Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

ROGUEDD wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I don't get why people are falling over each other to defend Chick Fil A. You can't involve yourself in politics and then sit back and cry when you face backlash.
I don't think anyone has a problem with the boycott, it's the politicians falling all over themselves to prevent a business from opening up in their districts so they can score political points with the gay community that's the problem.
I have a problem with boycotting an entire business chain because of one man's opinion. That kind of retarded shit costs people their jobs.
People have every right to shop where they want for any reason.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
rdx-fx
+955|6588
If a company puts their politics in front of their product, they'll be judged by their politics before their product.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Maybe people shouldn't express political opinions at all unless they're unemployed.
It is not about someone just expressing an opinion. It is about Chick Fil A buying PACs in order to legalize discrimination against gay when it comes to things like employment, housing, etc.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
chicfila is shit anyways
Tu Stultus Es
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Who else thinks this is some great advertising for them?  I haven't been there in months, just drove by one today.  lol. (not to support their stance on anything, they were just talking about it on the radio when I was nearby)

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-08-01 12:03:08)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Chick-fil-A says it set a sales record on Wednesday, the day that supporters rallied around the fast-food chain amid a debate over its president’s opposition to same-sex marriage.

The chain won’t release sales numbers, but “we can confirm reports that it was a record-setting day,” said Steve Robinson, Chick-fil-A’s executive vice president of marketing.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee had called on people to buy food at the chain on Wednesday, which he dubbed “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day,” after a backlash against the company and their president.

The controversy started after an interview with the fast-food restaurant chain’s president and COO, Dan Cathy, appeared in The Baptist Press on July 16. He weighed in with his views on family.

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” Cathy said. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

On a Facebook page Huckabee created announcing the event, more than 620,000 people said they would participate.

He called for a vocal response to the backlash against the restaurants and its president.

Throngs of people went to Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country Wednesday. On Facebook, fans posted photos of themselves holding bags emblazoned with the restaurant chain’s bright red logo.
Nothing like almost a million worthless fat ass americans coming together to say 'fuck you' to gay people
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
4/10 joke
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6386
One location reported 3 times normal sales.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

Did you see chick fil a issued a recall for the muppet toys they give out in their kids meals as a result of the muppets dropping chick fil a?  The news report I saw had a picture of a sign posted in a chick fil a saying they were recalling the toys due to a safety concern, despite consumer reports (who usually issues the recall) saying there is no issue.  Plus chick fil a themselves said it was a voluntary recall in press releases, despite pictures of the recall notice posted in stores saying it was because of a safety concern.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Did you see chick fil a issued a recall for the muppet toys they give out in their kids meals as a result of the muppets dropping chick fil a?  The news report I saw had a picture of a sign posted in a chick fil a saying they were recalling the toys due to a safety concern, despite consumer reports (who usually issues the recall) saying there is no issue.  Plus chick fil a themselves said it was a voluntary recall in press releases, despite pictures of the recall notice posted in stores saying it was because of a safety concern.
that's totally gay
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6386

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Fuck the Supreme Court.
Democracy does suck.
this is a republic you returd
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Fuck the Supreme Court.
Democracy does suck.
this is a republic you returd
wat
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California
Democracy = the people have the power
Republic = the people have the power, to do anything not against a superior set of rules i.e. constitution

terriible description but it should get the point across, but you'll get it
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6710|Purplicious Wisconsin

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Republic = the people have the power, to do anything not against a superior set of rules i.e. constitution

Say the pledge of allegiance to him.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

-Sh1fty- wrote:

you're fucking retarded.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Republic = the people have the power, to do anything not against a superior set of rules i.e. constitutionit
Yes, its better that long-dead rich white slavers who wanted taxes paid to them instead of the legitimate govt have more control over your life than you do.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

Dilbert_X wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Republic = the people have the power, to do anything not against a superior set of rules i.e. constitutionit
Yes, its better that long-dead rich white slavers who wanted taxes paid to them instead of the legitimate govt have more control over your life than you do.
hurr durr america is a republic not a democracy.

good arguments for freedom and liberty, considering the definition of a democracy is any form of government that the head of state isn't passed down through hereditary means, aka a monarchy. china's a republic, soviet union was a republic.

hurr durr shifty.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

War Man wrote:

Say the pledge of obedience to him.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
i still lol @americans going on about obama and his unconstitutional government, motherfucker was a constitutional lawyer and professor teaching that shit at your best universities, pretty sure he knows what he can and can't do.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

Cybargs wrote:

i still lol @americans going on about obama and his unconstitutional government,
in texas, a tea bagger beat the lt. governor in a primary for senate. the lt. governor was a conservative, was even right of rick perry. meanwhile, you have a republican rominee that is putting his foot in his mouth because he's out of the country, and has publicly declared to resume sucking conservative dick when he gets back to the democracy, err, i mean the republic. i still can't get anyone to tell me which of bushes policies our constitutional scholar in chief has actually changed, hell even Gitmo is still open last i heard.

too bad jeb's last name is bush, he could have won this year without being saddled with that kind of baggage, so he fights it out with norquist.

that's just great, we have jeb and grover fighting like it's a beverly hillbillies episode, dick cheney commenting on how shitty palin was as a vp pick, the tea party fucking over the republicans after the republicans tried to co-opt them, and everyone holding their breath to see which white millionaire the rominee picks to lose to obama to.

gg republican party, this ain't your daddies g.o.p.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Cybargs wrote:

i still lol @americans going on about obama and his unconstitutional government, motherfucker was a constitutional lawyer and professor teaching that shit at your best universities, pretty sure he knows what he can and can't do.
Because knowing what is and is not legal determines how you govern.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5698|College Park, MD
Unemployment would be 11% right now if labor force participation was as high as when Obama took office.

And people say we've recovered
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

hurr durr america is a republic not a democracy.

good arguments for freedom and liberty, considering the definition of a democracy is any form of government that the head of state isn't passed down through hereditary means, aka a monarchy. china's a republic, soviet union was a republic.

hurr durr shifty.
Constitutional republic. Figures that Americans are still arguing about what fucking form of government we have.

... Is that all?

Cybargs wrote:

I'm not going to parade the source, but make of this article what you will.

e: I'm tired. Should probably get to work. Wait...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Alex Jones lol.  Might as well be citing Sarah Palin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard