Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5401|London, England
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/771 … e-behavior

Baseball, politics, it's got it all. Bill James is the man
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5629

It would really be wonderful if you could tell us a little about what you want us to take our valuable time reading.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6675|949

dude, it's grantland.  By far the best sports journalism around.  Seriously.  Let me give you a sample, from something I read last week or maybe the week before:

But newspapers were beasts fed once a day, with some deliberate thought. Twitter is omnivorous, insatiable, and wants immediate gratification, its maw jacked open for the red meat of speculation, hypothesis, conjecture, and the occasional outright lie.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/770 … ports-news
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6675|949

But Jay just likes Bill James because he's more or less the godfather of advanced metrics in baseball
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5629

Never heard of them. Do they cover MMA?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

dude, it's grantland.  By far the best sports journalism around.  Seriously.  Let me give you a sample, from something I read last week or maybe the week before:

But newspapers were beasts fed once a day, with some deliberate thought. Twitter is omnivorous, insatiable, and wants immediate gratification, its maw jacked open for the red meat of speculation, hypothesis, conjecture, and the occasional outright lie.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/770 … ports-news
I dunno about the best... Deadspin has its moments, and I really, really like the blogs on SB Nation. Bill Simmons got old a long time ago (But you love basketball so I'm sure you have a different view of his rants about the Clippers)
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6675|949

SB nation is absolute garbage dude. On par with Bleacher Report. Malcom Gladwell does articles once and a while for Grantland. The writing for the most part is amazing.

I like Bill Simmons. He's hilarious, he's got an amazing knowledge of sports and he's able to connect and share the viewpoint of the common sports fan. And he hates Kobe (and the Lakers). As far as I'm concerned, he's the best sports journalist out there. Beats the pants off Whitlock, Rosenthal, et al.

Macbeth, there's a lot of sites for MMA. I like MMAfighting, but they kowtow to UFC. Join MMA.tv, pros and MMA insiders (including Dana white, Lorenzo Fertitta, the Voice, Joe Rogan, Mauro Renallo) all post on the underground forums there.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SB nation is absolute garbage dude. On par with Bleacher Report. Malcom Gladwell does articles once and a while for Grantland. The writing for the most part is amazing.

I like Bill Simmons. He's hilarious, he's got an amazing knowledge of sports and he's able to connect and share the viewpoint of the common sports fan. And he hates Kobe (and the Lakers). As far as I'm concerned, he's the best sports journalist out there. Beats the pants off Whitlock, Rosenthal, et al.

Macbeth, there's a lot of sites for MMA. I like MMAfighting, but they kowtow to UFC. Join MMA.tv, pros and MMA insiders (including Dana white, Lorenzo Fertitta, the Voice, Joe Rogan, Mauro Renallo) all post on the underground forums there.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I love Rob Neyer, Dave Cameron and Eno Sarris
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6815|PNW

Jay wrote:

This is just anti-gun people using a tragedy to try to strike down a law they despise.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Everyone coming out against Zimmerman just has an anti-gun agenda they are tying to push.
<-- pro-gun, thinks Zimmerman's full of crap
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5629

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

This is just anti-gun people using a tragedy to try to strike down a law they despise.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Everyone coming out against Zimmerman just has an anti-gun agenda they are tying to push.
<-- pro-gun, thinks Zimmerman's full of crap
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6149|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

<-- pro-gun, thinks Ken Jenning's full of crap
Yawn, knocking down a ludicrous vigilante law doesn't mean the British are coming to take your guns.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5745|College Park, MD

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Can someone explain what's so abhorrent about a law that lets me defend myself if my life is in danger? (before some troll answers, no I'm not saying Zimmerman was right)
can someone treyvon martin you please
won't happen, i'm not suspicious-looking enough
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6759

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Can someone explain what's so abhorrent about a law that lets me defend myself if my life is in danger? (before some troll answers, no I'm not saying Zimmerman was right)
can someone treyvon martin you please
won't happen, i'm not suspicious-looking enough
shut up refo
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6675|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

<-- pro-gun, thinks Ken Jenning's full of crap
Yawn, knocking down a ludicrous vigilante law doesn't mean the British are coming to take your guns.
I was making fun of jay. I hope you don't think I'm that stupid
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6815|PNW

Edits.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558451_3608378536416_1482270024_3284035_321401428_n.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
History proves you wrong
https://robrimes.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/budget_deficit_or_surplus.gif
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6042|...
why did you exclude O?
inane little opines
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS
Seems that the graph was made in 2006. That's a fair few years left out if so...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Doesn't matter, it covers the last three Republican Presidents - fiscal conservatives my bottom.

Whats funny is Reagan banged on and on about the deficit, then tripled it for no good reason.

Obama had two wars and a total financial meltdown to deal with- fiscal conservatives Jay's bottom
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

History proves you wrong
Look at the cartoon instead of only seeing what you want to see.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/524156_283221935086704_210233502385548_635906_2075129059_n.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
rdx-fx
+955|6634

Jay wrote:

This.

Democrat or Republican - Same 6' stack of shit, same $5000 suit, different colored tie.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Its worse than that, the wild polar swings each time the govt changes are almost as bad as the consistently bad policies both sides are agreed on.

Add them together and....
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6818|Moscow, Russia

rdx-fx wrote:

Jay wrote:

This.

Democrat or Republican - Same 6' stack of shit, same $5000 suit, different colored tie.
but... but, but, but, it's DEMOCRACY!!11!!!!one!1!11
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard