lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

burnzz wrote:

yep, we have nothing left to criticize Palin about . . .
Wow, she fired a guy, that is about as earth shattering as when she had crib notes written on her hand that sent the left into a frenzy. Again, compared to a falsified resume, relationships with convicted felons, as well as a terrorist, a nobel prize for literally nothing, Declaring the private sector as the enemy ( kinda sorta goes against what our country is all about), is that the best ya got?

Last edited by lowing (2011-04-30 17:13:22)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
well, I have been on this forum for 5 years or better now, and I think it is time to move on.  The flaming, the karmas for flaming as well as the bragging about it is not suited to my tastes and it has become more prevalent and rewarded than actual points made arguing issues. This makes it far less enjoyable than it used to be. The forum has changed while I, of course, stay the same, it is no longer a good fit for me.  Just as well, there are changes in my life that demand far greater attention than what being addicted to this forum will allow.

Anyway, after 5 years, i felt the need to say goodbye to some of the veteran posters that made this forum a fun and unique place to visit and vent. I am sure I will spectator in and out, after all cold turkey is hard to do, but by deleting my account any desires to continue posting will vanish with the lack of any desire to start over.

Mods, please delete my account.
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6006|...
holy repost
inane little opines
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6721|Purplicious Wisconsin
I do miss bf2s '05-'06
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
Why are you guys continuing to argue him? He's doing whatever he can to make Palin seem like a conservative goddess with the credentials to become president of the NWO because she worked a couple years on a fishing boat, and he's doing whatever he can to make a Harvard graduate out to be a jobless bum. Why would anyone argue with that? Pointless.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

Poseidon wrote:

Why are you guys continuing to argue him? He's doing whatever he can to make Palin seem like a conservative goddess with the credentials to become president of the NWO because she worked a couple years on a fishing boat, and he's doing whatever he can to make a Harvard graduate out to be a jobless bum. Why would anyone argue with that? Pointless.
Never claimed either of those things....I said Obama has not earned the credentials he carries. He went from collage to the senate to the presidency, he claims the private sector is the enemy of a capitalist nation. He did not have the practical experience that elevated him to each position he has attained.  I said mr. "transparency" has issues with his resume, with his acquaintances, with his background and his tax evading appointees.  All of which is in bounds for public scrutiny.

Palin's dirt includes her wardrobe and her kids, oh and now she apparently fired someone.

I am not calling Palin a goddess. I am calling Palin more real and less controversial than Obama has been and will ever be.

Like I siad, I use Palin because it was the same time and same place for both of them.

Also, why are you so worried about who talks to me? If you don't want to discuss it, then leave the thread.

Last edited by lowing (2011-04-30 16:55:27)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6504

lowing wrote:

I said Obama has not earned the credentials he carries. He went from collage to
jesus wept, even the Euro's that speak english as a second language spell better than you, they don't lie like you do, and we're supposed to believe every word that drops from your keyboard like it's God's own sunshine? use a spell checker or change your location from "USA", please. you don't have a God given right to always be right because you vote 'right' and pretend to be the arbiter of all things American when you can't even spell right you stupid fuck
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum
(college)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5185|Sydney

Poseidon wrote:

As far as he's concerned anything he agrees with is faultless and cannot be wrong whatsoever.

And if he comes along and says contrary to this, we only have to look through the previous few pages as proof.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110501/ap_ … espondents
After a week when Obama released his long-form Hawaii birth certificate, he said Trump could now focus on the serious issues, from whether the moon landing actually happened to "where are Biggie and Tupac?"
I must admit. That was kind of funny.

He also said he was going to take it a step further and release video from his birth
https://i.imgur.com/LsVHh.jpg
.. and then rolled a clip of the lion king ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

The opening montage, lol.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Blue Herring
+13|4811

Kmar wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110501/ap_on_en_ot/us_obama_correspondents
After a week when Obama released his long-form Hawaii birth certificate, he said Trump could now focus on the serious issues, from whether the moon landing actually happened to "where are Biggie and Tupac?"
I must admit. That was kind of funny.

He also said he was going to take it a step further and release video from his birth
http://i.imgur.com/LsVHh.jpg
.. and then rolled a clip of the lion king ..lol
I knew he was a fucking lion.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

he claims the private sector is the enemy of a capitalist nation
Links please.
Palin's dirt includes her wardrobe and her kids, oh and now she apparently fired someone.
Go look up why.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-04-30 21:46:47)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

The problem with Obama is that he is nothing without a speech writer.

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

1. I said, Obama thinks the private sector is the enemy. Not good for the president of a capitalist country. I said, he has never earned anything he has gotten. how do you become a teacher of law, when you have never been a lawyer? H,e has not worked for anything that has been given to him INCLUDING a nobel prize. Palin's roots are more down to earth with the rest of our society as part of the working class, which Obama has never been. Also while we are at it, how is it working for the public sector is just as legit as working in the private sector, unless it is me, and then of course it is welfare? You all in the BF2S brain trust really need to come up with constant on this issue.

2. What jobs has Obama applied for? What was his background and practical experience that made him qualified for anything?

3. You can be in a leadership roll, without being a leader Ty, ever have a shitty boss? or heard of one? Being in a leadership roll without practical experience at being a leader, does not make you a leader. It merely means you have risen to the level of your incompetence.

4. yes......especially since getting one for nothing kinda dilutes the meaning of the prize.

5. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-tod … ure-racist

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/olbermann-as … as-racist/

so again, on what issue, please name JUST ONE, where a criticism of Obama was not countered with accusations of racism?
I like this numbering thing it makes things easier.

1) You know I was at law school for two years before I deemed it a massive waste of time. Out of all the law lectures I had only two had ever been practicing lawyers. Teaching is not lawyering and academia is certainly not lawyering. What they teach you at law school isn't how to be a lawyer they teach you the law, otherwise it'd be called 'lawyer school'. That's why law graduates who want to practice law have to pass a Bar exam and why when they enter a law firm, (if they decide to go that way,) they're made paralegals and glorified office bitches until they actually learn the profession.

Also Lowing, learn what the public sector is. The public sector isn't welfare. A police officer is not a welfare recipient. A public librarian is not a welfare recipient. A politician, district attorney, judge, public school teacher - these are not welfare recipients. If you work a job in the office of a politician as a secretary or assistant or as security, if you work in a Government department doing anything you are working in the public sector. I doubt the US has many SOEs but every position in an SOE from the janitor to the CEO and Chairman is a public sector position despite the work not differing at all from a similar enterprise in the private sector. Pretty unfair to say that this work is less legitimate.

2) Well I don't know. Certainly he's been headhunted a number of times but that's what happens. Many businesses and organisations shop for people at Universities and Colleges or in other organisations, they find the high achievers or otherwise suitable people and offer them positions. You'll say, (I'm sure,) there's no evidence of Obama being worthy of being offered the position but you have no evidence to the contrary. People don't look at someone mediocre and think "That guy's average, I want him in my organisation!" They look for the qualities they are after and if they find it in a person they will offer them a job. This is the way the world works and if Obama constantly proved himself as somone others wanted to employ then good for him. Being jealous that we have to apply and interview for jobs the regular way doesn't help anyone.

The way you're looking at things Obama's career could have been only achieved one way: Luck. No one is this lucky. Luck doesn't even exist, there is only opportunity and those who choose to take it.

3) See while before you were claiming that Obama had no leadership experience now your claiming that the leadership experience he got was worthless. How the Hell can you know that? Also answer me this: How does one get leadership experience without taking on a leadership role? Obama has had many leadership roles be they being President of the Harvard Law Review or the leader of some community organisations, it's certainly more of a leadership foundation than most people have. Interesting thing about it is that he kept getting offered new leadership roles. This doesn't suggest to me that people thought he was incompetent because people don't want incompetent leadership for their organisations.

4) I think it would have been better for Obama to decline the prize. It's not unheard of, it's happened twice before. Once was because the recipient, (prize for literature,) was a purist wanker but it was also declined by a Vietnamese diplomat who didn't feel he had earned it, (prize for peace.) Still, declining a Nobel Prize is a pretty uncommon thing and it's not surprising that he didn't. Anyway we pretty much agree on this point so lets move on.

5) Like I said, I was sure this kind of talk existed. It's a shame but let me say it: Cafferty and Olberman are idiots. These guys harping on about how not voting for Obama or criticising him counts as racist - idiots. They exist on both sides of politics. But come on, this kind of talk is recognised for what it is: Idiocy. It's just like the people who run around saying Obama's a Muslim sleeper agent. But here's the thing: these types of people, thankfully, are a minority. They can be a loud minority but they're a minority nonetheless.

You ask for one issue where the race card hasn't been played - Hell I don't know. There are probably people out there who do sincerily believe that opposing Obama in any way is racist. So what? There were people out there who thought any opposition to President Bush was "Bush-Bashing". Same deal. Does it change anything? Not one bit.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

1. I said, Obama thinks the private sector is the enemy. Not good for the president of a capitalist country. I said, he has never earned anything he has gotten. how do you become a teacher of law, when you have never been a lawyer? H,e has not worked for anything that has been given to him INCLUDING a nobel prize. Palin's roots are more down to earth with the rest of our society as part of the working class, which Obama has never been. Also while we are at it, how is it working for the public sector is just as legit as working in the private sector, unless it is me, and then of course it is welfare? You all in the BF2S brain trust really need to come up with constant on this issue.

2. What jobs has Obama applied for? What was his background and practical experience that made him qualified for anything?

3. You can be in a leadership roll, without being a leader Ty, ever have a shitty boss? or heard of one? Being in a leadership roll without practical experience at being a leader, does not make you a leader. It merely means you have risen to the level of your incompetence.

4. yes......especially since getting one for nothing kinda dilutes the meaning of the prize.

so again, on what issue, please name JUST ONE, where a criticism of Obama was not countered with accusations of racism?

1) You know I was at law school for two years before I deemed it a massive waste of time. Out of all the law lectures I had only two had ever been practicing lawyers. Teaching is not lawyering and academia is certainly not lawyering. What they teach you at law school isn't how to be a lawyer they teach you the law, otherwise it'd be called 'lawyer school'. That's why law graduates who want to practice law have to pass a Bar exam and why when they enter a law firm, (if they decide to go that way,) they're made paralegals and glorified office bitches until they actually learn the profession.

Also Lowing, learn what the public sector is. The public sector isn't welfare. A police officer is not a welfare recipient. A public librarian is not a welfare recipient. A politician, district attorney, judge, public school teacher - these are not welfare recipients. If you work a job in the office of a politician as a secretary or assistant or as security, if you work in a Government department doing anything you are working in the public sector. I doubt the US has many SOEs but every position in an SOE from the janitor to the CEO and Chairman is a public sector position despite the work not differing at all from a similar enterprise in the private sector. Pretty unfair to say that this work is less legitimate.

2) Well I don't know. Certainly he's been headhunted a number of times but that's what happens. Many businesses and organisations shop for people at Universities and Colleges or in other organisations, they find the high achievers or otherwise suitable people and offer them positions. You'll say, (I'm sure,) there's no evidence of Obama being worthy of being offered the position but you have no evidence to the contrary. People don't look at someone mediocre and think "That guy's average, I want him in my organisation!" They look for the qualities they are after and if they find it in a person they will offer them a job. This is the way the world works and if Obama constantly proved himself as somone others wanted to employ then good for him. Being jealous that we have to apply and interview for jobs the regular way doesn't help anyone.

The way you're looking at things Obama's career could have been only achieved one way: Luck. No one is this lucky. Luck doesn't even exist, there is only opportunity and those who choose to take it.

3) See while before you were claiming that Obama had no leadership experience now your claiming that the leadership experience he got was worthless. How the Hell can you know that? Also answer me this: How does one get leadership experience without taking on a leadership role? Obama has had many leadership roles be they being President of the Harvard Law Review or the leader of some community organisations, it's certainly more of a leadership foundation than most people have. Interesting thing about it is that he kept getting offered new leadership roles. This doesn't suggest to me that people thought he was incompetent because people don't want incompetent leadership for their organisations.

4) I think it would have been better for Obama to decline the prize. It's not unheard of, it's happened twice before. Once was because the recipient, (prize for literature,) was a purist wanker but it was also declined by a Vietnamese diplomat who didn't feel he had earned it, (prize for peace.) Still, declining a Nobel Prize is a pretty uncommon thing and it's not surprising that he didn't. Anyway we pretty much agree on this point so lets move on.

5) Like I said, I was sure this kind of talk existed. It's a shame but let me say it: Cafferty and Olberman are idiots. These guys harping on about how not voting for Obama or criticising him counts as racist - idiots. They exist on both sides of politics. But come on, this kind of talk is recognised for what it is: Idiocy. It's just like the people who run around saying Obama's a Muslim sleeper agent. But here's the thing: these types of people, thankfully, are a minority. They can be a loud minority but they're a minority nonetheless.

You ask for one issue where the race card hasn't been played - Hell I don't know. There are probably people out there who do sincerily believe that opposing Obama in any way is racist. So what? There were people out there who thought any opposition to President Bush was "Bush-Bashing". Same deal. Does it change anything? Not one bit.
1. Ok fair enough, so to be clear, Obama went to law school and was never a lawyer, he was the president of the Harvard law review but was never a lawyer. So is it fair to say it is like being a flight instructor but never flew a plane? Or a medical professor but never really practiced medicine? Yet just going to law school was enough to propel him to the senate? Got it. What a guy. I know what the public sector is Ty, and if you have read this forum the BF2S brain trust considers it welfare, I don't. The point has always been however, that Obama does not believe in the foundations that our country is  based on. He thinks the private sector is the enemy. He has no business leading it with that opinion.

2. Yeah, Ty, know one else knows either. Kinda the point I was making. Businesses head hunt for promising young apprentices in universities and colleges, not to instantly take over their business. Plenty of sources that make it quite conspicuous that Obama does not have the endorsement of people he has worked around or with.

3. Well if you think it is perfectly natural to jump from college to the senate to the presidency with nothing in between well we will just have to agree to disagree.

4. It is more than him just accepting the prize. It is him being offered it in the first place. It follows the pattern of everything I have been arguing about. He has done nothing to earn it yet he has it. So went his entire path to the white house.

5. It is more than just those two guys Ty. It is the common theme with those who love Obama. The tea party is considered racist, why? Because they are against Obama.

Now, as is kept being pointed out the man graduated magna cum laude, yet no one is allowed to view his college transcripts? Why not, what is the big deal, for a man of such "transparency". If he is proud of his accomplishments in college, why not display it along side his other notable accomplishments like a nobel prize for hope?

Last edited by lowing (2011-05-01 00:57:10)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

I said Obama has not earned the credentials he carries. He went from collage to
jesus wept, even the Euro's that speak english as a second language spell better than you, they don't lie like you do, and we're supposed to believe every word that drops from your keyboard like it's God's own sunshine? use a spell checker or change your location from "USA", please. you don't have a God given right to always be right because you vote 'right' and pretend to be the arbiter of all things American when you can't even spell right you stupid fuck
Hey, I appreciate the spelling correction burnzz. Good catch!! +1 for the keen eye.

I gotta ask again though, what is it with you calling me a liar all the time? What have I lied about? I mean if the people of this thread insist that we make this discussion about me, and not Obama, lets start there.

I do appreciate that you think my posts are powerful enough to be written by the hand of God, but the truth is, they aren't. It is just my opinions and you and everyone else are free to take them for what they are worth. Kinda like how I take yours.

By the way, Jesus is supposed to be capitalized. I only mention it because I know how important stuff like that is to you in this forum. For most everyone else, I would just read past the typo or the mis spelled word and get to the context of their post. I guess I just don't have the "passion" you do in this forum to care about an individuals typo's over their message. Glad you are on board as the grammar and spelling watchdog. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by lowing (2011-05-01 00:17:27)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

3. Well if you think it is perfectly natural to jump from college to the senate to the presidency with nothing in between well we will just have to agree to disagree.
Do you think its perfectly natural to never have a job other than those handed to you by your daddy?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6658|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Do you think its perfectly natural to never have a job other than those handed to you by your daddy?
lol yeah it is...for most who have the means, that is how it would work.. A company started by by an individual will usually groom their son or daughter to take over.

was that really the only thing you wanted to discuss out of that post?

Last edited by lowing (2011-05-01 01:07:50)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

lol yeah it is...for most who have the means, that is how it would work.. A company started by by an individual will usually groom their son or daughter to take over.

was that really the only thing you wanted to discuss out of that post?
Do you think someone like that should have been President?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

1. Ok fair enough, so to be clear, Obama went to law school and was never a lawyer, he was the president of the Harvard law review but was never a lawyer. So is it fair to say it is like being a flight instructor but never flew a plane? Or a medical professor but never really practiced medicine? Yet just going to law school was enough to propel him to the senate? Got it. What a guy. I know what the public sector is Ty, and if you have read this forum the BF2S brain trust considers it welfare, I don't. The point has always been however, that Obama does not believe in the foundations that our country is  based on. He thinks the private sector is the enemy. He has no business leading it with that opinion.

2. Yeah, Ty, know one else knows either. Kinda the point I was making. Businesses head hunt for promising young apprentices in universities and colleges, not to instantly take over their business. Plenty of sources that make it quite conspicuous that Obama does not have the endorsement of people he has worked around or with.

4. It is more than him just accepting the prize. It is him being offered it in the first place. It follows the pattern of everything I have been arguing about. He has done nothing to earn it yet he has it. So went his entire path to the white house.

5. It is more than just those two guys Ty. It is the common theme with those who love Obama. The tea party is considered racist, why? Because they are against Obama.
1) How many times do I need to re-word this? Law is not the same as the profession of being a lawyer. To teach law you need to know law not lawyering. Please read that again three more times so I won't have to repeat myself again. Hell, Obama taught constitutional law, they mostly use political scientists to teach that - and it should be noted that Obama is a political science graduate. There is nothing odd about him teaching law. Your examples are utterly without merit in this case.

Also this warrents being pointed out again, Obama had a brief stint working as an attorney in a small law firm. Granted this was after he was a teacher but like I said that's irellevent. To put it briefly and without much detail, after Law School Obama took a fellowship, he worked in community organisations, he taught law for a number of years, he had a three year stint in a law firm while working on a number of community intiatives and then he moved onto the state senate. It's not like he finished school and was elected to the US Senate. This is all information that is readily avaliable.

The "public sector is the enemy thing" I haven't addressed yet but let's be clear here - he did say something along these lines, I don't deny that. Now maybe you could admit that this "quote" is completely and utterly taken out of context and blown way out of proportion - mostly fueled by this fear of communism that should have died out more than a decade ago. I don't want to get too in depth with this one because we'll end up arguing about socialism and capitalism and whether their compatible or yadda yadda yadda so back to the comment itself: Obama refered to his time working in the private sector as "working behind enemy lines". Wow. That's all? Somehow this translates for some people as "Obama thinks the private sector is the enemy and will do everything in his power to destroy it!" He's a left wing politician for Christ's sake, his focus is the public sector. Maybe referring to it as the 'enemy' was a bit much but it's not like he declared war on it here. It was a pretty flippant comment and one he made before his political career even began.

2) You're blowing his accomplishments, (which is to say his speedy career ascension,) way out of proportion, he was never asked to be the leader of an organisation straight away, he led groups - his first after graduating as a political science student was a position as the director of a church-run initiative. This is a pretty standard stuff. When at Harvard he got the role as President of the Harvard Law Review which is a glorified college magazine which is run by students, (i.e. not lawyers.) Again, this is standard stuff. From there he directed initiatives and was a member of a board of directors on some school reform project while remaining of counsel to his old law firm. This is not unusual career progression here.

3) As above. You're over-simplifying things by a massive degree.

4) He had no say in whether he was offered the prize. You can give it an example of his otherworldly lucky streak but it's pretty much the only bit of evidence you've got in that argument. Like I've said, Obama's career isn't surprising or particularly unusual. The fact that he's President, sure, but take out that and you've got the career of a pretty standard politician.

5) And I could say the common theme of everyone who loved Bush was being 100% dismissive of his many fuck-ups. So what? What does it mean other than he's got a few silly die-hard fans. As to the Tea Party, I didn't see anything that suggested the central argument against them was that they were a racist group. I saw much more focus on whats'ername's so-called "witchcraft" thing which was equally as pointless. Again: What the fuck difference does it make? You're always going to get people who put poorly-thought-out passion ahead of logic and reason.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5244|Cleveland, Ohio
lol why do foreigners feel the need to defend obama so much?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
why does it matter?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5244|Cleveland, Ohio
same could be said for what they are arguing about.  so.........

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard