Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Jay wrote:

For as much as liberals like to demonize the guy, his budget proposals were really tame. It was akin to the austerity packages passed in Europe which don't actually cut current spending, they simply slow down future spending. None of his proposals would've actually balanced the federal budget but I have to say they're a helluva lot better than the stick your head in the sand and hope for a miracle approach the Democrats have taken.

And yes, he is kind of creepy.
he also opposes stem cell research, would like a federal ban on dick to dick marriage, oh and dislikes funding renewable energy research

but aside from all that he's one swell guy!
we have the worst economy since the depression and we just lost our AAA bond rating due to our massive debt levels. That stuff is window dressing.
Of course those things seem minor since they don't affect you.

Surprisingly some things are not worth giving up for an iPad.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

he also opposes stem cell research, would like a federal ban on dick to dick marriage, oh and dislikes funding renewable energy research

but aside from all that he's one swell guy!
we have the worst economy since the depression and we just lost our AAA bond rating due to our massive debt levels. That stuff is window dressing.
Of course those things seem minor since they don't affect you.

Surprisingly some things are not worth giving up for an iPad.
our country being bankrupt is kind of a big deal. What use is stem cell or renewable tech if we cant afford to buy the products they're researching? Gay marriage is important but its already legal in my state and wont be legal in the red states. So what? Dont live in those states.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5990|...
Jay I very much doubt that some incompetent, naive idiot (Romney) will do better than Obama and drag your country out of recession. You've got a choice between bad and terrible (just like in the last 3 elections). At least Obama is actually intelligent.

Meh, over here it looks like he's being handed a 2nd term on a silver platter anyway.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-08-12 12:43:30)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

Jay I very much doubt that some incompetent, naive idiot (Romney) will do better than Obama and drag your country out of recession. You've got a choice between bad and terrible (just like in the last 3 elections). At least Obama is actually intelligent.

Meh, over here it looks like he's being handed a 2nd term on a silver platter anyway.
He's far from an idiot. Your media is just supremely biased.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5990|...
Remember his charm offensive? He managed to insult people everywhere he went within minutes of arriving. President material right there.
inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5990|...
And I know there's a (disgustingly obvious) bias against republicans in general all over Europe. I've never seen the media here report on them positively, ever.

Even though that is the case I really don't see what's so great about Romney.
inane little opines
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
Mitt Romneys entire philosophy seems to be that tax cuts will pay for themselves, and to add funding to the military.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

1. Tax cuts for the rich
2. Cut government services for the poor
3. ?
4. Problem solved.

And I'm sure step 3 is something equally terrible.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin
Tax cuts for every fucking person Aussiereaper, not just the rich.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
its no use arguing aussies
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

War Man wrote:

Tax cuts for every fucking person Aussiereaper, not just the rich.
thats not actually right
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Tax cuts are the best way to pay off debts.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Tax cuts are the best way to pay off debts.
Spending cuts are. We can't raise tax rates high enough to balance our current budget without making ourselves completely non-competitive economically, and it's a political non-starter anyway. Romney isn't suggesting tax cuts btw, he simply wants the current tax rates, tax rates that have been in place for ten years, to remain rather than raising them like Obama wants to do.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
one would think some combo of both would work out nicely.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
And I'm not voting for either one of them so whatever, but I strongly feel that Obama has been one of the worst presidents in this country's history. He's a liar, a war starter, an economy destroyer, he expanded the war on drugs, he deported tens of thousands of people, and yet people look past all that. Fuck them both. I wouldn't even care if Obama was reelected except he's also been using executive orders to end run around congress. I prefer deadlock.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Jay wrote:

And I'm not voting for either one of them so whatever, but I strongly feel that Obama has been one of the worst presidents in this country's history. He's a liar, a war starter, an economy destroyer, he expanded the war on drugs, he deported tens of thousands of people, and yet people look past all that. Fuck them both. I wouldn't even care if Obama was reelected except he's also been using executive orders to end run around congress. I prefer deadlock.
Bush was better?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

Bush was better?
On balance, yes, and I absolutely despised Bush.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Will anyone vote for the government who would get the US out of debt?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Will anyone vote for the government who would get the US out of debt?
Nope. Since FDR our national politics have hinged on patronage rather than issues. Too many loud vested interests and people like AR yelling about poor people dying in gutters if any part of the government is trimmed (except of course, the military, a little).
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
The military could probably be cut a lot.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Actually Romney's plan said he wants people to pay 20 percent fewer taxes.
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
yes, Obama the war starter.  and how many shitholes would we be stuck in now if McMaverick had been president during the arab spring?  Neocon policy would've had us delivering democracy to grateful little brown people with nice and expensive invasions and occupations.  And republicans are still bitching about us leaving Iraq. 

Pakistan hates us more now than ever, that's good foreign policy.
13rin
+977|6470

Reciprocity wrote:

yes, Obama the war starter.  and how many shitholes would we be stuck in now if McMaverick had been president during the arab spring?  Neocon policy would've had us delivering democracy to grateful little brown people with nice and expensive invasions and occupations.  And republicans are still bitching about us leaving Iraq. 

Pakistan hates us more now than ever, that's good foreign policy.
what if? what if? what if? 

GTFO.  Obama is a fuck.  His policies fail as hard as your post.

PS.  Obama is on the same time line as Bush set. sooo... more fail by you. gg.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

why do you act like such a child
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

13rin wrote:

what if? what if? what if? 

GTFO.  Obama is a fuck.  His policies fail as hard as your post.

PS.  Obama is on the same time line as Bush set. sooo... more fail by you. gg.
Hey Mr. Fuck, trying addressing what rec actually said, lol

The answer is the only response the neocons have to any foreign policy crisis in the world is a full ground invasion.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-08-12 16:55:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard