Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
The whole Martin case is getting ridiculous. CNN came out with a poll today saying "3/4 Americans want Zimmerman arrested".

Okay, that's great. Who the fuck cares what 3/4 Americans want? They're not part of the investigation and don't have all of the facts.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

AussieReaper wrote:

The 911 operator told the guy not to follow the kid. He followed the kid, attacked him, and shot him.

IMO he lost the self defense excuse when he disregarded the 911 advice and became the aggressor.
How do you know he attacked the kid? Isnt the part after zim talked to the dispatcher unknown? or were there eyewitnesses that have come out?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

Poseidon wrote:

The whole Martin case is getting ridiculous. CNN came out with a poll today saying "3/4 Americans want Zimmerman arrested".

Okay, that's great. Who the fuck cares what 3/4 Americans want? They're not part of the investigation and don't have all of the facts.
Do the cops have all the facts? One thing that seems strange to me is that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and held. He shot a kid and so far the only witness is himself.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

The 911 operator told the guy not to follow the kid. He followed the kid, attacked him, and shot him.

IMO he lost the self defense excuse when he disregarded the 911 advice and became the aggressor.
How do you know he attacked the kid? Isnt the part after zim talked to the dispatcher unknown? or were there eyewitnesses that have come out?
According to Zim, Martin attacked him when he was going back to his car. There is supposedly one eyewitness who said he saw Zimmerman getting his ass kicked and screaming for help on the ground before he shot Martin.

The eyewitness part is a little shaky. Different sites have slightly different versions of what the witness saw. Take it with a grain of salt.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum
eyewitnesses are also not exactly reliable a lot of the time.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

FatherTed wrote:

eyewitnesses are also not exactly reliable a lot of the time.
Add to that more supposed eyewitnesses are coming forward claiming all sorts of things. None helpfull to Zimmerman.
CC-Marley
+407|6846
Interesting side to the story. A tragic death no matter what the facts. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"George Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, and had an injury to the back of his head."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm … d=15999256
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
Reports are that Zimmerman is 5'9", well over 200 lbs. Martin was a lanky 6'3" kid.

Pretty hard to believe he overpowered Zimmerman.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

According to Zim, Martin attacked him when he was going back to his car. There is supposedly one eyewitness who said he saw Zimmerman getting his ass kicked and screaming for help on the ground before he shot Martin.

The eyewitness part is a little shaky. Different sites have slightly different versions of what the witness saw. Take it with a grain of salt.
The dispatcher told Zim not to follow the suspect. Of course Zim was the attacker when he ignored that request and went after Martin. He may have confonted Martin and they got into a fight, but at what point exactly does the guy stalking Martin become the non-aggressor? After he gets his ass kicked by an unarmed child?

What right does Martin have against the guy following him who then leaves his vehicle to confront him? Was Martin not holding bis ground too?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5737|Gulf Coast

13rin wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

He still followed the kid and got out of his car with a gun to confront an innocent person who was just walking. The victim here would have had a good cause for sell defense if he had a gun and shot Zimmerman first.
That's what I thought at first until I read that article.
Which article? Seems like everyone I read has details that differ from one before. I've listened to the 911 calls from Zim, He's on the phone with 911 and you can clearly hear him get out of his car and start walking. The 911 operator asks if he is following him, Zim says yes, the operator says we don't need you to do that and Zim says Okay but keeps following.

and wtf Geraldo?

"I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martins death as George Zimmerman was." Geraldo Rivera 
13rin
+977|6496
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/s … n-03232012

^edit: Geraldo is a moron.  However, does a 'hoodie' nowadays perpetuate images of thug/gangster lifestyle? I don't know.

Last edited by 13rin (2012-03-26 13:11:40)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

I wonder if zim had the gun on him when he walked up to the teen. Seems like that's important here. Was he attacked from behind, then shot the kid during the struggle?  Did he go back to his car to get the gun and then shoot? Did the witness hear a gunshot?
13rin
+977|6496
Yea.. I agree.  Honestly though, I don't know why Zimmerman confronted the kid to begin with.  I don't get the whole 'drive around looking for people causing trouble'.  That's not something I like to do with my free time.

If it is true that the kid was straddling over him smashing his skull into the sidewalk.... Well then.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

I am in Rahway (a really black area) and right across from me they are having a rally for justice for Martin. I have no idea why. It's cold out and we are in NJ.
13rin
+977|6496
Protest going on in front of Capitol.  It's like a fn lynch mob...
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5737|Gulf Coast

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I wonder if zim had the gun on him when he walked up to the teen. Seems like that's important here. Was he attacked from behind, then shot the kid during the struggle?  Did he go back to his car to get the gun and then shoot? Did the witness hear a gunshot?
I found an article with Martins girlfriend saying she and Martin were talking on the phone when Zim starting following Martin all the way up to when Zim caught up with Martin..

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-kil … -news.html

Use the link below if you want to hear the 911 calls. Listen to the 3rd to hear someone calling for help right up until the gunshot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/1 … 54909.html

edit: inverted links

Last edited by El Beardo (2012-03-26 15:00:30)

13rin
+977|6496
http://www.smartmoney.com/invest/strate … ?mg=com-sm

This is going to hurt me.  Goddammit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5375|London, England
Meh, dividend stocks are crap. I'd rather they buy back shares.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6496
OK Jay.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6341|Graz, Austria

Jay wrote:

dividend stocks are crap
Because they ultimately come from carbon?
SCNR
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5375|London, England
No, because dividends bleed cash from companies. If they do a stock buyback instead, the money essentially stays within the company because the stock the company maintains goes up in value, and so do the stocks they buy. The company actually makes money when it buys its shares back, which just adds to the fact that each share is now more valuable because the supply has shrunk. Dividends is just money thrown away by the company. It does nothing to help future profits.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
LOL OK.

Doesn't make logical sense for many business models but there you go, there are plenty of idiots buying Rio Tinto shares for example.
Not that buying Rio Tinto shares and hoping some other idiot will buy them for more is a bad strategy.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-03-28 00:01:04)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733
whats bad aboot rio tinto
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
Its a ponzi scheme, like many non-dividend stocks.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-03-28 01:17:19)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its a ponzi scheme, like many non-dividend stocks.
any pro ASX stock tips dilbert. i wanna make be top stock broker of unsw
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard