Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Almost 30 and no tattoo. Also, no regrets.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah I've been thinking about getting one for years. Only thing is I've never seriously looked into a design, though I do know what I don't want (generic stuff like skulls, women, celtic bands).
Almost 30 and no tattoo. Also, no regrets.
Same, same and same. I still want one.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

Ty wrote:

You've been told the basics, live with the image, get it done in a non-perminent way, all that good stuff. My advice would be to research your tattoo artists.

Tattoo artists are both artists and designers so in a nutshell they are dicks. Whatever you want done will be their artwork and a lot of them will take it quite personally, i.e.: they will want to do what they want to do. You don't want this, it's a perminent mark on your body so it should be 100% what you want. A friend, (a friend who I'm designing a tattoo for at the moment actually,) told me a story about a friend of hers. She wanted a tattoo of a dragon on her shoulder blade. The tattooist wasn't happy that she wanted it a fairly modest size and managed to convince her to get it pretty much over her upper back. After spending months deliberating and researching what she wanted she was left with a huge expensive tattoo that she didn't want or like because of a pushy tattooist. Make sure your tattooist is going to do what you want them to. It may sound like an obvious piece of advice but not so.

I wouldn't mind a tattoo. I have no idea what I would have and where I would get it. One drunken night I was very close to having my silhouette guy, (see my avatar,) as a tattoo. Glad I didn't.
I know someone in her 40's and she got a Geisha tattooed onto her right forearm, in blue. It looks amazing, incredible artwork. I'm probably going to ask who her tattooist once I decide once and for all what I want and where I want it.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I had a look around and as soon as I saw this I really liked it - https://www.tattoojohnny.com/download/N2F-00162

Going to look at it every day for a couple weeks and see how I feel about it. If I still love it, I'll buy it, print it and get a temp tattoo.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

hmm.  Yeah, let that one baste for a bit.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I'm certainly not set in stone on it, but it did have an immediate appeal. I looked through a bunch of others and none of them leaped out at me like that one.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

ghettoperson wrote:

Wait is that actually you?
10 years ago
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

I'm certainly not set in stone on it, but it did have an immediate appeal. I looked through a bunch of others and none of them leaped out at me like that one.
If you really want a tattoo, don't look through a tattoo book or go on a tattoo site. Design it yourself. That is the only advice I will give you regarding tattoos.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5035|Massachusetts, USA

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

If you really want a tattoo, don't look through a tattoo book or go on a tattoo site. Design it yourself. That is the only advice I will give you regarding tattoos.
Or get one of your favorite band, that usually works.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://steveandmccall.com/steve/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/johnny-cash-finger.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5035|Massachusetts, USA
That would be one painful tattoo to have done man.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

Jaekus wrote:

Well, that is a good sign.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

Jaekus wrote:

WHere do you want to put it btw?

Because depending on the location the outcome differs greatly, as in whether it looks good and accentuates your body form or totally displaced.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I'm not sure yet. I would like a tattoo on my forearm, but not that one. Maybe on my shoulder.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

center lower back...do it.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

tuckergustav wrote:

we call that a tramp stamp. what do they call it in Michigan?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

burnzz wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

That is what it is called here too.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

tucker has two of them!
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

oh. i would've thought something like 'classified ad' or something . . .
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

Jay wrote:

burnzz wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

tucker has two of them!
My name is Kelly.

lol

You were right burnzz...you'll always remember...lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

burnzz wrote:

tucker has two of them!
My name is Kelly.

lol

You were right burnzz...you'll always remember...lol
Then get a name change. All the cool kids are doing it.
-Frederick Bastiat
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

jay
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

can we ban Jay now?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

can we ban Jay now?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

UnkleRukus wrote:

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Or get one of your favorite band, that usually works.
As much as I love Tool, I wouldn't get a tattoo of any band or person.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard