SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I understand that police treat black people badly but all of these protest seem a bit much. Don't these people have something more important to protest about? How often do they even come in contact with police for this to be an issue? I don't get it.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
My cop friend posted some similar chain letter sort of thing about how black males only account for 32% of police deaths, while white males made up around 60%. I responded how non-Hispanic blacks were about 12% of the population in the 2010 census, and assuming a 50:50 male:female means 6% of the populace is 30% of those killed by police. That sort of statistic does warrant investigation into the why that is.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I understand that police treat black people badly but all of these protest seem a bit much. Don't these people have something more important to protest about? How often do they even come in contact with police for this to be an issue? I don't get it.
Yes, they should be protesting poor Wi-Fi access and the ending of the last Game of Thrones series.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Marry, fuck, kill.

Your options:
May, Merkel and Clinton

Go
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trump is going to do them all.

That would be fun wouldn't it, women running three of the major(ish) superpowers at the same time?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
So in recent days I have seen several sources from the Black Lives Matter "side" (as much as that is a thing) which have condemned the murder of the Dallas police officers as antithetical to what they seek and unhelpful to their cause. However, besides that one viral video of some black lady cop, I've not really seen any publicity for police suggesting there is merit to some of the #BLM arguments. Most of the conservative law and order outlets put deflect blame on black people for not submitting to police authority or being raised to not respect the police.

Just like with the gun issue, good to know nothing has changed so we can practice our surprised faces for next time.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trump has come out firmly on the side of "law and order" whatever that means.

It does seem thoroughly predictable and moronic every time "I asked to see his licence, he reached for his pocket so I shot him".

People react unpredictably when faced with a Policeman shouting and waving a gun, people from different cultures and races react unexpectedly, taking a few steps backward will often defuse the situation and take you further away from any threat, if there is one.

As a process engineer I would say change the process, if the police stop you put your documents on the dashboard.
If someone is feeling threatened during a stop they should have a right to have a lawyer or witness present before being pulled out of the car.

In my view the Police have created this stupid situation with their racial harassment and generally belligerent behaviour, much of which seems to have flowed out of the military.
If their behaviour towards their fellow citizens is this bad its hard to imagine how they acted while 'keeping the peace' in Iraq.

Oh wait, we don't have to imagine, here it is

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
MSNBC and CNN are covering the Turkey crisis. Fox News is talking about Trump.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3961|SL,UT

SuperJail Warden wrote:

MSNBC and CNN are covering the Turkey crisis. Fox News is talking about Trump.
what are you saying exactly?
uziq
+492|3453
turkey is a shithole. ironically it's the vague possibility of turkey joining the EU that has always fanned the flames of the conservative right's euroscepticism in the UK. the two ends of Europe are heading in different directions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
As I understand it the Army are the 'good guys' here, while Erdogan is cementing his position as a dictator in an increasingly Islamic state.

The opposition have now been liquidated, bad luck for them.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
oh well. civilian control of the military is a good thing anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Glad I didn't vote for Ted Cruz, fuck that whiny child and his kiddy voice. There was always something about him that bothered me despite my parents originally loving him until he spoke last night.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
uziq
+492|3453
you're gonna be more glad you voted for trump arentcha you little cheese gobbling munchkin
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well of course he is, when Trump starts purging his opponents.
America already has the death penalty for driving whilst black, Trump's gulags are going to make Siberia look like a Wet'n Wild park.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I think it's hilarious that Cruz can talk about god-fearing this, party-unifying that, and familiar lift-yourself-by-your-own-bootstraps Republican crap and still be booed off-stage just because he didn't lick the bottom of der Führer's boots clean. What is this party now?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

uziq wrote:

you're gonna be more glad you voted for trump arentcha you little cheese gobbling munchkin
You betcha

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I think it's hilarious that Cruz can talk about god-fearing this, party-unifying that, and familiar lift-yourself-by-your-own-bootstraps Republican crap and still be booed off-stage just because he didn't lick the bottom of der Führer's boots clean. What is this party now?
Cruz made a pledge to endorse and support Trump if he lost, he did not follow through. So much for being a man of "his word."
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The place was filled with Trumpbots. Any Republican with good sense and morals avoided attending. I gained a sliver of respect for Cruz for going in there and not endorsing Trump. Of course he is setting himself up for 2020 as being on the right side of history. Still though he doesn't seem as bad as when he first started the race before Trump entered. Then again Trump made a lot of the GOP primary challengers look respectable in comparison.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

War Man wrote:

Cruz made a pledge to endorse and support Trump if he lost, he did not follow through. So much for being a man of "his word."
I wonder how many promises Trump never fulfilled. Or will never fulfill.
uziq
+492|3453

War Man wrote:

uziq wrote:

You betcha

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ … -tells-all

enjoy your "man of his word". you fucking melt.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has extended the period in which suspects can be detained without charge to 30 days, an official statement says.

The statement also ordered the closure of more than 1,000 private schools and more than 1,200 associations.

It follows last week's failed coup attempt against Mr Erdogan and the subsequent declaration of a state of emergency.

Mr Erdogan has blamed the coup attempt on US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen.

Mr Gulen has denied any involvement.

The Turkish leader has said the state of emergency will allow the authorities to deal with the aftermath of the failed coup effectively, allowing them to restore order.

At least 60,000 state employees have been detained or suspended in an internationally criticised purge.
How is Tony Blair not making money out of this?
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3961|SL,UT

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has extended the period in which suspects can be detained without charge to 30 days, an official statement says.

The statement also ordered the closure of more than 1,000 private schools and more than 1,200 associations.

It follows last week's failed coup attempt against Mr Erdogan and the subsequent declaration of a state of emergency.

Mr Erdogan has blamed the coup attempt on US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen.

Mr Gulen has denied any involvement.

The Turkish leader has said the state of emergency will allow the authorities to deal with the aftermath of the failed coup effectively, allowing them to restore order.

At least 60,000 state employees have been detained or suspended in an internationally criticised purge.
How is Tony Blair not making money out of this?
He's not Turkish? oh, i apologize - in your dialect Turkish means an ex-PM makes money from a political maneuver. got it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Steve-0 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/3pN58Ap.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I remember some old people back in the 80's and 90's complaining about how metric was some sort of fifth column attack on America conducted by underground commie plotters. Nowadays they've toned it down to merely calling metric sympathizers "pinkos."

How many human feet are exactly 12 inches? Worthless to estimate beyond more than a few heel-to-toe paces.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How many forearms are exactly a cubit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard