Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

I'd buy 3 Macs.
Actually, I would too.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.
I dot care what else you would buy, just wanna see some potential awesome set ups you would do
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Camm wrote:

I dot care what else you would buy, just wanna see some potential awesome set ups you would do
you mean summit like this?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho … amp;page=7
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Nic wrote:

Camm wrote:

you mean summit like this?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho … amp;page=7
Good god yes.

But other awsm set ups.

Another thing I would do is take my spare room, build a couple of i7 rigs with 69xx cards, 3 30" Dell monitors, build a cabinet to house them. Then buy two logitech g27 racing wheel setups, then a couple o sparco bucket seats and make an amazing racing set up.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
yeah but would you really do that, though? i mean... really? if i honestly had an infinite tech budget i'd just buy a few macs (as has been said) and would maybe keep one top (current) spec desktop pc for reliable gaming. after that i'd probably blow the money on hookers and coke.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Uzique wrote:

yeah but would you really do that, though? i mean... really? if i honestly had an infinite tech budget i'd just buy a few macs (as has been said) and would maybe keep one top (current) spec desktop pc for reliable gaming. after that i'd probably blow the money on hookers and coke.
Yeah, I've wanted to do that for so long. Probably will when I have enough cash. I was thinking that was well, I would get a top end MacBook, 30" iMac, and a top top top end gaming pc with really good periphs.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Uzique wrote:

Would probably build some crazy stuff at the start, just for shits and giggles, probably at least one that is a total waste of coinage. Kinda weird question in the first place, obv people would most likely not bother skimping. Its a bit easy to say what you would do with an unlimited budget, bit harder to say I have X budget, whats the best I can do with it?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Nic wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Would probably build some crazy stuff at the start, just for shits and giggles, probably at least one that is a total waste of coinage. Kinda weird question in the first place, obv people would most likely not bother skimping. Its a bit easy to say what you would do with an unlimited budget, bit harder to say I have X budget, whats the best I can do with it?
It is easy to say that, but I was wondering what people's preferences would be when it comes to awsm tech set ups in their house, how creative they would be.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
if i had a 'max budget' (but not infinite money), i.e. if i had all the money necessary to buy any tech but still wanted to be conscientous and smart... i'd just get a top-spec macbook tbh. at a stretch maybe a current-gen max spec gaming pc with the top peripherals.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Camm wrote:

Nic wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It is easy to say that, but I was wondering what people's preferences would be when it comes to awsm tech set ups in their house, how creative they would be.
Ok prob summit like this:
Silverstone FT02 w inside painted white
i7 2600k w/EK Supreme HF white top
p67 sabertooth with board cover painted white
2x powercolor radeon 6970 pcs ++ w/EK 6970 v2 white top
Asus xonar essence sound card
240GB SSD Corsair, Crucial, or OCZ Revodrive
Couple of WD blacks w/ HDD silencer
Ram of choice, prob Corsair dominators maybe with EK ram block for shits and giggles
4x120 rad w/ barb options on both sides
1x120 rad
DD monsoon bay res w/ swiftech mcp655
Corsair AX 850 or 1200
primochill tubing with feser orange coolant.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Nic wrote:

Camm wrote:

Nic wrote:

Ok prob summit like this:
Silverstone FT02 w inside painted white
i7 2600k w/EK Supreme HF white top
p67 sabertooth with board cover painted white
2x powercolor radeon 6970 pcs ++ w/EK 6970 v2 white top
Asus xonar essence sound card
240GB SSD Corsair, Crucial, or OCZ Revodrive
Couple of WD blacks w/ HDD silencer
Ram of choice, prob Corsair dominators maybe with EK ram block for shits and giggles
4x120 rad w/ barb options on both sides
1x120 rad
DD monsoon bay res w/ swiftech mcp655
Corsair AX 850 or 1200
primochill tubing with feser orange coolant.
you looooooooooooove your water-cooling don't you man?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Its fun. Actually GFX water cooling is a PITA, would probably just do a swiftech edge rad with CPU block. The above build would be fun to do though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I designed and picked out a 17k laptop from Falcon-NW about a year ago. It's prolly worth half that now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
But if I had a million dollars
I'd buy a damn brewery, and turn the planet into alcoholics
If I had a magic wand, I'd make the world suck my dick
without a condom on, while I'm on the john
If I had a million bucks
it wouldn't be enough, because I'd still be out
robbing armored trucks
If I had one wish
I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CC-Marley
+407|6830
pay someone to set it all up
jaymz9350
+54|6579
I'd have a nice probably water cooled gaming pc (won't go into exact specs as it always changes) with the best overclocker's choice CPU (the best available is almost always a waste even if you are rich) with 2-3 top end single GPU's (not a fan of dual GPU PCB's) a good sized SSD for games and apps, no storage on main pc.

Then I'd have a nice rack setup with a server for data storage, a firewall server, and a surveillance server for my camera's.

Then a decent powered HTPC for movies and still capable of decent gaming for when I feel like it.

Then in my man cave I'd have a benching setup with any and all hardware I can get my hands on and the equipment to run LN2 on everything.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

Right now I have:

Server:
AMD PII X4 940
8GB RAM
6x2TB RAID 5
10TB Backup

HTPC:
mac mini (it's small, power efficient and lives happily in a cupboard)
XBMC
47'' TV
5.1 Sound
etc.

Main PC:
i7 920 @ 4GHz
6GB RAM
3xGTX260
watercooled

Secondary:
i7 920
12GB RAM
2x GTX260
watercooled

always on, check stuff on PC
Dual Core Atom (D510? dunno)
4GB RAM
128GB SSD

And the usual asortment of Laptops and such. Internet is 100/5 Mbit. Fastest you can get here

Given unlimited funds, I don't really know what to change. Maybe something newer than my GTX260s?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

I thought you already had an unlimited budget, max.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

max wrote:

Given unlimited funds, I don't really know what to change
i hate you
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

max wrote:

Right now I have:

Server:
AMD PII X4 940
8GB RAM
6x2TB RAID 5
10TB Backup

HTPC:
mac mini (it's small, power efficient and lives happily in a cupboard)
XBMC
47'' TV
5.1 Sound
etc.

Main PC:
i7 920 @ 4GHz
6GB RAM
3xGTX260
watercooled

Secondary:
i7 920
12GB RAM
2x GTX260
watercooled

always on, check stuff on PC
Dual Core Atom (D510? dunno)
4GB RAM
128GB SSD

And the usual asortment of Laptops and such. Internet is 100/5 Mbit. Fastest you can get here

Given unlimited funds, I don't really know what to change. Maybe something newer than my GTX260s?
Why does your main pc have less RAM then your secondary?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

If i won the lotto I'd be too busy globetrotting to have a standard set up.  Probs just be a tablet and a smart phone TBH
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

Secondary runs a bunch of VMs, main is only for gaming. 6GB is plenty for that
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

Don't see the point of coke.

I think I'd just a moderately high spec PC, know that its going to be obsolete in six months and not get too excited over the whole deal.
Water cooling would be neat though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

Why buy macs when you can build a custom PC and install retail OSX onto it and it runs 10x faster than any Mac money can buy?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard