uziq
+492|3512

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Thankfully he is only breaking Twitter and nothing important.
i mean, tesla are under investigation for killing people with their cars. elon's top-down style of management has been pretty notorious for dismissing engineers' valid concerns about safety and quality control. it's really not only twitter that are coming under scrutiny.

and, because *markets*, the performance and bad news about twitter should be at least of peripheral concern to tesla shareholders. their stock prices are in some ways related, rational or not.

the guy is busy deluding himself that he understands the back-end of twitter's platform, whilst all the engineering leads he just fired quote tweet him on the very same platform and explain, in layman's terms, why is he talking total arrant nonsense. and this is a micro-blogging site, not a mars colony. it doesn't fill one with confidence that elon musk is the one single human being alive on this planet today who is best-equipped to talk us extra-terrestrial.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6776
too bad this forum never became something like twitter. gods we were strong back then, brought together by a video game but moved beyond that.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3512
even on the level of basic business acumen, the financing of the twitter loan looks disastrous. i saw a breakdown of it earlier from a hedge fund expert and the financing deal is just horrendous. that coupled with the short-term evacuation of revenue that elon has caused with the main advertisers ... really, really not good. twitter could very well not exist in 6 months. he has to service $1.5 billion in interest almost a year alone. that's not a good situation and is not going to draw any more investment or support for the platform, whilst he waits to magically turn it into a subscription-based platform with high rates of customer sign-ups. who is going to put equity in a business when 80% of its annual revenues are paying down interest? lmfao.
uziq
+492|3512

Cybargs wrote:

too bad this forum never became something like twitter. gods we were strong back then, brought together by a video game but moved beyond that.
i think there's still a surprising number of communities like this, marooned islander communities, not joined up in any systemic way (and probably impossible to find since the google search algorithm has changed so much; back in the day you could find community-based sites high up on the page rankings, but now the first 5 pages are all mega-businesses and brand partners, of course).

there's definitely a nostalgia for these old-school ways of association on the internet. i think discord summoned a bit of that with its IRC-lite energy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6776

uziq wrote:

even on the level of basic business acumen, the financing of the twitter loan looks disastrous. i saw a breakdown of it earlier from a hedge fund expert and the financing deal is just horrendous. that coupled with the short-term evacuation of revenue that elon has caused with the main advertisers ... really, really not good. twitter could very well not exist in 6 months. he has to service $1.5 billion in interest almost a year alone. that's not a good situation and is not going to draw any more investment or support for the platform, whilst he waits to magically turn it into a subscription-based platform with high rates of customer sign-ups. who is going to put equity in a business when 80% of its annual revenues are paying down interest? lmfao.
it is so bad that the banks can't even offload it at a 70% discount and yeah they're getting paid huge interest due to the size of the deal.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3512
the $44 bill figure was pretty much spitballed in the first place by him in the early hours. then they locked him into it. it's just fucking incredible.

and retards will sit and say 'elon has a master plan', which sounds everything like the QAnon folks insisting there was some event just waiting around the corner, the end-of-the-world preppers looking anxiously at their watch at 12:01 on the day the lord was supposed to return, etc.

the simple truth is that billionaires, especially the current batch with fantastical made-up stock market wealth and little translatable material outputs, are simply able to leverage immense amounts of money based on name-brand/PR recognition alone. their notional wealth gives them access to credit lines that the rest of us couldn't even dream of. easy to take giant risks and be celebrated as a 'master risk strategist' when you're gambling away global institutions' money, and will never be negatively affected by a credit score or threat of debtor's prison.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

uziq wrote:

i think discord summoned a bit of that with its IRC-lite energy.
I think I agree. Also, discord is a platform that has spun out a lot of amusing c s b's about man-child moderator creepazoids and (less amusingly) outright stalkers. Especially nerd-bro game channels, especially streamer channels (lmao). A lot of forum vibe survives in discord, channeling a lot of what I remember from the 90s and aughts. BF2S is pretty much the only one I sit in on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6165|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6776

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

He's in the midst of a tesla shareholder lawsuit over his compensation and one of the questions raised was whether elon was focused enough on tesla.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
He's clearly lost his mind, up to that point he wasn't doing that well was he, only creating multiple multi-billion-dollar companies.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

Twitter became a communications platform for elected officials. Not to mention the livelihoods of unceremoniously dumped employees because Musk was in a tiff. Not to forget the above-mentioned lives affected by various issues at Tesla and with Tesla vehicles. Things hardly of no import.

If something happened that hurt dilbert or mac or damaged their careers (or dilbert's stocks), I'm sure we'd be hearing about it here as if it were the worst thing on the planet.
uziq
+492|3512

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

as i said above, tesla are under investigation for killing people. hardly 'doing fine', lol.

plus all the shady rumours about tesla getting exclusive EV rights in the russian market, if only he withdraws support for ukraine's starlink ... and other shenanigans with the chinese market now that we are effectively decoupling global trade ... i wouldn't say the future for tesla is all that immediately rosy.

what's incredible is that people like you attribute the success of spacex and tesla to him, a guy who can't figure out a social media site, and not to, erm, you know, the world-leading engineers who are really driving forward those companies.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Every car maker kills people.

Autodrive is a step too far, but there's no progress without risk.

Up to now he's done pretty well, but, like you, his drug use has addled his mind.
uziq
+492|3512
lol okay. yes blame it all on drug use. how very convenient !!!

not the greatest argument in support of letting engineers run the world, is it? if they come unstuck by some moronic low-level behaviour as drug use? why should they be trusted any more than the current lot of coked-up parliamentarians?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6776

Dilbert_X wrote:

He's clearly lost his mind, up to that point he wasn't doing that well was he, only creating multiple multi-billion-dollar companies.
how the mighty has fallen i guess
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

lol okay. yes blame it all on drug use. how very convenient !!!

not the greatest argument in support of letting engineers run the world, is it? if they come unstuck by some moronic low-level behaviour as drug use? why should they be trusted any more than the current lot of coked-up parliamentarians?
Pretty sure anyone can become unstuck through low-level drug use, eh.

Once again up to that point he was doing, er, better than pretty well everyone on else on earth, having created two novel multi-billion dollar companies out of thin air.

At this point I would give the job of governing the UK to a teenager with a few hundred hours playing Civilisation over your conceited Oksford fellow traveller twits.

I mean, a decade of partying, classics-quoting hipster morons running the show hasn't exactly delivered a stellar result has it?
Could anyone do a worse job?

UK to be first G7 nation to fall into recession and last to get out
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic … 39663.html

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-11-15 02:33:25)

uziq
+492|3512
no, he didn't create tesla or spacex out of thin air? this is easily verifiable information?

but keep ranting. why don't you do a little bit of reading, pray child?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why does a successful engineer make you so angry?

Why aren't you ranting about Bezos, or Zuckerberg, or - anyone else?
You're strangely quiet on all the people who have robbed the little people of billions over the last few years, but a change of policy at twitter - thats just not on!

Feel free to read up on how Spacex was created
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX
uziq
+492|3512
successful engineer? please give me examples of his engineering at tesla or spacex?

the only original contribution he made to a company was early net code for his dot-com era companies. he hasn't engineered a single thing for tesla or spacex.

i think a better question is why are you so deluded as to this man? taken by his PR?

you do realise he has entire teams who rewrite his biography and company information on wikipedia, right? you know that 'humanities twerps' are told in day 1 of their undergraduate studies not to cite wikipedia as an authoritative source, right? it's not hard to piece together the early chronology of tesla (which existed long before musk ever showed up) and spaceX without using wikipedia's highly groomed summary.

you are hopelessly stupid dilbert.

i also rant about bezos and zuckerberg all the time? i have firmly been of the opinion that all billionaires are policy failures and should not exist.

why aren't you ever as excited about the female engineer who did genuinely build spaceX as a successful going concern, and who really did bring the necessary expertise to the operation? there's another good question for you. pretending that elon musk understands rocket science, let alone contributed anything of engineering worth to the company, is fucking hilarious. elon musk hasn't even got a graduate degree in engineering.

Last edited by uziq (2022-11-15 03:00:15)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Tesla and Spacex are engineering companies, Musk has a physics degree, I'm confident he has more idea about rockets than you do.

This isn't one of your waste of life english essays, I can source who I like.

You're the one who keeps bringing up Musk, I'm not excited at all really, I couldn't care less about twitter either.

Can we talk about the creepy turd who just burned down FTX to cover his thefts of people's life savings?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-11-15 03:05:46)

uziq
+492|3512
you really are an immature little twerp.

there are entire books written on the early days of tesla, and elon's actions and actual contributions. go look them up.

an 'engineering company' doesn't have to be helmed by anyone with engineering nous. are you really this dumb? the C-suite, outside of the CTO, don't have to know the first thing about rocket propulsion or EV batteries. elon's contributions, such as they have been, have mostly been to seek government subsidies and investor funding to scale-up his operations to their current size. he doesn't have a single fucking thing to do with engineering.

this is why i think elon is funny: because it's all pretense, all image, all PR bluster, all bullshit. 'elon personally interviewed all of the engineers at spacex'. lol, okay. because a guy with a bachelor's degree really knows how to vet world-class rocket scientists on their engineering skills, right? use your head you twerp. you want to believe in this guy so much that it honestly seems desperate. he's the figurehead and the money-man who everyone has to humour when he goes off on his make-believe 'polymath genius' act. he doesn't actually know anything of substance on these topics, dilbert.

i keep 'bringing up' musk? it's been one the top news stories in recent weeks. i'm not dragging up a recherche or zombie topic, here. it's not every day that some idiot burns $30bn dollars in real time and broadcasts it in a very public way to the watching world.

why do i need to talk about FTX in this conversation? what's the relevance? his entire circle were staffed by MIT engineers. i thought they were noble people? why are STEM eggheads partaking in crypto-scams, hmm? what's the logical relevance in this discussion? because he has a jewish surname? that sure builds a great argument!

Last edited by uziq (2022-11-15 03:12:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
My god, you're actually obsessed with Elon Musk.
uziq
+492|3512
you have zero critical thinking skills. if i'm obsessed with elon musk, you clearly are very libidinally invested in this idea of the 'genius engineering CEO'. because that is not what elon musk is. you simply need to believe in such a figure because your own identity is based around it.

i'm not asking you to think harder about wikipedia sources for the sake of english essays, dilbert. i'm telling you to think critically about how musk controls his narrative and public image. that's because, when you're at the helm of several massively overvalued companies, the main necessary skill in business is to command the confidence of (future) investors. it's a confidence act. elon musk has cultivated an image of being a polymathic god-brain who has singlehandedly revolutionised 2/3 industries, to the point of amending the histories of his own companies (tesla especially). that's because the media lap it up. and being able to drop some engineering-sounding gobbledigook at a TED talk or in a VC meeting is indeed all the necessary skills he needs to continue growing his companies. he's not actually double-checking the work of rocket engineers, dilbert. for fuck's sake.

Musk has a physics degree, I'm confident he has more idea about rockets than you do.
he has a joint honours in physics and business, lol. if you think that equips someone to personally oversee groundbreaking research in EV and rocket science, you really are more clueless than i ever imagined. he enrolled on a PhD at stanford and dropped out very early in the course. in terms of education, he is basically on a tier with this stanford dropout.

https://cdn.britannica.com/23/181623-050-6D1EC109/Elizabeth-Holmes-Theranos-Inc-company-laboratory-testing-2003.jpg

who with her few years of undergraduate education was supposedly able to revolutionise biomedical sciences, amirite? think critically ffs. for someone who places a high value on scientific expertise, you sure do dupe yourself.

'he leads engineering companies'. lol. oh i guess he is intimately familiar with cutting-edge science in that case! i think even a CEO like carlos ghosn would say that business skills come way above any sort of engineering skills in their roles.

the guy quite evidently doesn't even understand the code behind a microblogging website, somehow i very, very much doubt he has an expert grasp or played a crucial hand in developing rockets that can land themselves.

Last edited by uziq (2022-11-15 03:39:42)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dilbert_X wrote:

My god, you're actually obsessed with Elon Musk.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm looking forward to some Saudi princeling buying instagram with his pocket change so he can change the rules to preclude any pictures of women except in burkas.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard