sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
I liked having a backyard as a kid
inane little opines
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

M.O.A.B wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I love LA.  I hate the concentration of population in new york.  I despise public transportation. 

one nuclear bomb could vaporize whole city of nyc.  cant do that in la.
Pfft, Tsar Bomba mate.
would vaporize a large portion but most the city would still be around for the fallout
Tu Stultus Es
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

eleven bravo wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I love LA.  I hate the concentration of population in new york.  I despise public transportation. 

one nuclear bomb could vaporize whole city of nyc.  cant do that in la.
Pfft, Tsar Bomba mate.
would vaporize a large portion but most the city would still be around for the fallout
True, though severally ballsed up save for the extreme outskirts. LA's something like 50 miles across, isn't it?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
Well they never drop just one bomb so I guess you're gonna be fucked whichever city you're in.

Unless you live in something like tokyo, that city just doesn't end...
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

nothing is worse than manhattan traffic.  simply because of so many people not knowing how to drive. 

traffic in LA usually stays on the freeways.
No, the traffic is bad because there are 8.5 million people crammed into the five boroughs and Manhattan is an island with limited access to and from. The people creating the traffic are out of towners who don't understand the concept of staying the fuck out of the grid.
pay the out-of-towners enough money to afford living near work and maybe they won't clog the grid
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

nothing is worse than manhattan traffic.  simply because of so many people not knowing how to drive. 

we have almost no freeways in DC. Most of the roads in and out of DC are just normal roads with traffic lights and 35MPH speed limits and everything. Makes for a hellish drive during rush hour, although even the highways like I-66, I-395 and the infamous Beltway suck.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
not to mention the city is full of assholes who are so far inside their own little bubble its funny.
Tu Stultus Es
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Shocking wrote:

Well they never drop just one bomb so I guess you're gonna be fucked whichever city you're in.

Yeah. Saw a doc about the V-Force not too long ago in which they stated the bigger cities like Moscow would've gotten 2-3 bombs per.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

we have almost no freeways in DC. Most of the roads in and out of DC are just normal roads with traffic lights and 35MPH speed limits and everything. Makes for a hellish drive during rush hour, although even the highways like I-66, I-395 and the infamous Beltway suck.
beltway traffic cant beat the traffic on the 110 freeway before and after a dodger game or during rush hour in front of downtown or late friday saturday night after a lakers game
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
i love how angelenos prefix all route numbers with "the"
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
i cant emphasize enough how much I hate public transportation
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
god forbid you sit next to a negrito
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

Wtf for? Buses suck but there's nothing wrong with the subway or train.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
I had to take the public bus from age 8 till 17.  everything bad that has happened to me happened either on the bus or near a bus stop or waiting at the stop for the bus that was always late.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Wtf for? Buses suck but there's nothing wrong with the subway or train.
the way it is in LA it takes more effort to catch a train then get in your car.  the closest train route for me is the gold line which is about 4 miles away
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
and I think there are only two subway lines in la.  nto sure i took the red line for the first time last year and I had to catch a cab to the gold line to get to the red line
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
public transport in the UK is really fucking good... to the point where i haven't needed a car once in my 3 years of university, living away from home. public transport itself doesn't suck - it seems the american (or LA) system in particular is lacking. maybe that or the people.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Used to get the bus to and from college. Hated it.

It was either late, raining, or you ended up passing the school when all the kids were let out. Cue about eighty cramming in on top of the forty or so already on board.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
no, LA is notorious for its shitty public transportation.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
the bus drivers wouldnt even pick you up half the time if they didnt feel like it.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
if youre ever in LA stay the fuck away from the MTA
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

I had to take the public bus from age 8 till 17.  everything bad that has happened to me happened either on the bus or near a bus stop or waiting at the stop for the bus that was always late.
I despise buses too.

But for me to get into the city every day, I could either hop on the train and be in Penn Station in 20 minutes or I could drive, which will take me upwards of 1 1/2 hours and end with me putting the car in a garage for the day for $30. I wouldn't trade the two hours of my life I save every day by taking the train, and the money spent on parking, for the convenience of being able to hop in my car and sit in gridlock
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

M.O.A.B wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Yeah. Saw a doc about the V-Force not too long ago in which they stated the bigger cities like Moscow would've gotten 2-3 bombs per.
"A guide to armageddon" is a great 1980s film about the safety (more or less lack thereof) of nuclear bunkers and the like using a hypothetical attack on London. Same principle used.
inane little opines
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I despise buses too.

But for me to get into the city every day, I could either hop on the train and be in Penn Station in 20 minutes or I could drive, which will take me upwards of 1 1/2 hours and end with me putting the car in a garage for the day for $30. I wouldn't trade the two hours of my life I save every day by taking the train, and the money spent on parking, for the convenience of being able to hop in my car and sit in gridlock
I would take the train too if I lived out there.  Ill end up purposefully running over pedestrians if i was a driver out there.

Last edited by eleven bravo (2011-05-17 12:04:08)

Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
DC is bad too, sometimes. When it's all working fine it's pretty great, but when it's bad it's awful.

Here's a typical weekend on the Metro:

Walk into station
See train leaving
Wait 20 minutes for the next one
Ride takes 15 minutes longer than normal because of track maintenance
Your chance of getting assaulted by some hoodlum increases exponentially
You see how much money was taken off of your farecard/SmarTrip card as you exit the station and you silently curse WMATA under your breath

Buses are even worse if you're not in the city, and even in the outer parts of the city it's bad. The bus that goes near my mom's house stops running at like 10PM.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-05-17 12:07:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard