Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I had to take the public bus from age 8 till 17.  everything bad that has happened to me happened either on the bus or near a bus stop or waiting at the stop for the bus that was always late.
I despise buses too.

But for me to get into the city every day, I could either hop on the train and be in Penn Station in 20 minutes or I could drive, which will take me upwards of 1 1/2 hours and end with me putting the car in a garage for the day for $30. I wouldn't trade the two hours of my life I save every day by taking the train, and the money spent on parking, for the convenience of being able to hop in my car and sit in gridlock
I would take the train too if I lived out there.  Ill end up purposefully running over pedestrians if i was a driver out there.
Obnoxious aren't they? They look at you like YOU'RE the one doing something wrong if they get caught in the crosswalk when they aren't supposed to be there.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Shocking wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Well they never drop just one bomb so I guess you're gonna be fucked whichever city you're in.

Unless you live in something like tokyo, that city just doesn't end...
Yeah. Saw a doc about the V-Force not too long ago in which they stated the bigger cities like Moscow would've gotten 2-3 bombs per.
"A guide to armageddon" is a great 1980s film about the safety (more or less lack thereof) of nuclear bunkers and the like using a hypothetical attack on London. Same principle used.
when i was kid in elementary school before the end of the cold war, my teach told us that we had three missiles pointed at us in pasadena by the soviets.  one for cal tech, one for jpl and one for parsons technology.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

I despise buses too.

But for me to get into the city every day, I could either hop on the train and be in Penn Station in 20 minutes or I could drive, which will take me upwards of 1 1/2 hours and end with me putting the car in a garage for the day for $30. I wouldn't trade the two hours of my life I save every day by taking the train, and the money spent on parking, for the convenience of being able to hop in my car and sit in gridlock
I would take the train too if I lived out there.  Ill end up purposefully running over pedestrians if i was a driver out there.
Obnoxious aren't they? They look at you like YOU'RE the one doing something wrong if they get caught in the crosswalk when they aren't supposed to be there.
I was screamed at by some middle age white man with his family as he was crossing the street like 50 feet away and i was trying to make a right ruen on a red light
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

Shocking wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Yeah. Saw a doc about the V-Force not too long ago in which they stated the bigger cities like Moscow would've gotten 2-3 bombs per.
"A guide to armageddon" is a great 1980s film about the safety (more or less lack thereof) of nuclear bunkers and the like using a hypothetical attack on London. Same principle used.
when i was kid in elementary school before the end of the cold war, my teach told us that we had three missiles pointed at us in pasadena by the soviets.  one for cal tech, one for jpl and one for parsons technology.
I was told that NYC would be vaporized and we on long island would die from their radioactive ash.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I was screamed at by some middle age white man with his family as he was crossing the street like 50 feet away and i was trying to make a right ruen on a red light
You can't make a right turn on a red light in NYC. Illegal.
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691
unless posted.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

everywhere else on the planet its assumed you can unless there is a sign posting otherwise.  same thing with u-turns.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13/f/taiwan wrote:

unless posted.
Dude, I know of one sign that explicitly says you can make a right on red after stop. One.
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5991|...

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Shocking wrote:

I was told that NYC would be vaporized and we on long island would die from their radioactive ash.
They told you this in elementary?

lol
inane little opines
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
we're from the 80's
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

eleven bravo wrote:

we're from the 80's
time traveler
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
safety not guaranteed
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

They told you this in elementary?

lol
How else are they going to scare us into saying the pledge of allegiance every morning?
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691

Jay wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

unless posted.
Dude, I know of one sign that explicitly says you can make a right on red after stop. One.
yeah, i know of four that say that. i drive all over the city though so that maybe why.

eleven bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

everywhere else on the planet its assumed you can unless there is a sign posting otherwise.  same thing with u-turns.
no, U or K turns in commercial areas or any streets that have solid yellow lines. so that's most of brooklyn+manhattan and good chunk of the rest.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2011-05-17 12:14:55)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5991|...
good point

what a wonderful childhood
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

good point

what a wonderful childhood
It was aight. We had chickens in our kindergarten classroom.
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Jay wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

unless posted.
yeah, i know of four that say that. i drive all over the city though so that maybe why.

eleven bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

no, U or K turns in commercial areas or any streets that have solid yellow lines. so that's most of brooklyn+manhattan and good chunk of the rest.
only in Bubble York City
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
my kindergarten teacher would grab a ruler and hit me with it
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

my kindergarten teacher would grab a ruler and hit me with it
nuns?
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
nope, puclic school my first year, then catholic school for 4 years after and then public school again.  this was my first year.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

nope, puclic school my first year, then catholic school for 4 years after and then public school again.  this was my first year.
I just remember playing in the sand box and singing songs about dan dan the garbage man because it made my best friend dan mad.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
the first time I got in a fight I was in kindergarten and he was a bully and I ended up making him cry and I felt like a bad ass hero cus he was a jerk but soon enough i ended up beating up some kid because his head was too big.  punch him right in the gut and I remember that look he gave me like "whyyyyy, i thought we were friends"
Tu Stultus Es
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

I remember when I was at nursery I always got the trike first. Took it twice around the yard, filled up at the wooden pump, repeated action one.

Then one day the head teacher told me off because I got on it before someone else. She used to hate me for some reason, so I nicked off around the back of the building. Got her into trouble for negligence as she brought all the other kids inside but didn't realise I had been gone for like, half an hour.

I apparently had a fight as well, but I don't remember it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I was a lova, not a fighta. Had my first kiss in kindergarten and got caught playing doctor. Good times.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Jay wrote:

Had my first kiss in kindergarten and got caught playing doctor. Good times.
did he get arrested?
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard