The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6730|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Spamtheban wrote:

Happy easter everyone

Hope you all are having a wonderful day
Thanks mate.

Same to you, hope you all had a good one.

Hope this reply dosent get lost in all the paragraphs, I havent read any of the long stuff as the authors bore the tits off me but it looks like it got serious.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5293|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

jesus never existed
11 Bravo
Banned

burnzz wrote:

it's what this forum has devolved to, pick a side or be picked on.
you mean the way you rip on warman and shifty?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6554

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

it's what this forum has devolved to, pick a side or be picked on.
you mean the way you rip on warman and shifty?
you are, of course, the exception. you shit in every thread.
11 Bravo
Banned
and youre a beacon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6162|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

and youre a beacon
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6055|...

VYWang wrote:

How is that (The church persecuting scientific research) different then the way that most (not all) atheists persecute religious people for having faith in something that can't they (the atheists) can't feel or see?
The aggressive atheist & his religious cousin are two sides of the same coin. I wasn't arguing about that.

VYWang wrote:

Faith does not necessarily mean make belief. In the medieval times people had faith that rain would fall and their seeds would grow so they could feed their families. If you didn't have faith in that, you wouldn't plant any seeds and you would starve. Our civilizations are based on faith.

Just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I can't argue for them, even if I'm not as effective as a priest or whatnot.
I was talking about faith in regards to a deity.
inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5642

Re: the whole religious debate and the "atheist are mean to us ;;" and ''and atheist should be nice to religious people too " stuff.

That's utter complete crap. In my country, the U.S., the religious make laws all the time either attempting to or restricting peoples lives and freedom. Blue laws, laws that restrict what you may do on Sundays like drinking at a bar or buying liquor, exist all over the country. In one place in NJ business aren't allowed to open on Sundays for instance. Why? Because Christians think Sunday is the day of rest and businesses shouldn't be open because people should be at church and god help you if you want to change that law.

I could spend all day bringing up more examples of how the religious and the laws they pass here enable or cause a lot of suffering or restrict general human happiness but I rather not have to explain how consenting adults sexual lives should be left alone or how nice it would be for people to not have to suffer horrible diseases.

The point is: the religious can complain about atheist the day atheist start passing laws restricting their happiness and controlling the political system. Until that happens every time someone on the internet tells you to fuck off and die with the religious crap you'll have no one to blame but yourselves and the other religious people.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5315|foggy bottom
obviously you dont know about the war on xmas
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6594|Long Island, New York

11 Bravo wrote:

and youre a beacon
mmm beacon
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4898|Stoke
i had bacon today
eleven bravo
+1,399|5315|foggy bottom
dont look at the live page
Tu Stultus Es
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6634|Columbus, OH
Bacon <3
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6828|PNW

Thread needs more agnosticism.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5315|foggy bottom
agnostics are people who say they dont believe in god until they are about to die
Tu Stultus Es
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6866|Marathon, Florida Keys
If theres no god then how in the name of zeus's butthole did life form from rocks and gas and lava and every other inanimate object the earth was made of? Don't give me the chemicals combined into amino acids nonsense thats a load of shit.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Sturgeon
+488|4997|Flintshire
Yeah it's not as if everything in the universe is made of electrons and protons....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6828|PNW

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

If theres no god then how in the name of zeus's butthole did life form from rocks and gas and lava and every other inanimate object the earth was made of? Don't give me the chemicals combined into amino acids nonsense thats a load of shit.
What about the moon? Explain that.
jord
+2,382|6734|The North, beyond the wall.

Don't troll. srs thread
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6502|Amsterdam‫

stars did it
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
VYWang
+4|5358

Uzique wrote:

VYWang wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

The theory is not incomplete.

Take a look at the breeds of dogs and tell me they didn't evolve from wolves. Go on.

The bulldog was especially bred to look the way it does. That's evolution through selective breeding. Same has happened through cows, wheat, cats every other domestic animal and every other foodstock man has cultivated. We have used the process of evolution to change flora and fauna to suite as better.

We don't need faith in the results. We don't need faith in the theory of evolution. We have evidence it works. We have millions of years of evolutionary science to back this up. There is no faith required in anything at all to do with evolution because the evidence is so overwhelming.

You need faith in God, the Church and religion, because there is no evidence. If there was, you wouldn't need faith.
No you're missing my point. What would happen in science if no one had faith in the results? It wouldn't be believed. Now, say that the evidence was OVERWHELMING, but still no one had faith in it. It still wouldn't be believed. This actually happened when a person invented bikes that shifted gears. Most, if not all, professional bikers refused to believe that it was better dispite the fact that the owner beat many, many of these professional bikers. They just didn't have faith in the results. Or the case with weight lifter's shoes. For the longest time they had a peice of wood in the sole for support, in 2008 (I believe) Nike had invented a better pair, one that was scientifically proven through tests, to provide better support, cushioning, etc. Yet weight lifters still switched back to the wooden shoes after trying out the scientifically superior one. They just didn't have faith in the results.
you don't have 'belief' in the results in science... you have factual, logical proof.

you're misusing the word 'belief' in a vague and semantic way... that's not an argument at all

you need to look up the word 'empiricism' and the date 1750 and get with the fucking program, kid
What about the Enlightenment exactly? I've heard a lot about you. Oxford English major huh? Good choice. You're gonna be rich one day.
11 Bravo
Banned
god is a fag
eleven bravo
+1,399|5315|foggy bottom
God
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
Gay
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6709

Fucking magnets
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard