S3CTION8
+0|6638
A few days ago I was playing online and me and this guy who was on the other team were knife fighting (we were meeting in a certain spot and just knife fighting) Some guy- General_payne I think his name was said we were stat padding, which I don't think we were since we were on opposite teams so we weren't reviving eachother or anything, not to mention we both had all of our knife badges - we were just doing it for fun. He said he was going to report us, which apparently he did because my account is now "offline" I can still get my stats from this site but it says I am offline. What does this mean and how can I get my account back. EA hasn't gotten back to me and this really pisses me off. Some guy complains I am stat-padding when I'm not and they take my account away!? I have over 58,000 points and all the unlocks and now my account's gone...what the hell?
Anyone know what I can do? And is what I was doing even stat-padding? All I got the whole round was like 4 knife kills and a helluva lot more deaths so I dont see how thats padding. Any help would be appreciated.
BTW: My account name's the same as my my membership name : S3CTION8
Loz
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
+56|6670|Umm... Home?
Your stats ain't been wiped, it shows you offline when you are not playing BF2
Piotr[31stMEU]
+0|6739|New York City
Sorry to bring your hopes down, but this is stat padding. Nobody is going to check when you received your knife badges and nobody knew and probably didnt care if you were doing it for fun. To a normal person its suspected that you are stat-padding.

Meeting up with a friend of yours at a certain spot and knifing each other over and over and over again?
Sounds like i want a badge.
You probably wont get your points back.
Sorry to say

Last edited by Piotr[31stMEU] (2006-02-16 00:05:12)

Dilbert2468
+6|6732|Australia
to bad u got stat wiped. which means ur a Private again. which means ur srewed over

time to start again.

Last edited by Dilbert2468 (2006-02-16 00:07:00)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6784
Not wiped.  http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.p … d=45402504

But yes, that's padding and if it's reported, it could well end up with a wipe.
DuVeL
+2|6661|New Gitland, the Netherlands

Piotr[31stMEU] wrote:

Sorry to bring your hopes down, but this is stat padding. Nobody is going to check when you received your knife badges and nobody knew and probably didnt care if you were doing it for fun. To a normal person its suspected that you are stat-padding.

Meeting up with a friend of yours at a certain spot and knifing each other over and over and over again?
Sorry to say
I second this.
Even if you allready have the badge, it sounds like statpadding, and how would you know where to meet him and no=one else would interfear...Well?
number901
+1|6666|uk
coming from cs's , if i had a mate on the opposing side we would always try and stalk each other with knife ,i would get a complete feeling of satisfaction by humiliating him with a knife kill . if you only got 4 kills on your mate i dauht they would bother with that
morbesso666
+0|6756|Givataim, Israel

Piotr[31stMEU] wrote:

Sorry to say
OMG wtf its not his friend its a casual enemy wtf read his post stupid moron
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland

morbesso666 wrote:

Piotr[31stMEU] wrote:

Sorry to say
OMG wtf its not his friend its a casual enemy wtf read his post stupid moron
You're the stupid moron here, it doesn't matter if it's a friend or not. It's padding since they planed the fights.
M730A2
+45|6687
It's padding since they planed the fights.

YUP.
kingkong777
+-1|6661
sorry that is stat padding
anything done to get points or any arranged fights like that is padding
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6702
An arranged fight is padding? That means clan battles are stat-padding
raz
+22|6656|England, UK
This is NOT stat padding. If you guys want to practice knife fighting eachother.. That's fine by me atliest..

P.s you aint got all your knife badges.. You got expert to go

Last edited by raz (2006-02-16 07:08:37)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland

tehmoogles wrote:

An arranged fight is padding? That means clan battles are stat-padding
Arranging a 1 on 1 on a server is what we are talking about. Not one side on one side which is obviously quite often the case
S3CTION8
+0|6638
just to clear this up - it wasnt a friend and it was only 1 round, also we were just typing back and forth and everybody else could see what we were saying so yea there were people interfering, but there was only around 20 players on a 64 player map so...also I don't see why they took my account away since no one can tell me if what I was doing was stat-padding or not - does ea look at video of the battle? How do they tell what someone's doing? They haven't replied to my e-mails yet-im hoping they will.
Thanks for the feedback I'll post an update if something happens.

Also if my stats are still there (in the link above) then how come i cant login?

Last edited by S3CTION8 (2006-02-16 19:50:44)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

So you were off in some corner of a map on a ranked server playing knife-fight with a mate of yours. You already had your knife badge so that wasn't the aim, but while otehrs were fighting a war, you were off sparring.

Yeah, you were stats padding. Not in the traditional sence, but here's why.

- While you fight against one person while using a kinfe against someone else who is using a knife, others are shooting at each other, avoiding tanks and playing the real game.
- You are getting a constant stream of kills. You always have an opponent who faces you from the front. Meanwhile, other legitimate players have to deal with people sneaking around behind them and shooting them in the back.
- You have no risk from tanks, APCs or any other form of Battlefield weaponry that others have to deal with.

And when you're on BF2S and not playing a game of BF2, it will show you as offline. If you are signed in to your account but not in a server, it will show you as offline. I don't think your account has been wiped, but watch the old friendly knife fights or eventually they will be.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Drenai
+0|6645
Ugh, just points guys,  some casual fights with some random guy and some dude gets his ass cheeks all squished together and starts getting mad. Its a god damn game treat it that way, maybe if it was a comp or  something more important than casual play there wouldnt be so many assholes in this game.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

well, EA has really been getting down to this stat-padding / exploiting issue lately, so I wonder why anyone - even without the explicit intent to stat-pad - would actually be naive enough to perform knife fights on a ranked server now. Such behaviour is just bound to get you into trouble these days.

there will always be some guy on the server looking to point a finger and scream "stat-padder!"

then again, if he has no proof other than just his visual depiction of the incident, I don't think there is reason for concern on your part. Your stats seem fine right now.

If EA had reset your account, they would have sent you a mail detailing the matter. As long as that hasn't happened, you have nothing to be afraid of. Those login problems most likely have some other reason behind them.

Bottom line is, if you want to "practise" or do something which obviously is not normal gameplay, go to an unranked server.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6650|California
Well here goes my two cents. . .

If the met up and shot each other with GL, would that be padding. . . .no
If they met up with each other with tanks, padding. . . no
plane?    no
boat?  no

Knife.   .    .    . (rereads EA rules)  Hmmmm. . . . .no

Final Verdict    NOT STAT PADDING
AdamEcks
+1|6695|Canada, Eh.

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Well here goes my two cents. . .

If the met up and shot each other with GL, would that be padding. . . .no
If they met up with each other with tanks, padding. . . no
plane?    no
boat?  no

Knife.   .    .    . (rereads EA rules)  Hmmmm. . . . .no

Final Verdict    NOT STAT PADDING
No, final verdict is he's crazy. His stats are still there he has 59K. Go look on any retrieval site.
RhadamanthysSCC
+2|6716|Perth, Western Australia

Drenai wrote:

Ugh, just points guys,  some casual fights with some random guy and some dude gets his ass cheeks all squished together and starts getting mad. Its a god damn game treat it that way, maybe if it was a comp or  something more important than casual play there wouldnt be so many assholes in this game.
If it occurred on a ranked server then there is a problem, ranked servers are, by their very nature, competitive and not meant for 'casual' play (casual being defined here as 'informal', not 'log in occasionally for a quick round or two'). If you want to muck about and have knife duels, pistol duels or anything similar then go log into a non-ranked server and muck about there.

Is it that hard to understand?

If you play on a ranked server then play the game within the spirit intended - no hacks, exploits, no stat-padding, no arranging little side-duels, stick to the RoE and follow the server rules and so forth.

If you want to muck about then jump on a non-ranked server where 'casual' (as in informal) play belongs.

Simple.

Last edited by RhadamanthysSCC (2006-02-17 01:02:38)

Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6742|Derby, England
I agree with HeavyMetalDave. This is not stat padding.

Stat padding is exploiting the game in order to pad your stats i.e. gain extra score by reviving someone on your team, sitting in the back of of a jeep in water while repairing etc.

By meeting someone in the enemy and TRYING to kill him with a knife, this is not stat padding. What I believe everyone is getting on their high horse about is this:

The Gunnery Seargeant Rank requires basic knife badge. By meeting someone and knifing them or allowing yourself to be knife in order to gain the badge, this allows you access to this rank and the additional priveledges that come with it.

However, since S3CTION8 is a higher rank anyway, plus he has the veteran knife this just isnt the case.

EA havent wiped your stats, and to say that getting four knife kills is padding your stats is just plain ridiculous. If EA reset your stats after four knife kills, no-one would have a basic knife badge.

More than likely just a simple problem with the account server. Try later and the chances are you will be able to log in again. AdamEcks was a little harsh in his assessment of your current psychological state, but he right. Your stats are still there.

Stat padding - pfffft.

(edit after RhadamanthysSCC posted)

RhadamanthysSCC is correct in so much as a lot of guys on the ranked server will be trying to get points and win the game. You losing tickets by dying will not help your team, so you have a direct influence on the game, even though you werent directly involved. Non ranked are probably the better option to have a fun knife fight.

Last edited by Thanatos247 (2006-02-17 01:13:11)

[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6650|perv

S3CTION8 wrote:

A few days ago I was playing online and me and this guy who was on the other team were knife fighting (we were meeting in a certain spot and just knife fighting) Some guy- General_payne I think his name was said we were stat padding, which I don't think we were since we were on opposite teams so we weren't reviving eachother or anything, not to mention we both had all of our knife badges - we were just doing it for fun. He said he was going to report us, which apparently he did because my account is now "offline" I can still get my stats from this site but it says I am offline. What does this mean and how can I get my account back. EA hasn't gotten back to me and this really pisses me off. Some guy complains I am stat-padding when I'm not and they take my account away!? I have over 58,000 points and all the unlocks and now my account's gone...what the hell?
Anyone know what I can do? And is what I was doing even stat-padding? All I got the whole round was like 4 knife kills and a helluva lot more deaths so I dont see how thats padding. Any help would be appreciated.
BTW: My account name's the same as my my membership name : S3CTION8
email ea and say you were driving a car round the map to get to a flag without anybody noticing and you saw this other car so he got out and shot your car with a SRAW/eryx and then you both got out your knives and had a little fun with a knife fight BIG DEAL!!!!
ProDicTeD
+2|6800
this isn't statpadding. A knife fight away from battle with noone there to reanimate you: only makes your score worse!! When is statpadding a way to make your score worse?

People who call this statpadding should get their brain checked for tumor....
Vin.Nivlason
+1|6725
Knife stat padding can be more obvious.

I was on a server, and I saw =WB= Seawolf "WB" Knife =WB= chuckmaster "WB" five times in a row.  Another player would have to be present to revive chuckmaster when he was knifed.  I don't know who the third accomplice was.  I took some screen shots of the stat padders.  The activity stopped when another player came in and shot everyone involved.  Or they could have stopped because Seawolf got the badge he was after.

If you want to challenge anyone to a knife fight, and you text it, you will be called for stat-padding.  Doesn't matter how many badges you have.  Don't request a knife fight with anyone.  Just go out and shank the mo-fo's like everyone else.  The cooperative aspect of these fights, and that you were blatant, would be why I would call you.

I did question the stat-padders in the situation I mentioned above.  No admins to kick/ban the guys so they were there for a while afterwards.

On your situation.  If your stats are still active, don't draw flags by sending emails to EA.  Might as well put a bullseye and red flag on your account.  IF your account is reset, next time don't be texting challenges to a knife fight that all users can see.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard