Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

It actually is black and white. Last time i checked food isn't illegal and shouldn't be banned in any way shape or form. Someone could have an eating disorder eating healthy food, the problem isn't the food, it's the people who can't control themselves. And society shouldn't be punished for it.

And yes Uzique hipsters do eat unusually healthy.
also you know nothing about food regulations and the food industry. there are plenty of bans and laws on what you can and cannot eat. otherwise everyone would be getting food poisoning b/c big industry would cut corners and sell terribly sourced/low quality foodstuffs, to maximize profits. without law and regulation, there is no guarantee that the meat or fresh produce you eat is healthy/disease free. WHY do you even come to d&st? you are the stupidest kid on this forum. no exaggeration. go back to business administration and your excel spreadsheets.
Here come the personal attacks when you realize you can't win an argument. You're ignoring my point, but it's ok. If morbidly obese people are stupid enough and don't want to change their lifestyle then they should die 10-15 years faster. That's their business not the governments. You're talking about food regulation not food banning. Obviously their should be checks on the quality if food, that's a whole different point.
and as i said, the government has deigned to ban many foods. you can't even eat haggis, the national dish of scotland. why? it contains sheep offal. your government doesn't want you eating it. you can't eat kinder egg confectionary either, because it is a potential 'choking hazard'. fine for everyone over here in the nanny-state EU. omg tyranny! there are tonnes of foods and drinks banned in the mighty US. do a fucking research.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

your country is fucking doomed if you think encouraging healthy eating is a suspicious and cynical "hippy-hipster" conspiracy. what a sad, fat fuck you are. EATING HEALTHY is good advice. it's scientific and nutritional - you know, factual, the sort of stuff you get a hard-on over. only when it doesn't suit you, it's a bunch of people in horn-rimmed glasses telling others how to look, right? jesus. i cannot believe how thick americans are about common sense eating. you LEAD THE WORLD in obesity figures. FORTY percent of adults americans. but no, it's just a bourgeoisie and effete hipster elite trying to force their granola bars on everyone!

idiot. first-rate. idiot.
Child, I never said there was anything wrong with eating healthy or exercising. I eat healthy. I don't eat a lot of sugar. I rarely drink soda. I probably eat too much meat. I don't eat enough vegetables. This is all known. I could drop weight if I really cared, but I don't. I don't feel unhealthy. I don't get sick. I have neither gained, nor lost, weight in years.

The primary difference between us is that I lack your vanity. I'm not a peacock that cares overmuch what people think about how I look. You do, that's fine, but that's the crux of the argument here. You can't imagine having a body like mine. It would mortify you, so you don't understand why someone like me isn't getting off the couch and running to the gym at the first opportunity, or sucking down every bit of nutrition information in order to change. I'm a happy person uzi, I'm secure. I don't have a $3,000 coat to show off how fashionable I am. I'm married, I'm over 30, and I couldn't give a rats ass whether 20 something year old girls find me attractive anymore. When I was your age, I got all the ass I wanted, and I did care how I looked, now it's less of a priority.
what a terrible and pained argument. only you could turn "being healthy" into some superficial "peacock" routine. how am i a peacock? i got in shape because i was afraid i was going to die. not because i wanted "hot ass" or because i cared how people thought i looked. lol you are ridiculous. as you get older, you should care MORE about eating healthy and watching your weight. having a wife isn't a hall-pass for infinite hamburgers. you will have less of a life to share with your settled other if you lead an unhealthy lifestyle. you are fucking stupid in the extreme to turn my argument for healthy eating into some 'youthful vanity' thing. my gf's dad is nearly 60 and he is in better shape than i am: he plays county seniors tennis, runs 4 times a week, and has a pretty strict gluten-free eating regimen. he's also a doctor, so you can rest assured its not some stupid 'housewife health fad' thing. it makes perfect sense: he wants to live healthily so he can see in more years.

there is just no reasoning with you on this discussion. you have major cognitive dissonance. you cast aspersions. diverting attention from painful truths. nobody is making the case to eat healthy because they are infatuated with self-love. hahahaha. what a desperate and pained attempt to make a pathetic insult in response to good counsel. you moron.
And my father in law runs triathalons, has near-zero body fat and will probably drop dead in the next ten years because he has a heart condition. My mothers parents are 93 and 91 respectively and spent their entire lifetimes eating a shitty diet. So what? We all die from various shit. Some things we do add the probability that we will die earlier in life, but nothing guarantees a longer lifespan. Hell, the guy that made jogging popular dropped dead from a heart attack mid-run in his 50s.

Either way, getting back to the main argument, it's not your right to legislate the lifestyle choices of others.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5800|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

also you know nothing about food regulations and the food industry. there are plenty of bans and laws on what you can and cannot eat. otherwise everyone would be getting food poisoning b/c big industry would cut corners and sell terribly sourced/low quality foodstuffs, to maximize profits. without law and regulation, there is no guarantee that the meat or fresh produce you eat is healthy/disease free. WHY do you even come to d&st? you are the stupidest kid on this forum. no exaggeration. go back to business administration and your excel spreadsheets.
Here come the personal attacks when you realize you can't win an argument. You're ignoring my point, but it's ok. If morbidly obese people are stupid enough and don't want to change their lifestyle then they should die 10-15 years faster. That's their business not the governments. You're talking about food regulation not food banning. Obviously their should be checks on the quality if food, that's a whole different point.
and as i said, the government has deigned to ban many foods. you can't even eat haggis, the national dish of scotland. why? it contains sheep offal. your government doesn't want you eating it. you can't eat kinder egg confectionary either, because it is a potential 'choking hazard'. fine for everyone over here in the nanny-state EU. omg tyranny! there are tonnes of foods and drinks banned in the mighty US. do a fucking research.
If the government is banning something because its poisonous that's fine but if you're banning something because people with disorders can't control themselves then there's a problem with that.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
i think your cynicism about eating and leading a healthy lifestyle is all much of a muchness. a long litany of excuses that basically suspends the decision to get off your ass for an infinite regress. i think that's sad. so what if the guy who popularised jogging dropped dead in his 50's? it has benefits for physical and mental health. nobody is proposing that looking after yourself will make you immortal - just what it will help you live better. the point of this legislation is to protect vulnerable/impressionable people from making poor decisions. children and minors, especially. should the government adopt the position of a surrogate parent? no, not ideally, not at all. but people are fucking stupid. america has an obesity problem. fast-food and junk food dominates your culture, and likely dominates your politics via its financial intererests, too. steps should be made. 40% of the adult population overweight, and you're still talking about 'rights'? invoking human rights over supersize portions? really? it's your national funeral, buddy.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Roc, refined sugar IS poisonous.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i think your cynicism about eating and leading a healthy lifestyle is all much of a muchness. a long litany of excuses that basically suspends the decision to get off your ass for an infinite regress. i think that's sad. so what if the guy who popularised jogging dropped dead in his 50's? it has benefits for physical and mental health. nobody is proposing that looking after yourself will make you immortal - just what it will help you live better. the point of this legislation is to protect vulnerable/impressionable people from making poor decisions. children and minors, especially. should the government adopt the position of a surrogate parent? no, not ideally, not at all. but people are fucking stupid. america has an obesity problem. fast-food and junk food dominates your culture, and likely dominates your politics via its financial intererests, too. steps should be made. 40% of the adult population overweight, and you're still talking about 'rights'? invoking human rights over supersize portions? really? it's your national funeral, buddy.
What part of "I'm happy" do you not understand?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

If the government is banning something because its poisonous that's fine but if you're banning something because people with disorders can't control themselves then there's a problem with that.
sorry, the national food of scotland is poisonous? lol you are AN IDIOT. GO READ SOMETHING. JESUS CHRIST.

here's a list of things that america doesn't ban, because woo freedom! even though it IS POISONOUS.

Ingredients: Coloring agents (blue 1, blue 2, yellow 5, and yellow 6)
Found In: Cake, candy, macaroni and cheese, medicines, sport drinks, soda, pet food, and cheese
Why the U.S. Allows It: We eat with our eyes. “Recent studies have shown that when food manufacturers left foods in their natural, often beige-like color instead of coloring them with these chemical agents, individuals thought they tasted bland and ate less, even when the recipe wasn't altered,” Calton says. This may explain why the use of artificial dyes—the most popular being red 40, yellow 5, and yellow 6—have increased five-fold since 1955.
Health Hazards: Back in the day, food coloring came from natural sources, such as saffron and turmeric. “Today most artificial colors are made from coal tar, which is also used to seal-coat products to preserve and protect the shine of industrial floors,” Carlton says. “It also appears in head lice shampoos to kill off the small bugs.”

Ingredient: Olestra (aka Olean)
Found In: Fat-free potato chips
Why the U.S. Allows It: Procter & Gamble Co. took a quarter century and spent a half a billion dollars to create “light” chips that are supposedly better for you, Calton says. They may need another half a billion bucks to figure out how to deal with the embarrassing bathroom side effects (including oily anal leakage) that comes with consuming these products.
Health Hazards: “This fat substitute appears to cause a dramatic depletion of fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids, robbing us of the vital micro-nutrients," Calton says, adding that many countries, including the U.K. and Canada, have banned it.

Ingredient: Brominated vegetable oil (aka BVO)
Found In: Sports drinks and citrus-flavored sodas
Why the U.S. Allows It: BVO acts as an emulsifier, preventing the flavoring from separating and floating to the surface of beverages, Calton says.
Health Hazards: “Because it competes with iodine for receptor sites in the body, elevated levels of the stuff may lead to thyroid issues, such as hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, and cancer,” Calton says. That's not all. BVO's main ingredient, bromine, is a poisonous chemical that is considered both corrosive and toxic. It's been linked to major organ system damage, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia, and hearing loss, which explains why it's been nixed in more than 100 countries.

Ingredient: Potassium bromate (aka brominated flour)
Found In: Rolls, wraps, flatbread, bread crumbs, and bagel chips
Why the U.S. Allows It: This flour-bulking agent helps strengthen dough, reducing the amount of time needed for baking, which results in lowered costs, Calton explains.
Health Hazards: Made with the same toxic chemical found in BVO (bromine), this additive has been associated with kidney and nervous system disorders as well as gastrointestinal discomfort. “While the FDA has not banned the use of bromated flour, they do urge bakers to voluntarily leave it out,” Calton says.

Ingredient: Azodicarbonamide
Found In: Breads, frozen dinners, boxed pasta mixes, and packaged baked goods
Why the U.S. Allows It: While most countries wait a week for flour to naturally whiten, the American food processors prefer to use this chemical to bleach the flour ASAP.
Health Hazards: It's not enough to just ban this product in Singapore. You can get up to 15 years in prison and be penalized nearly half a million dollars in fines for using this chemical that's been linked to asthma and is primarily used in foamed plastics, like yoga mats and sneaker soles.

Ingredients: BHA and BHT
Found In: Cereal, nut mixes, gum, butter, meat, dehydrated potatoes, and beer
Why the U.S. Allows It: “Made from petroleum [yummy!], these waxy solids act as preservatives to prevent food from becoming rancid and developing objectionable odors,” Calton says. A better solution may be natural rosemary and sage. In a 2006 study, some organic herbs and spices proved to be efficient at preventing oxidative decay in meat, which ultimately could improve the shelf-life of these products.
Health Hazards: California is the only state that recognizes the U.S. National Institute of Health's report that BHA is may be a human carcinogen, a cancer-causing agent.

Ingredients: Synthetic hormones (rBGH and rBST)
Found In: Milk and dairy products
Why the U.S. Allows It: Gotta keep moo-ving things along. Dairy farmers inject cows with genetically-engineered cow growth hormones to boost milk production by about 10 percent, according to Calton.
Health Hazards: “Cows treated with these synthetic hormones often become lame, infertile, and suffer from inflamed and infected udders,” Calton says. Humans, who consume these cows byproducts, are in no better shape, she adds: “The milk is supercharged with IGF-1 (insulin growth factor -1), which has been linked to breast, colon, and prostate cancers.”
please make a cogent point. come on. you can do it. just try. we believe in you.
Roc18
`

Superior Mind wrote:

I've consumed it my entire life and I'm perfectly healthy according to my doctor.

Whereas if I consumed tainted puffer fish I would be dead.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

What part of "I'm happy" do you not understand?
hey, if my commonsense promotion of a healthy lifestyle equals some extreme and well-hidden self-love and vanity, your protestations about being happy can equal self-loathing and denial, right? you betray continually that you aren't happy by your snide and inane little snipes. "marathon runner, he's insane". "disgusting tasting health foods". "hipsters exercise". these are all culinary confabulations.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Please stop posting. Everything is poisonous if you take it to the extreme. Eating too much brocoli is bad for you too.
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Your body has the ability to reach a kind of haphazard stasis if a particular kind of toxin is being introduced habitually. That stasis should not be mistaken for balanced health.
Roc18
`
I'm making a point and all I see is you making a case that junk food is deadly. If you eat it in moderation it's not deadly, just like anything else if consumed excessively.

And I'm saying that just because people can't control themselves doesn't mean the people in power should limit everyone else who know how to eat correctly.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
and i am saying that your pathological fear of 'tyranny' or the government infringing on your rights has led to america being the unhealthiest country in the world. you are parodied by the rest of the international community for your eating habits. you have a self-destructive (not to mention ecologically destructive) relationship with food. the freudian death drive writ large in breakfast bars. as i said, it's your funeral. enjoy freedom. most of the rest of the world seem to be quite happy and fine banning extreme corporate junkfood that serves no good purpose.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

and i am saying that your pathological fear of 'tyranny' or the government infringing on your rights has led to america being the unhealthiest country in the world. you are parodied by the rest of the international community for your eating habits. you have a self-destructive (not to mention ecologically destructive) relationship with food. the freudian death drive writ large in breakfast bars. as i said, it's your funeral. enjoy freedom. most of the rest of the world seem to be quite happy and fine banning extreme corporate junkfood that serves no good purpose.
Yeah, it's the governments fault that we're overweight. Right. They need to step in and save us from ourselves. Please stop posting too.
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Refined sugar does not occur naturally. Broccoli does. Broccoli isn't added to other food stuffs to make it more addictive. Broccoli might be bad for you if decide to eat several pounds of it, but insofar as you will cripple your gut. Refined sugar on the other hand will kill you if you eat that much.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-12 11:17:46)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
no, it's your fat dumb asses that have made you overweight. a combination of poor nutritional education and a culture of instant gratification and sensory/gustatory pleasure. america is a greedy nation, gorging itself on shitty food. a massive corporate interest has obviously developed as a result, and has a resulting stake in society and its own best (financial) interests. never have i said the government 'caused it'. i said your fear of the government intervening in the self-destructive cycle is only cutting off your nose to spite the face.

i'd advise you to stop posting as well if you're not even willing to read short, simple posts.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-12 11:17:47)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Refined sugar does not occur naturally. Broccoli does. Broccoli isn't added to other food stuffs to make it more addictive. Broccoli might be bad for you if decide to eat several pounds of it, but insofar as you will cripple your gut. Refined sugar on the other hand will kill you if you eat that much.
Oh jesus fucking christ. SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! Refined sugar is just sugar cane boiled down and with the molasses removed. That's fucking all. PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

no, it's your fat dumb asses that have made you overweight. a combination of poor nutritional education and a culture of instant gratification and sensory/gustatory pleasure. america is a greedy nation, gorging itself on shitty food. a massive corporate interest has obviously developed as a result, and has a resulting stake in society and its own best (financial) interests. never have i said the government 'caused it'. i said your fear of the government intervening in the self-destructive cycle is only cutting off your nose to spite the face.

i'd advise you to stop posting as well if you're not even willing to read short, simple posts.
blah blah blah
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Oh jesus fucking christ. SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! Refined sugar is just sugar cane boiled down and with the molasses removed. That's fucking all. PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Exactly, does not occur in nature. Requires people to do stuff to it.

Your outbursts of SHUT UP and blah blah blah are clear symptoms of an enraged addict.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-12 11:21:36)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
its alright jay, you will die not only ignorant and dumb but also fat, necessitating a more expensive coffin for your deadbeat kids to cough up the dough for (which they won't have, because they'll all have opted to study communications degrees at community colleges).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

You could be the stupidest person I've ever encountered on the internet. All cooking requires you to do stuff to food.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

Superior Mind wrote:

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

to be fair bread doesn't grow on trees either and that's been pretty kind to civilization over the millennia
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Broccoli is edible straight from the ground. It is not a byproduct of any chemical alteration.
Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

And like I said earlier, enjoy your government promoted "organic" hipster food while I enjoy a real meal.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

its alright jay, you will die not only ignorant and dumb but also fat, necessitating a more expensive coffin for your deadbeat kids to cough up the dough for (which they won't have, because they'll all have opted to study communications degrees at community colleges).
This seems probable

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard