Yes, he did not deserve to die11!
inane little opines
13rin
+977|6480

Macbeth wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lol

Okay what should we have done once we figured out where he was?
Capture and trial would've been a better option I think.

And if that was deemed impossible and murder the only way out, I can accept that, but it should be done in a dignified way with 'mixed feelings' so to speak, rather than making it into some crazy celebratory patriotic revenge-orgy.
How in the holy fuck were they supposed to capture him? Keep sending in guys to tackle him/soak up 7.62's?
Not his problem to figure out.  He's the idealist.. The other guy does the details.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lol

And if that was deemed impossible and murder the only way out, I can accept that, but it should be done in a dignified way with 'mixed feelings' so to speak, rather than making it into some crazy celebratory patriotic revenge-orgy.
How in the holy fuck were they supposed to capture him? Keep sending in guys to tackle him/soak up 7.62's?
Pretty much this.

I'm not really bothered either way though.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
yeah honestly this is a guy who happily encouraged people to blow themselves up at the slightest opportunity. don't think he's going to surrender to us troops.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
jens you do kinda reek of wide-eyed college kid with a textbook
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
Beyond that, he would've been executed anyway. This saves time and money, I hope they got him while he was taking a shit.
inane little opines
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6733|St. Andrews / Oslo

Jaekus wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lol

How else was it ever going to be?
I know it was inevitable, and I would've predicted it, but I still find it disappointing. I wish it was toned down quite a bit.

On a positive note, at least Obama managed to keep his rhetoric relatively mild. God knows what Bush would've been saying at this point.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Shocking wrote:

Beyond that, he would've been executed anyway. This saves time and money, I hope they got him while he was taking a shit.
Chances were he would've topped himself in his cell ahead of an execution if he had the chance.
13rin
+977|6480
Bush released a statement ya tool.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

I'm about your age and lived here during Bush and I would bet my ass he wouldn't have said anything crazy. Maybe you missed the part of the Obama speech when he quoted Bush and said "We are not at war with Islam".
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
I was playing Borderlands last night, wat happen !?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

M.O.A.B wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Chances were he would've topped himself in his cell ahead of an execution if he had the chance.
Saddam didn't, none of the other AQ leaders in custody have.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

I'm about your age and lived here during Bush and I would bet my ass he wouldn't have said anything crazy. Maybe you missed the part of the Obama speech when he quoted Bush and said "We are not at war with Islam".
Did he quote the bit where Bush said he was on a crusade?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
Bush said it was a victory for the US and family members of the victims of 9/11, such vile claims

M.O.A.B wrote:

or that
inane little opines
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Saddam didn't, none of the other AQ leaders in custody have.
Bin Lid was a rather different kettle of fish.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

The happiness is in justice, not death. Of course people are going to be exuberant, they've been waiting for a decade. Give them a moment of satisfaction.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Honestly I would have preferred to have him captured, tried, convicted, and then hanged somewhere symbolic, but maybe swift and unceremoniously eliminating him is preferable to revisiting the trauma of the attacks. The desire for revenge, which the entire nation would be engulfed without on throughout the process of a public trial, is extremely unhealthy.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Jenspm wrote:

I don't think we should've gone in to kill him
your conscious should be clear, Jenspm. i don't recall Norway being involved.

"We" on the other hand, have had our lives changed irrevocably by the actions of the group bin Laden founded - the way we fly, the way we visit our public buildings, and the way the relatives of 3000 people (plus 47,000 troops) remember the world before and after the eleventh of September, 2001.

"We" did not ask for this war, it was brought to us, and the death of this man will bring some closure, and hopefully a chance for this country to evaluate 'why', now that the raw emotions have been let out.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6733|St. Andrews / Oslo

Macbeth wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lol

See my second paragraph.

re: Bush, I'd kind of expect a "cut the head off the snake"-esque speech from him, but if you don't think so, fair enough. I did see his comments, but I'd expect they'd be different if he was in power rather than the 'opposition'.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
13rin
+977|6480

Kmar wrote:

The happiness is in justice, not death. Of course people are going to be exuberant, they've been waiting for a decade. Give them a moment of satisfaction.
I'm pretty happy he's dead.  Justice?  Sure why not.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

nukchebi0 wrote:

Honestly I would have preferred to have him captured, tried, convicted, and then hanged somewhere symbolic, but maybe swift and unceremoniously eliminating him is preferable to revisiting the trauma of the attacks. The desire for revenge, which the entire nation would be engulfed without on throughout the process of a public trial, is extremely unhealthy.
Kinda allows for more martyrism to come about that way.

This way it was so quick it's kinda like "fuck, did it really happen?"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

13rin wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Death was the vehicle buddy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

Kmar wrote:

13rin wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Death was the vehicle buddy.
Beat me to it.
13rin
+977|6480

burnzz wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

I don't think we should've gone in to kill him
your conscious should be clear, Jenspm. i don't recall Norway being involved.

"We" on the other hand, have had our lives changed irrevocably by the actions of the group bin Laden founded - the way we fly, the way we visit our public buildings, and the way the relatives of 3000 people (plus 47,000 troops) remember the world before and after the eleventh of September, 2001.

"We" did not ask for this war, it was brought to us, and the death of this man will bring some closure, and hopefully a chance for this country to evaluate 'why', now that the raw emotions have been let out.
What?  You mean there aren't any Norwegian in SEAL team 6?
13rin
+977|6480

Jaekus wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Kinda allows for more martyrism to come about that way.

This way it was so quick it's kinda like "fuck, did it really happen?"
He's wasted enough of American's time and $$.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard