unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Well yeah, I just think it was a weird metaphor for him to select, in more ways than just that. As if relocating in the winter to spend a few days (or months) living a life of relatively miniscule carbon footprint is so bad! lmao

Should we should do what dilbert does: live in the fucking outback sucking up monstrous amounts of energy and making money off of oil stocks? what the heck

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-11-01 20:03:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Environmentally-minded Dilbert and his "scathing" comparison of all this to seasonal recreation or whatever is kind of weird (in another way) if you analyze it. A lot of resorts are aiming for carbon neutral. I've read Wolf Creek in CO, focusing on 100% renewable energy, also runs its snowcats on biodegradable grapeseed oil ffs. Does Dilbert run his shop generator on grapeseed oil?

There are probably worse things you could do for the environment than downsizing into a snowmad lifestyle. Just talking about it makes me want to take another trip out. Largely computer-free, on the mountainside all day, spending an evening in front of an e-fire with a book and muscle-memory of mogul mashing.
I live and love in an urban jungle. I couldn't care less about the environment. Whenever I hear a young person worry about climate change I just
https://w7.pngwing.com/pngs/842/506/png-transparent-billie-eilish-musician-billie-eilish-photography-sticker-lyrics.png
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Those fake transparency backgrounds were the bane of my existence when I was looking for free stock photos for college projects.
uziq
+492|3453

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well yeah, I just think it was a weird metaphor for him to select, in more ways than just that. As if relocating in the winter to spend a few days (or months) living a life of relatively miniscule carbon footprint is so bad! lmao

Should we should do what dilbert does: live in the fucking outback sucking up monstrous amounts of energy and making money off of oil stocks? what the heck
i said in my other long post in the girl thread that his basic problem is people generally enjoying their lives whatsoever. it's all projection on his part. there are no acceptable lifestyles that he can approve of because he doesn't even fundamentally like much of what he's made of his own life.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Never you mind all that. There's a park bench with his name on it somewhere (no Indians allowed). Model citizen.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

i said in my other long post in the girl thread that his basic problem is people generally enjoying their lives whatsoever. it's all projection on his part. there are no acceptable lifestyles that he can approve of because he doesn't even fundamentally like much of what he's made of his own life.
This is why you should also post your smut. Every time I talk a girl into doing something nasty an incel gets a headache.
uziq
+492|3453
the problem is both groups, writer and audience, come off seeming scummy and insecure, desperate for the other’s validation.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The new web's tendency to vastly overshare personal lives, fused with the creepy underbelly of dial-up era BBS.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Memers having a fun time with Musk's awkward memery.

Lots of sycophant comments though, tongues stained with the dirt off the bottom of Elon's shoes. My goodness. Dip a toe, pool's definitely not to my temperature.
uziq
+492|3453
twitter is pretty much finished.

buyout on leverage at a vastly over-valued price. fire all the expertise. fail to service even the interest on the loan.

the banks are going to eat shit on this one in the short term and then the saudis will probably come in and buy up even more shares at a cheaper price.

it’s amazing what you can do if you’re already rich. imagine an average joe having access to these sorts of credit lines. disastrous decisions and nobody even seems to care.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Hurts to get too emotionally invested. Average citizen has a snowball's chance in hell outspending billions in lobby. See also: trying to shut down Walmart by personally boycotting it.
uziq
+492|3453
oh, i don’t actually care. i haven’t posted a single tweet in over 6 months.  like everyone else i was just finding politics and pandemic threads on there in the last few years.

most of my music stuff has migrated to instagram. another doomed platform. still … there’s always band camp.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

A happy medium between streaming and hard copies I suppose is downloads. I love having CDs, but I don't love storing them all. I also don't like trusting a promise and crossed fingers from a streaming service that they won't pull the rug out from under my library.
uziq
+492|3453
i've never actually used a streaming service for music or movies. but i guess that's a whole other conversation. i still like to 'own' things, even if by 'thing' i mean a bunch of 0s and 1s on an external drive somewhere.

spotify, for one, has plunged off a cliff in valuation in recent weeks/over the last year. i doubt it's disappearing any time soon but it just seems insane that people use it for their main method of accessing music. one day all those playlists and all that content you generated for them is going to be entombed on a dead server, as the venture capitalists move onto the next unprofitable thing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
At least one of my CDs is corroding, there are holes in it you can see through.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I don't mind wear and tear. I can always buy another copy, or back it up or something. Ownership always feels more ambiguous with streaming. Even if it's something you bought up front, there's no guarantee it won't be gone later, or that the whole service won't collapse without being absorbed. If I'm just paying for the service and nothing else, it's whatever I guess.

I think pretty much all of my CDs still work, but it's been awhile since I've flipped through them.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-11-03 07:28:40)

uziq
+492|3453
musk is doing his friday layoffs.

rather than do any sort of, you know, responsible HR (remember he laughed at the HR automated mails that arrived in his inbox?), he just told the entire company not to come in on friday. lmao.

https://twitter.com/ruchowdh/status/158 … btqv07nzZw

then long-time employees are finding out the hard way when they can’t log in to work systems. genius!

one of my friends made a really fucking funny comment: ‘imagine flying all the way to mars to set up a colony and this guy is your manager’. it’s like all of this clichéd movie plots where the crew slowly begin to murder each other and go insane. this guy can’t even lead a social media company but he likes to think he’s going to take humanity off-planet
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Twitter log in walled
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

uziq wrote:

https://twitter.com/krave/status/1588414322467778561?s=46&t=Sz0QQEIvUZr0btqv07nzZw

/popcorn
Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else.
Anyway, Musk still hasn't stopped twitter from locking up if you scroll down too far. Am disappoint.
uziq
+492|3453
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
not seeing a blue tick
uziq
+492|3453
she literally has a blue tick.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How do we know its not fake?

There, I have one now

https://icon2.cleanpng.com/20180418/bwq/kisspng-social-media-verified-badge-facebook-computer-icon-coin-5ad746f95b33a6.2188328815240578493736.jpg
uziq
+492|3453
because you hover your mouse over it and it literally pops up a box telling you that they have been officially verified.

you really must be so bored, man. christ.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard