uziq
+492|3444
another self-loathing over-educated liberal, larssen, expressing white guilt over the intrinsic advantages our skin pigmentation gives us!!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Neither of you have an answer then.

Another question - Why do south africans and rhodesians prefer to not have food or electricity instead of multiculturalism.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
dilbert, the entire discipline of history is taken up with questions such as the rise and fall of empires, the emergence and development of civilisations, etc.

i could give you about 12 different readings on the eminence of the west after the middle-ages (presumably temporary, and soon to be eclipsed by china, which complicates your racial-essentialist view of things). would you like linear-historical liberal readings, marxist-hegelian dialectical readings, or perhaps a cyclical reading a la Vico?

the problem is that history is materialist and empiricist, and relies on things like facts and observation, things which you are weirdly impervious to when it comes to race, preferring instead crackpot pseudo-science from the intellectual backwaters of c. 1870 Victoriana.

you and jay have a lot in common when it comes to being blissfully ignorant swine rolling in your own effluent.
Larssen
+99|1880
Dilbert let me give you a simple example - why do you think the first cities, industry and agriculture started in Mesopotamia?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Defending the culture of the Middle East by citing Babylon is like defending the Italian mafia because the Romans built big building. I don't like it when maladjusted nerds cite Roman history to feel better than the black jocks at school who know to talk to dumb white girls better than them. I am not going to pretend that the modern Middle East isn't a mostly self made shit hole because people figured out how to get plant trees there first and only maybe first.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1880
Jesus christ I'm not defending the modern middle east by citing mesopotamia you dunce. Agriculture 8000 years ago has nothing to do with the contemporary ME. Do they hand you complimentary history degrees with a mcdonalds order at rutgers? It's about enlightening Dilbert to how external and systemic factors, even just luck, strongly influence communities and their development, it can explain a great deal about the course of history or why things are the way they are.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-03-08 09:52:13)

uziq
+492|3444
in any case even the pure example of previous civilisations who have risen and fallen, attained eminence and suffered declines, expresses the sheer contingency of the historical world and does away with dilbert's fucking farcical ideas that success can be deterministically attributed to ahistorical essentials like 'race'.

i don't suppose it's worth even unpacking the term 'culture' and to try and arrive at a more workable, concrete definition. waste of effort because these people also think that culture is homogeneous and seemingly arrives ex nihilo, without any importation or influence from outside.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Who gives a shit about the course of history when refugees fondle German women at parades? Do you think those ladies would rather watch a social justice warrior documentary on the Middle East or do you think they just care about stopping the next wave of touchy Arabs?

This reminds me of when I used to teach blacks kids in Newark. A lot of talk about how education and respecting authority is not part of their culture. And it absolutely didn't help in solving the issues in front of us.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Why don't you want to protect German women?
uziq
+492|3444
shut the fuck up
Larssen
+99|1880
In my direct social circle I know a heart surgeon, lawyer, pharmacist, construction engineer and molecular cancer researcher who's parents all came into this country as poor immigrants from China, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Cameroon. If the current generation of nationalist dickheads got their way none of them would have been here. Such an enrichment of our societies.
uziq
+492|3444
weird how the right-wing are always obsessed with the sexual purity of others, and of taking it upon themselves to save their own 'stock' from predation from outside. an unhealthy obsession with sex acts, and primarily the chasteness or corruption of the pre-pubescent, methinks. anyone who genuinely bases their political ideology off reported groping cases needs to spend a few months on an analyst's couch.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-08 10:48:17)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
We should only let the women from brown countries immigrate here.
uziq
+492|3444
macbeth you are so far down the racial hierarchy of the western worldview that you should really stop being a quisling for that lot. dilbert doesn't want you. you'll have to seek the acceptance you crave in some other domain. maybe the anime-weaaboo community will be more accommodating.

it's really honestly quite sad and pathetic that you raise these rape/sexual assault topics with a tongue in your cheek, and yet your own president frankly regards migrants and refugees from central america with the same dumb tropes. 'they're criminals, they're rapists'. that's you, matey.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-08 10:57:22)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Once again the liberal Uzi turns out to be the real racist all along. And all I was trying to do is protect women.

I am not a quisling. I acknowledge the biggest danger to women are white trannies and blue collar workers.
uziq
+492|3444
i don't have those beliefs, but it's patently obvious that you are not one of the 'elect' in that toxic ideology, so i don't know why you parrot it. you come across as more wretched than jay when he pretends to be a rockefeller.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I am not parroting an ideology. I think you have me confused with Dilbert. I like the Asians.

Anyway, my issue with Larssen's point is that it's historical abuse . Referencing the good old days to counter point real modern issues is dumb. And it is a thing I see plenty of dumb and loser white people do to. I referenced the Romans for a reason. I see loser Italians make references to the Roman Empire and it's history while fishing $2 a slice pizza from ovens for minimum wage.

And it is true that when I was young I held white people in higher esteem than other groups. I absolutely take responsibility for that. I guarantee you it isn't like that anymore. The opioid epidemic completely broke whatever confidence in white people as a group I had. I am well aware of the fragility of your community. I can go more into detail about this in one of the two dying white people threads.
Larssen
+99|1880
My question on Mesopotamia was supposed to lead to the insight that geographic factors and seasonal climate allowed for the invention of agriculture. The resulting excess food could be traded for other commodities not native to the local area, which in turn lead to industry, which also allowed settlements to grow into cities, causing more and more migration of people and wealth into the region. It is that simple, no need to reach for Marx or Hegel at this point - these are external and systemic factors that had NOTHING to do with Dilbert's dumbshit thesis that historical analysis focuses on a succession of 'superior cultures' because 'what else is there'. It's also a fun example as there's no way Dilbert can stomach the notion that these proto-Iraqis were somehow smarter. Does that relate in any way to the modern Middle East? No, you dense man.

Fixed that for you, proto-Iraqis.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-03-08 12:07:54)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Calling ancient Mesopotamians proto-Arabs is even more abusive. Were the ancient Egyptians also proto-Arabs?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Racist Belgians.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am not parroting an ideology. I think you have me confused with Dilbert. I like the Asians.

Anyway, my issue with Larssen's point is that it's historical abuse . Referencing the good old days to counter point real modern issues is dumb. And it is a thing I see plenty of dumb and loser white people do to. I referenced the Romans for a reason. I see loser Italians make references to the Roman Empire and it's history while fishing $2 a slice pizza from ovens for minimum wage.

And it is true that when I was young I held white people in higher esteem than other groups. I absolutely take responsibility for that. I guarantee you it isn't like that anymore. The opioid epidemic completely broke whatever confidence in white people as a group I had. I am well aware of the fragility of your community. I can go more into detail about this in one of the two dying white people threads.
you totally misread his post. he was alluding to the fact that the birth of modern civilization was a combination of many propitious/advantageous factors, i.e. a confluence of place, climate, relative stability, etc. material factors, in short, not some essential 'genius' of the race. he wasn't saying that the current-day middle-east has anything the fuck to do with ancient mesopotamia. you just jumped down his throat on that with your own pet chagrins.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
So the Middle East sucks because of the weather?
uziq
+492|3444
the idea being that different cultures and civilizations have been affected, beneficially and adversely, by contingent-material phenomena. it's, you know, kind of the underlying precept behind ALL historical study, macbeth. did you even take a degree? there are no 'essential' racial characteristics that make one people destined for greatness and another for the scrapheap. that's not how it works.
Larssen
+99|1880
I swear there's no fucking way this lad ever attended uni, or is a teacher, or a cop. Trolling for decades.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

uziq wrote:

the idea being that different cultures and civilizations have been affected, beneficially and adversely, by contingent-material phenomena. it's, you know, kind of the underlying precept behind ALL historical study, macbeth. did you even take a degree? there are no 'essential' racial characteristics that make one people destined for greatness and another for the scrapheap. that's not how it works.
Agreed about racial characteristics. But we shouldn't underestimate the effect of culture on development. I mentioned before that the Arab girl students I have are clever and hard working. I would sooner bet on one of them than a random white or Hispanic girl. White and Hispanic people live in societies where women have options and can choose their futures. Muslim societies mistreat women. This has impacted their development.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard