ever. in america, though, where everyone (especially criminals) are likely to have a gun and be prepared to use it, furthermore... it means even a small bust for a minor (i.e. non capital) crime can easily turn into a siege shootout or something nasty. i just don't see the need. protecting your home and property? yeah, sure. get a burglar alarm instead of an AR-15.
no

just no
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Uzique wrote:

the fact that drug dealers perform business transactions involving cash doesn't make it a crime with a victim.

if you buy a tv from an electronics store and then drop it when you get home and break it, did the store perform a crime against you?
no but the innocent people mugged, robbed or killed for the addict to get money for his next fix does.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Uzique wrote:

I am curious as to how you can logically apply the rationale to punish all people for the crimes of "A FEW" in no other circumstances accept gun ownership.
You argue vehemently, that not all Muslims are responsible for Islamic terrorism, which I agree, but you insist all Americans are responsible for the act of "a few" criminals ( comparatively speaking) in America and therefore should all be punished. Make no mistake, trying to regulate guns out of responsible citizens hands is punishment for "a few". So why the inconsistency?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

the fact that drug dealers perform business transactions involving cash doesn't make it a crime with a victim.

if you buy a tv from an electronics store and then drop it when you get home and break it, did the store perform a crime against you?
no but the innocent people mugged, robbed or killed for the addict to get money for his next fix does.
you can be mugged, robbed and killed by anyone that's poor or desperate. it's not a drug dealers responsibility (nor is it foreseeable, which is the operative and key word in all legal discussions). how can a drug dealer foresee that charlie-regular is going to go hold up a gas station and empty a 12-gauge on the attendant? of course he can't. you're just using your crude stereotype of drug users to make something unlikely seem plausible.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I am curious as to how you can logically apply the rationale to punish all people for the crimes of "A FEW" in no other circumstances accept gun ownership.
You argue vehemently, that not all Muslims are responsible for Islamic terrorism, which I agree, but you insist all Americans are responsible for the act of "a few" criminals ( comparatively speaking) in America and therefore should all be punished. Make no mistake, trying to regulate guns out of responsible citizens hands is punishment for "a few". So why the inconsistency?
why the inconsistency between wanting every american to have an individualistic and self-responsible role towards guns, yet all of a sudden a drug dealer has a responsibility for his entire client-base and their every-single action and decision?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

what a frightening conception of justice. very little warrants the death to a gun possessed by a 'protector of the peace'. it's a dangerous attitude to excuse or ignore the flippant killing of a citizen of your country by its armed state-forces. the police are meant to be there to bring people to justice... not to deal it out in a hail of bullets.
You are correct, and when faced with an assault rifle, I will wait until the verdict in court before I condemn the police.
So lowing, you hear someone kicking down your door will you:

[ ] Sit quietly and wait, its probably the Police who got the wrong house, you've done nothing wrong so they'll be on their way soon enough.

[ ] Grab one of your nearest assault rifles
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

what a frightening conception of justice. very little warrants the death to a gun possessed by a 'protector of the peace'. it's a dangerous attitude to excuse or ignore the flippant killing of a citizen of your country by its armed state-forces. the police are meant to be there to bring people to justice... not to deal it out in a hail of bullets.
You are correct, and when faced with an assault rifle, I will wait until the verdict in court before I condemn the police.
So lowing, you hear someone kicking down your door will you:

[ ] Sit quietly and wait, its probably the Police who got the wrong house, you've done nothing wrong so they'll be on their way soon enough.

[ ] Grab one of your nearest assault rifles
Ya know Dilbert, at my house, I know when someone drives down my street, let alone massing an army outside my front door. I find it hard to believe that the guy didn't know what was happening or who was there.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494
not everyone lives on a survivalist ranch in colorado
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX
And if they walked quietly up to your house while you were asleep, as SWAT teams usually do?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

And if they walked quietly up to your house while you were asleep, as SWAT teams usually do?
then he wouldn't have time to grab an assault rifle and direct his wife to go hide then go find his kids and tell them the same thing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Uzique wrote:

not everyone lives on a survivalist ranch in colorado
neither do I
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

why the inconsistency between wanting every american to have an individualistic and self-responsible role towards guns, yet all of a sudden a drug dealer has a responsibility for his entire client-base and their every-single action and decision?
There is no inconsistency, I do not give a shit about drug dealers or their clients. but to say drugs produces no victims is wrong in my opinion. Now your turn.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...
So you guys would argue for legalizing stuff like heroin?
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5381|London, England

Shocking wrote:

I would.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6756|Cambridge, England
Whether its legal or not wont really effect its use.

If people want to use it they will. Surely it is better to have sort of education / rehab / quality control of the substance that is being used?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494

Shocking wrote:

my argument is not about drugs being criminal; it's about drug-dealing (the DEALING part) being a victimless crime. obviously drug use has immediate victims, as well as societal problems on a wider level. but does the drug dealer create victims by selling drugs to people? no. they make victims of themselves.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-05-18 05:32:15)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5725|College Park, MD

Shocking wrote:

Cigarettes and alcohol are both fucking terrible but they're still legal. Education, enforcement and regulation can go a long way.

I always hear this argument from people, "if we legalize weed then every high schooler will smoke it," and they make the same argument for hard drugs. But it's bullshit. Do you see tons of high schoolers sipping flasks in the bathrooms? Freshmen walking out in droves for their hourly smoke break? No!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494
most people never want to try hard drugs... and when they do want to, the law hardly fucking stops them. it might catch them at some point way after they've made the decision and already had the experience, but it deters and 'protects' nothing.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5725|College Park, MD
The law didn't deter me from trying weed a few times until my friends and I were actually busted by the cops. Even then I blazed like one or two more times but then I just stopped.

I'd never want to try hard drugs, even if they were legal.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494
i've been busted for hard drugs and had one of the most humiliating and unpleasant experiences of my adult life 'because' of my legal transgression... but it didn't stop me from taking them again at parties, nor wanting to. i wasn't 'afraid' of the law. it just seeme arbitrary and a bit silly, really. the war on drugs is completely ineffectual, but i digress... my point is that i never once wanted to blame my dealer for anything. it's a victimless crime.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...
First I would say you can take alcohol in moderation, not so much for hard drugs.

I doubt it's actually bullshit, legalizing stuff does make it more accesible to a wider public, it will lead to more people trying out more stuff. Yes, if someone really wants to try hard drugs the law doesn't stop them, but there's also a very large "if you can, why not?" crowd.

You don't want every random idiot to take psychedelic drugs and the like, that shit can be dangerous. I have no doubt in my mind that legalizing all the stuff would lead to many more people getting addicted to various substances.

I agree that the dealer himself doesn't cause any victims no, although if a gov. wants to wage a "war on drugs" you definitely want to get rid of them.

I'm okay with stuff like weed, it's legal here and completely harmless. But there's a world of difference in between the 'soft' and the 'hard', especially psychedelics.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-05-18 05:57:43)

inane little opines
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494
how can you not take hard drugs in moderation? what is that based on? mdma is completely non-addictive, less chemically harmful than alcohol or cigarettes... and yet it is a 'hard drug'. mdma will never bite you in the ass or make you want to take more in the way that alcohol or nicotone will. how can you not take hard drugs in moderation? your claims are founded in bullshit.

and please explain the "world of difference" between weed and psychedelics. the psychedelics (e.g. mushrooms, acid) are, hands down, the safest thing you can consume medically. they are so low on the pharmacological toxicity chart that a glass of coca cola would do more harm. how are they terrible? it's not the 1960's. people aren't taking acid 6 times a day and flipping out and going insane. these are completely harmless drugs that are stigmatized by societal stiffs like you because they're 'dangerous' and represent something unknown and wild. that is all. you sound like a high-school teacher.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-05-18 05:59:59)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...
I mean to the point of it having an actual effect, you need to down quite a bit of booze until you're drunk. LSD for example is dosed in micrograms, world of difference.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard