Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock
Does anyone play indoor cricket? Or even heard of it? Great fun to have with your mates after work.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

yeah

get's your heart going pretty fast as batsman.

I assume you play hit n run etc
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Adams_BJ

tazz. wrote:

yeah

get's your heart going pretty fast as batsman.

I assume you play hit n run etc
Hit and run isn't part of the rules I don't think, but you'd do pretty poorly if you didn't.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6144|'straya
Yeah I play for one of the ADFA indoor cricket teams. It's pretty good fun. An excuse to go have some laughs and some beers on a week night.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS
Think I might. Tip and run was my go when I played proper.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6669|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Yeah I have done in years gone by but as a club we dont anymore.

Its our cricket clubs 160th anniversary dinner this Saturday - yes, thats even older than me
Adams_BJ

Spark wrote:

Think I might. Tip and run was my go when I played proper.
Get into it, I played last night and we lost 7 to 142
You had 7 and they had 142, or, you made 135?
Adams_BJ
we had seven they had 142.

They took it seriously and half our team was either too slow or kept hitting the ball up into their hands. Oh well we concluded they were on steroids. I got 2 wickets and no outs
Mate, If you cover the expenses Im available for you.  I will rip through them like a dodgy prawn madrass.  As a bonus I'll have £1 per run, £5 per wicket, £10 per catch with a £50 win bonus.

Thats a bit of a hiding mate, I imagine you were playing shots with ya elbow in front of your nose.  Indoors and pacey, if thats the case just use the angle of the bat and the pace of the ball, deflect the ball down to where 3rd man would be
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS
I was a real nutcase when it came to the short stuff. I'd first duck them normally, then for some reason get clueless and completely lose it, then get sledged, then turn into Viv Richards incarnate for a while after getting annoyed. Worked better than I imagined.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Im ok if its outside off, if its at my body and pacey I cant get it away, shit off my legs, but hit it like a hockey ball.  Straight as fuck or cow corner.  The only time Ive faced a bouncer somehow I textbooked to deep square and the prick caught me jumping 3 feet upwards on the boundary.  I dont wear a lid, but we play on flat pitches at 4th team level
Spark
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS
Well I followed the philosophy that at my level, the harder I swung, the less likely I was to be caught. Worked out pretty well, even if a lot of my runs off bouncers were from top-edges over the keeper's head. Hey, doesn't matter how you get them.

Over cover was my strength though. Haven't played for a while though, was a deadset numpty in the field.

Last edited by Spark (2011-04-06 02:12:06)

~ Richard Feynman
I'm a bowler who swings his tits off when batting.  I might go for a few runs, get a duck but I can always rely on my fielding, took one catch last year which my mates are still on about now.  I will never forget it, and luckily had loads of people watching at the time.

Ya dead right about how you get the runs, the score book just says the figure, not how you got them.  Same as wickets.
Adams_BJ
lol nah I didn't get out at all, once I left (second stint) we were up near 50 runs. Unforunately our second 2 pairs got out a lot, and every wicket is -5 runs so it adds up quick.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4964|Dundee, Scotland.
[Injdoor]

i think you accidentally a letter.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Adams_BJ

Camm wrote:

[Injdoor]

i think you accidentally a letter.
nah man, its a mix between indoor an injun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard