http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Mack_IV

Connie Mack = Cornelius Harvey McGillicuddy IV
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ty wrote:

WALL OF TEXT.
Cartoonists who can't draw can only use dialogue for humour.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Jay wrote:

Evolution is an attack on Creationism and since fools like you constantly try to misuse science in your pro-atheism arguments, we've reached the point where the religious distrust all science. Science is now equated with atheism.

As for the attacks on global warming, well, that's just part of the fake dichotomy that Reps and Dems use to try to differentiate themselves. Al Gore is a global warming activist? Then Reps must denounce global warming at every opportunity. This also has the added benefit of helping them land campaign money from oil and energy companies.
Wow that's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Evolution is an attack on creationism? Evolution stands on it's own as a theory without mention of any creator, religion or deity you care to name. It's only considered an attack by those who think science teaches against what their religion does, as if religious prosecution takes place by the very nature of teaching it. Why can't religion adapt, it has before. The Catholic Church used to teach the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolved around it ffs. But no, it's easier to claim evolution is an attack on religious freedoms so let's teach creationism in schools.

You're not seriously suggesting science shouldn't be used against the bible thumping creationists are you? Is it unfair to use fact and proofs?

Science is compatible with atheism because they don't believe in fairies. Should science change to be more compatible with creationism? Hahahaha

The Republicans are becoming nothing more than a party representative of anti-science, anti-choice, anti-equality and pro-war.

They'll have you believe contraception and gay marriage are the key concerns of Americans today and that evolution, global warming and the sciences are liberal conspiracies.

Enjoy fighting for fiscal conservatism next to that group. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And suddenly all the internet news sites are abuzz with how Romney can't win the conservative base.
Never mind the middle ground, mormons and evangelicals are the key to the Presidency.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

Evolution is an attack on Creationism and since fools like you constantly try to misuse science in your pro-atheism arguments, we've reached the point where the religious distrust all science. Science is now equated with atheism.

As for the attacks on global warming, well, that's just part of the fake dichotomy that Reps and Dems use to try to differentiate themselves. Al Gore is a global warming activist? Then Reps must denounce global warming at every opportunity. This also has the added benefit of helping them land campaign money from oil and energy companies.
Wow that's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Evolution is an attack on creationism? Evolution stands on it's own as a theory without mention of any creator, religion or deity you care to name. It's only considered an attack by those who think science teaches against what their religion does, as if religious prosecution takes place by the very nature of teaching it. Why can't religion adapt, it has before. The Catholic Church used to teach the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolved around it ffs. But no, it's easier to claim evolution is an attack on religious freedoms so let's teach creationism in schools.

You're not seriously suggesting science shouldn't be used against the bible thumping creationists are you? Is it unfair to use fact and proofs?

Science is compatible with atheism because they don't believe in fairies. Should science change to be more compatible with creationism? Hahahaha

The Republicans are becoming nothing more than a party representative of anti-science, anti-choice, anti-equality and pro-war.

They'll have you believe contraception and gay marriage are the key concerns of Americans today and that evolution, global warming and the sciences are liberal conspiracies.

Enjoy fighting for fiscal conservatism next to that group. lol
Yes, that is precisely what I am saying. A debate over whether god exists or not is a philosophical one. It has nothing to do with science. You're using the wrong tools.

As sad as they are, I'd still choose their stupidity over fiscal stupidity. Social injustice can be fixed with the flick of a pen. It takes a lot longer to fix an economy. But, the Republicans are no more fiscally conservative than the Dems are so I just won't vote.

Last edited by Jay (2012-03-14 05:17:44)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Jay wrote:

Yes, that is precisely what I am saying. A debate over whether god exists or not is a philosophical one. It has nothing to do with science. You're using the wrong tools.

As sad as they are, I'd still choose their stupidity over fiscal stupidity. Social injustice can be fixed with the flick of a pen. It takes a lot longer to fix an economy. But, the Republicans are no more fiscally conservative than the Dems are so I just won't vote.
A debate over whether God exists or not, with a Creationist? Of course you're going to use Evolution as an argument against God.

Their stupidity is regressing to social policies that had divided America for generations, fyi. The civil rights movement wasn't fixed with the flick of a pen.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Separation of church and state has been a 'social fix' thats supposedly been in place.
Hardly though, and its going rapidly backwards.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I don't agree with their social policies at all, I don't know why you're trying to put me in their corner. I would've voted for Ron Paul, but if my choices are Blue Asshole A and Red Asshole B on election day, I just won't vote.

That said, I reiterate that you and other militant atheists have helped create the current stupidity. You don't believe in god. Cool. Who cares? Once you started preaching science you turned it into the equivalent their bible, at least in their eyes. Break out some Nietzche to argue the existence of god, not science. If they want to believe that dinosaur bones were placed in the earth by their deity, so be it. Are they hurting anyone? No. Instead you argue argue argue because you're so sure that you are right... just like them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Jay wrote:

That said, I reiterate that you and other militant atheists have helped create the current stupidity. You don't believe in god. Cool. Who cares? Once you started preaching science you turned it into the equivalent their bible, at least in their eyes. Break out some Nietzche to argue the existence of god, not science. If they want to believe that dinosaur bones were placed in the earth by their deity, so be it. Are they hurting anyone? No. Instead you argue argue argue because you're so sure that you are right... just like them.
They are hurting people when they want to teach Creationism in schools as if it is a legitimate theory. "God did it" belongs nowhere in a classroom.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, it doesn't, but no state has passed a law that requires it to be taught.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't really care what fruity theories people believe or what book they read or whether they sit in a cold building or play golf on a Sunday.
I take the view that religious fundamentalists tend to be dangerous, whichever religion they're from.
"I must impose my values on/discriminate against/slaughter this group of people because a man in a dress says a book says I must" rarely ends well.

Creationism taught in schools, ending abortion rights or whatever, is the thin end of the dangerous wedge of injecting religion into government and eventually seizing power.

Don't think a Christian version of Iran couldn't happen.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It's about as likely as us colonizing Mars during our lifetimes. So much hatred blinds you to reality. We're in no danger of turning into a Theocracy. Even if we were it would collapse from all the infighting. Protestants hate the Catholics, everyone hates the Mormons etc. No one is going to submit to a Baptist Church Ayatollah

It sure makes for good talking points among those convinced of their own superiority though
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It couldn't?

Your two main parties are fighting to prove who is more eager to start an end-of-times nuclear war to protect the Branch Davidian-style nutball Evangelical outpost that is Israel.
I'd say you're pretty well there already. Just elect Santorum and you'll have Armageddon sooner than you think.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Odds of Santorum winning, even against our shitty incumbent? Next to zero.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't really care what fruity theories people believe or what book they read or whether they sit in a cold building or play golf on a Sunday.
I take the view that religious fundamentalists tend to be dangerous, whichever religion they're from.
"I must impose my values on/discriminate against/slaughter this group of people because a man in a dress says a book says I must" rarely ends well.

Creationism taught in schools, ending abortion rights or whatever, is the thin end of the dangerous wedge of injecting religion into government and eventually seizing power.

Don't think a Christian version of Iran couldn't happen.
thing is none of those are ever going to happen. Roe vs Wade has already been done, and the first amendment prevents schools from going full retard and teaching creationism. the most extreme thing a school can do is put a label on a biology textbook stating "evolution is a theory, not a fact blah blah blah.:

derpers gonna derp.

edit: also executive office cant dictate laws. you guys give the president more powers/credit than they actually have.

Last edited by Cybargs (2012-03-14 07:28:39)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Jay wrote:

I would've voted for Ron Paul.
Ron Paul the unshakable foe of abortion and gay rights? Blah. Of the four left he's the second more socially conservative of the bunch.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Trump sons are hunters.

Problem, peta?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

During the hunting trip, the Trump sons reportedly killed a number of exotic animals, including an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.
Because killing exotic animals is on the same levels as wanting to make deer jerky.

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-03-14 09:56:54)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Read on.

If you did, feel free to complain when they actually start breaking local laws/regs and wearing tiger stomachs as hats.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6326|Graz, Austria

Jay wrote:

I just won't vote.
https://i.imgur.com/867sK.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
At this point Paul has less than half the popular votes and less than one fifth the delegates as Gingrich. Does he still think he can win?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
He never had a shot at winning. His goal all along has simply been to amass enough delegates that he gets time to speak at the RNC and bore everyone to tears about the Fed and the gold standard.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Too much media bias against him. Romney and Santorum are laughably like the two identical candidates on Futurama, though.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Jay wrote:

He never had a shot at winning. His goal all along has simply been to amass enough delegates that he gets time to speak at the RNC and bore everyone to tears about the Fed and the gold standard.
you could say the same about gingrich and his moon base
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
nazis were there first
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard