SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
The Wehrmacht committed just as many war crimes as the SS.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3449
dilbert has been reading ww2 books written by right-wing nazi sympathizing columnists in their spare time that peddles the typical misinformation that the wehrmacht were all innocent chaps, good soldiers doing good soldiering, and most germans had no idea about the gas chambers and deportations, y'see ...

i would guess that this type of david irving-lite history makes up approx. 33% of all the books he has ever read in his life.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I have been reading and watching a lot about the fights parents are having against school boards over the LGBT agenda in schools, Critical Race theory in schools, and now masking our children in schools.

When are parents going to rise up and put these teachers and their unions in their place? It is really nauseating seeing how much the teachers and democrats are turning our schools into woke far left indoctrination centers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

dilbert has been reading ww2 books written by right-wing nazi sympathizing columnists
You're talking about Max Hastings
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have been reading and watching a lot about the fights parents are having against school boards over the LGBT agenda in schools, Critical Race theory in schools, and now masking our children in schools.

When are parents going to rise up and put these teachers and their unions in their place? It is really nauseating seeing how much the teachers and democrats are turning our schools into woke far left indoctrination centers.
Schools can teach all that stuff if they want, but they should teach it in a way that opens the classroom to discussion. That was never my experience in high school civics. Their way or the highway on things that were less factoid and more political opinionating. Bad class, but a good example of how being a snob about stuff can have the opposite desired effect when you're arguing with someone.

If there are legitimate arguments for or against a thing, those should be presented in balanced terms.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Here lesbians have made a concerted push to clear men out of the classroom so they can push their one-eyed agenda.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
A memo from the state Department of Education that was issued Wednesday calls on K-12 educators to consider providing remote instruction to students who might have to quarantine during the school year.
The governor of NJ has made it a priority for schools to fully open next month. They denied schools the ability to offer any remote options. The governor did put in a school mask mandate though.

A lot of admins expect some sort of shutdown not long after reopening. NJ cases are only 1600 a day but we our 2 week average is up 86%.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Blocking schools from having the ability to shut down is such a pissing contest. You'd think we'd learn not to use something as volatile as a deadly pandemic to pander and jostle for position. Maybe virus gets super bad, governor turns around and shuts them down again, looking pretty stupid in hindsight.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Blocking schools from having the ability to shut down is such a pissing contest. You'd think we'd learn not to use something as volatile as a deadly pandemic to pander and jostle for position. Maybe virus gets super bad, governor turns around and shuts them down again, looking pretty stupid in hindsight.
Are you referring to NJ? Our governor was fine with schools shutting down as long as they needed. This governor has been very good to the schools even before COVID. I support reopening and eliminating the remote option at least for a little while to see how it goes. Also vaccine mandate for all school employees should be a thing. Give me that booster shot.

I read headlines about governors in the south undoing or regretting the anti-mask and anti-lockdown laws they passed in spring 2020. It turns out the virus doesn't care if you are a red state or blue. The opposition to doing anything in regards to COVID finally caught up with them. I appreciate them putting their kids on the line though. Very Carthaginian of them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Schools shouldn't just have remote learning closed off to them. That can create a situation where either the superintendent rebels and shuts down anyway, or the school infects a hundred more kids while trying to cut through the state's red tape.

The motive for all this rings very political. I think people were in too much of a hurry to get out and tell their constituents that the virus was over. Also some self-fulfilling prophecy for compliance fatigue in constantly telling people they should be tired of even the least obtrusive of countermeasures.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
The "no remote" in NJ came from the state DoE. It didn't come from the state legislator which means switching gear won't be a political tangle wire like the southerners got themselves into. I support it as of now. I am fearful of piece of shit charter and religious scam schools going full virtual and not teaching anyone anything. Too many kids also dropped off the face of the Earth (metaphorically) during virtual. We should give being open full time a try. If it doesn't work out then do virtual for awhile. But 3 full years of no in person is a disaster.

I definitely agree that it is all political. The governor of NJ is up for reelection soon. No democrat has won re-election in New Jersey in 30 years. I assume the blue state governors are deeply afraid of motivated republican pig people showing out to vote while democrats don't care. The pressure to reopen because your neighboring state reopened is also tough.

If there is anyone to be mad at the people who refuse to get vaccinated are it. If everyone was vaccinated and used light masking (public transportation. Service workers. Etc.) this would be totally over and we could give kids the education they deserve.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Alright, misread your post then. It's still dumb though.

The people not getting vaccinated who could and should be are a part of a vast lump of things to be angry about in relation to US performance vs. pandemic.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Antivax people overwhelmingly overlap with anti-mask and anti-lockdown people. I get that it is a fucked up situation when the family bar can't stay open because a lockdown killed it. Maybe God Emperor Trump should have better advocated for those people.

Also it isn't totally white republicans fault. The vaccination rates of black Americans is atrocious. Asian, Hispanic, and White are all about the same but the black rate is an order of magnitude below those. And the media in NYC really screwed up when they reported on how it was mostly the blacks dropping dead in March 2020. I remember watching the reports on the news and thinking that was the worst possible angle to cover the NYC outbreak. Trump picked up on it and ran with it and here we are now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

It really does call into debate viability of a the second fairness doctrine, or even regulatory oversight for news media content about an ongoing public health crisis like this pandemic. Not an ideal solution, but news companies on the right, center, and the left have been publishing articles heedless of facts and scientific context.

Researcher: "1 in 20 million chance."
Fox, CNN, and others: "but there is a chance dot jack sparrow! emphasize that for our headline."
Readers: "oh my, that sound bad. i'll just wait to see how things play out."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I now know what Uzique meant about America not being that diverse between states. People in South Carolina talk differently but otherwise everything else is pretty much the same? Same fast food places, same stuff on T.V., etc. Everything seems even more fast food around here. I went to Uber Eats and looked around. In my area even mom and pop places are connected to Uber Eats but here it is all just fast food chains and a lot of them have $7.99 delivery. Never see that in the north.

Other interesting stuff. The relative likes that the kids have an agriculture project to complete in school. The schools like agriculture learning? That's different but keep in mind NJ #1 schools while SC is #44. I asked her about the demographics of the area and there are no Arabs or Asians at all. I looked at Facebook dating. Saw some girl "looking for a man to live a Christ centered life" lol.

Finally, you need a car to get everywhere. Don't like that.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I now know what Uzique meant about America not being that diverse between states. People in South Carolina talk differently but otherwise everything else is pretty much the same? Same fast food places, same stuff on T.V., etc. Everything seems even more fast food around here. I went to Uber Eats and looked around. In my area even mom and pop places are connected to Uber Eats but here it is all just fast food chains and a lot of them have $7.99 delivery. Never see that in the north.

Other interesting stuff. The relative likes that the kids have an agriculture project to complete in school. The schools like agriculture learning? That's different but keep in mind NJ #1 schools while SC is #44. I asked her about the demographics of the area and there are no Arabs or Asians at all. I looked at Facebook dating. Saw some girl "looking for a man to live a Christ centered life" lol.

Finally, you need a car to get everywhere. Don't like that.
you live in a metropolis. You are currently in a place where there are (according to your wiki link) ~25,000 people. What you are describing are rural vs. urban differences.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I don't feel like I live in a metropolis. Interestingly NJ is half the size of South Carolina but has nearly double the population.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't feel like I live in a metropolis. Interestingly NJ is half the size of South Carolina but has nearly double the population.
Welcome to rural life, get fucking used to it or get out.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I left. The only thing that impressed me about rural life was the housing developments they were building. Rows of new houses being built on empty plots of land. You never see that in my area. Homes starting at $200,000.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I left. The only thing that impressed me about rural life was the housing developments they were building. Rows of new houses being built on empty plots of land. You never see that in my area. Homes starting at $200,000.
Can get even cheaper than that in certain areas
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
British reddit keeps posting about how america sucks. They really are falling into the Fox News trap. They laugh when people say the UK is being taken over by Muslims then think they're gonna get shot if they visit the US.

Healthcare issues are fair, work issues are fair, rent issues are everywhere apparently.
I want to throw anyone that says third world country with a Gucci belt another time off a cliff.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
From my trip to South Carolina I learned that there isn't a blue America or a red America. There is only one America and it is fast food chains connected by roads.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Bus across the country. You'll wake up at a McDonald's stop and be like "what state am I in?"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I have heard the Catholic Church compared to McDonalds. You can go into any McDonalds and expect to find a Big Mac and McNuggets on the menu. You can go to any Catholic Church and expect to find a pedophile.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Both are also two of the largest landowners in the worldddd

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard