Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
And I'm happily on the fence when it comes to religion, agnosticism hooray.
inane little opines
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5548|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Shocking wrote:

Schizophrenics are an example of your mind being immensely powerful and capable of playing tricks on you. Emotionally but in severe cases even hallucinations. It's all in their heads.

Not saying all religious people are schizophrenic, just getting the point across.

Until a religious person can explain to me why his religion is the right one they're all full of shit.
a lot of people belive that christians, muslims, and jews and believe in the same god.  we just have different beliefs in who the messiah is.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5301|Cleveland, Ohio
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51907/CoolStoryPawnStar.jpg
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
Just comparing the customs of jews, christians and muslims, and their religious texts + interpretations thereof, oh no you don't.

Then what about Hinduism and all the billions of extinct religions? It's not like the big three are the only ones, just those with the most backing.
inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
Maybe I should revive the greek pantheon, Zeus is much more civilised than those barbarians Yahweh and Allah.
inane little opines
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6722|BC, Canada

HaiBai wrote:

Nic wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

lol, i can definately see both sides.  how do you think someone increases their faith?  by questioning it.

atheists have no idea what i'm talking about because the idea seems preposterous to them.  like i said in the earlier page, it's like trying to kiss a unicorn
So what questions have you asked about your faith that have increased it?
google them.

i dont feel like posting a life story.  it's not as if it's some simple little question i can explain or say in a sentence.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+questions+has … ease+it%3F
no love for me
HaiBai

Shocking wrote:

Just comparing the customs of jews, christians and muslims, and their religious texts + interpretations thereof, oh no you don't.

Then what about Hinduism and all the billions of extinct religions? It's not like the big three are the only ones, just those with the most backing.
i have no answer.  ask a priest or something
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...

HaiBai wrote:

They don't have an answer either because in truth, they don't know anything.

Why aren't you a muslim
inane little opines
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6722|BC, Canada

Shocking wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Why aren't you a muslim
I was gonna point out the same.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
Funnily enough all those three religions do have the same founding father.

Oh how righteous and pious Abraham was to try and sacrifice his own son because the voices told him.
inane little opines
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6722|BC, Canada
any good dad would shocking.
HaiBai

Shocking wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Why aren't you a muslim
they know more then me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5852|Catherine Black

HaiBai wrote:

http://www.schoolofabraham.com/tastedsalt.htm
Salt tastes salty

yes that's an adjective
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
Obviously.

Honestly HaiBai if you can't answer to yourself why you believe what you believe in you may just understand that religion is simply a house of cards. And don't bother telling me that you "feel" it's the right religion because there's thousands of people with the same feeling believing in different shit.

And many of those are monotheistic faiths who declare themselves to be the one and only. Quite a paradox.

HaiBai wrote:

they know more then me
A step brother of mine is a preacher. They know just as much as you because none of them can answer that question. Not even the pope.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-04-24 13:48:47)

inane little opines
HaiBai

Shocking wrote:

Obviously.

Honestly HaiBai if you can't answer to yourself why you believe what you believe in you may just understand that religion is simply a house of cards. And don't bother telling me that you "feel" it's the right religion because there's thousands of people with the same feeling believing in different shit.

And many of those are monotheistic faiths who declare themselves to be the one and only. Quite a paradox.
i know why i believe in it.

why dont i believe in another religion?  no idea
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
No, you don't know why you believe in it if you cannot explain why you do not believe in the other religions.
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5765|College Park, MD
Tbh I don't care what someone believes in. There are a fair amount of christians on my campus who try to get people to 'understand god' or whatever, and I respectfully tell them that I do not follow a faith and wish them a nice day. I just posted that cos I knew it'd get a rise out of someone.

tl;dr you believe what you want, I'll believe what I want, and we won't have any problems as long as we don't shove our ideas down each other's throats
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6722|BC, Canada

HaiBai wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Obviously.

i know why i believe in it.

why dont i believe in another religion?  no idea
Because you were told to?
and
Because you were told not to?
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6315|England
OK so why do you feel the need to believe in god. What is lacking from your life? Are your parents religious? Or is it you don't like making decisions without the need to ask your god to help you? I am curious to know how your mind works as a believer.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Tbh I don't care what someone believes in. There are a fair amount of christians on my campus who try to get people to 'understand god' or whatever, and I respectfully tell them that I do not follow a faith and wish them a nice day. I just posted that cos I knew it'd get a rise out of someone.

tl;dr you believe what you want, I'll believe what I want, and we won't have any problems as long as we don't shove our ideas down each other's throats
The only time I get confronted with faith discussions irl is if the preacher guy is around. I tend to avoid them as well, because you can't convince someone who has been believing their shit for decades no matter how hard you try, it's a pointless endeavour that ends up with people getting either annoyed or angry.
inane little opines
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
When I find out someone's religious in 2011 I just think to myself "..Really? Still?"

That being said I don't honestly care. I just think to myself they're a complete idiot for believing such things. Only when they try to force their religion on me or want a heated debate will I actually voice my opinions on the matter.

For example, my step-mum's started going back to Church after John died (rip), but it's not like I wake up each Sunday when they come home and call her an idiot. And she doesn't come into my room at 8am, force me to get up and accompany her, because we're both well-balanced people. Believe what you want, just don't try force it on people.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5301|Cleveland, Ohio

Monkey Spanker wrote:

OK so why do you feel the need to believe in god. What is lacking from your life? Are your parents religious? Or is it you don't like making decisions without the need to ask your god to help you? I am curious to know how your mind works as a believer.
100 bucks says his parents brainwashed him
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6722|BC, Canada
thats a bad bet to take
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

11 Bravo wrote:

Monkey Spanker wrote:

100 bucks says his parents brainwashed him
That's something I don't agree with.. parents baptising their children then dragging them to church every sunday, basically forcing them to believe, which is what I suspect has happened to Haibai.. Sorta falls under forcing their beliefs on other people. Let the kid grow up, educate him about both sides, let him make his own decision.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6063|...
It's about the whole community thing which provides comfort I guess. That and many people are not willing to accept that things just happen.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard