11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5298|Cleveland, Ohio
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51907/catmelon.jpg
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5545|Bolingbrook, Illinois
not really.

it's an argument for why i can't prove the existence of god in an argument.

it's not supposed to be an argument for the existence of god.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6833|PNW

Sturgeon wrote:

Why should we disprove your ludicrous claim wrong?

Surely the onus is on you to prove god is real...
If you could prove that God is real it wouldn't be much of a religion.

There's two sides of the coin. The faithful can't prove that he exists, and disbelievers cannot prove that he or something like him cannot.
11 Bravo
Banned
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51907/memes-so-close.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

stupid statement

people worship the sun and thats real
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6833|PNW

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

stupid statement

People thought the sun was something it wasn't, therefore they weren't worshiping something that was 'real.' Agnosticism is the happy medium.

Still, Easter is about painted eggs, baskets full of junk food and cheap toys.
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

stupid statement

People thought the sun was something it wasn't, therefore they weren't worshiping something that was 'real.'
people still worship the sun
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6548|Latvia

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

stupid statement

People thought the sun was something it wasn't, therefore they weren't worshiping something that was 'real.'
people still worship the sun
I do, I sacrifice many beers on hot summer days.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6217|Vancouver | Canada
Dragons exist. Prove me wrong.

Huge man eating vegetables exist. Prove me wrong.

etc.

The whole "prove me wrong" argument has to be the dumbest/weakest ever.

tl;dr: Easter is dumb and taking away time to work on my demoreel by closing the university for the weekend.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6833|PNW

People worship the metaphysical aspects of the sun, the earth and other things with physical representation. The only difference between that and worshiping something you can't see, but think you feel, is just a greater leap of faith.
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

People worship the metaphysical aspects of the sun, the earth and other things with physical representation. The only difference between that and worshiping something you can't see, but think you feel, is just a greater leap of faith.
people can see the sun
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6833|PNW

Read again.
11 Bravo
Banned
you
HaiBai

DefCon-17 wrote:

Dragons exist. Prove me wrong.

Huge man eating vegetables exist. Prove me wrong.

etc.

The whole "prove me wrong" argument has to be the dumbest/weakest ever.

tl;dr: Easter is dumb and taking away time to work on my demoreel by closing the university for the weekend.
did you even read the thread?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6060|...

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

i can't see dust mites.  dust mites do not exist
you can see them...not just with the naked eye.  by see i mean able to be seen.  we have pictures of dust mites yet none of god.
you can see god spiritually.  it's not like he'll ring your doorbell and show you that new car that you've been wanting.  you have to make an effort towards it.

you won't see him if you don't make an effort or don't care
schizophrenics can see people too
inane little opines
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6720|BC, Canada
Chocolate is meh, I'll have a beer instead.
HaiBai

Shocking wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

you can see them...not just with the naked eye.  by see i mean able to be seen.  we have pictures of dust mites yet none of god.
you can see god spiritually.  it's not like he'll ring your doorbell and show you that new car that you've been wanting.  you have to make an effort towards it.

you won't see him if you don't make an effort or don't care
schizophrenics can see people too
86% of the world's population is schizophrenic?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6833|PNW

I wouldn't be surprised.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6313|England
Si Hai if I asked you to believe in a giant blue teapot in space that can do miraculous things like turn water into beer & other cool stuff. But unfortunately you can't see the blue teapot at all even with the most powerful telescopes, would you still believe in the teapot or would you just tell me don't be silly.

All you have to do is replace teapot for god & you can see the how atheists feel, you have to see both sides but as a believer you can't that is why it is called blind faith.

Also where the hell did this 86% come from?

Last edited by Monkey Spanker (2011-04-24 13:16:08)

Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
HaiBai

Monkey Spanker wrote:

Si Hai if I asked you to believe in a giant blue teapot in space that can do miraculous things like turn water into beer & other cool stuff. But unfortunately you can't see the blue teapot at all even with the most powerful telescopes, would you still believe in the teapot or would you just tell me don't be silly.

All you have to do is replace teapot for god & you can see the how atheists feel, you have to see both sides but as a believer you can't that is why it is called blind faith.
lol, i can definately see both sides.  how do you think someone increases their faith?  by questioning it.

atheists have no idea what i'm talking about because the idea seems preposterous to them.  like i said in the earlier page, it's like trying to kiss a unicorn
HaiBai
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp … 10af8abda5

i looked at a few links and they were all pretty consistent in the 86% statistic.

there aren't that many atheists
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6720|BC, Canada

HaiBai wrote:

Monkey Spanker wrote:

lol, i can definately see both sides.  how do you think someone increases their faith?  by questioning it.

atheists have no idea what i'm talking about because the idea seems preposterous to them.  like i said in the earlier page, it's like trying to kiss a unicorn
So what questions have you asked about your faith that have increased it?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6060|...
Schizophrenics are an example of your mind being immensely powerful and capable of playing tricks on you. Emotionally but in severe cases even hallucinations. It's all in their heads.

Not saying all religious people are schizophrenic, just getting the point across.

Until a religious person can explain to me why his religion is the right one they're all full of shit.
inane little opines
HaiBai

Nic wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Monkey Spanker wrote:

So what questions have you asked about your faith that have increased it?
google them.

i dont feel like posting a life story.  it's not as if it's some simple little question i can explain or say in a sentence.
11 Bravo
Banned
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard