Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

St. Pierre wins decision over Shields.

https://i.imgur.com/Fu7CW.jpgSt. Pierre (22-2) won his eighth consecutive title fight and fourth straight decision in the Ultimate Fighting Championship with a victory over Jake Shields (26-5-1) on Saturday in the main event of UFC 129. Two judges scored the bout 48-47. One gave all five rounds to the champion for a 50-45 tally.Although Shields didn't realize it, St. Pierre's left eye became blurry in the second round, the champion said. St. Pierre had a cut on his nose and a welt under his left eye by the end of the fight. St. Pierre went to the hospital immediately after the bout.

The champion has decision wins in five of his last six fights. During at least two of those bouts -- Saturday's fight and a July 2009 win over Thiago Alves -- St. Pierre suffered injuries that impaired him.

As a champion, St. Pierre keeps facing elite opponents who are difficult to submit or knock out, UFC President Dana White said.

St. Pierre hasn't lost a fight in four years.

Also on Saturday's main card:
  • Featherweight champion Jose Aldo retained his belt with a unanimous decision over Ontario native Mark "The Machine" Hominick. Aldo took down Hominick each of the first four rounds and caused a monstrous welt on his forehead, although the challenger dominated the final round with an extended ground-and-pound sequence.
  • Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida sent fellow ex-champion light-heavyweight Randy "The Natural" Couture into retirement by flooring him with a karate crane kick to the face -- a move associated more with movies rather than professional mixed martial arts -- and finishing him off with punches on the mat. Before the fight, Couture indicated it would be his final MMA bout.
  • Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko knocked out Jason Brilz in 20 seconds. Matyushenko dropped Brilz with a two-punch combination and finished him off with hammerfists on the ground.
  • Ben Henderson won a unanimous decision Mark Bocek by outwrestling and outstriking him, while avoiding Bocek's submission attempts.
Saturday was UFC's debut in Canada's most populous province. More than 55,000 people bought tickets to the event, a record for UFC. It's also the largest paying crowd to attend a mixed martial arts event, although some events in Japan had bigger live audiences that included a significant number of comped ticketholders.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
Any news on GSP's eye?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

That Aldo hominick fight was awesome. I can't help but think if it went one more round Aldo would've lost. That welt reminded me of hasim Rachman.

More and more I'm becoming less impressed with Gsp's performance (said in a french canadian accent).

That Nate Diaz / rory McDonald fight was pretty awesome too. 3 slams in that third round too bad Nate doesn't have the skillset and killer instinct his brother has.

Lyoto takes a page out of his black house training partner anderson silva's book and knocks out coutoure with a seagal front kick to the face...amazing.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6576|England
That Machida kick was pure Miyagi-Do.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
Aldo looked gassed out he did mjor damage to the other guy though. Some real bad cuts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard