Computer_Guy
+54|6695
Specs:
Intel 2600k stock
Asus P6P87 WS
Corsair DDR3 1600 2x4gb
XFX 6850 1gb
WD Black 1tb sata III

At first we overclocked it to 4.6ghz but then it started randomly freezing, so i lowered it and lowered it again BUT it was going stable in Prime95 for 1 hour at all clocks that i set it at; but once it goes down into that 1.6 ghz it will freeze randomly and we have to keep that clock up by running a game in the background. So we put it to stock but it still freezes.

We replaced the motherboard with the new cougar point chips and it still randomly freezes and blue screens.

Ive run memtest and furmark to check the ram and gpu but those seem fine. Its looking like the cpu to me since it freezes when nothing is putting stress on the cpu and its idling at 1.6ghz. Any other ideas on this?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

i think it was a smart move to overclock your friends machine. i'd never try 4.6 on my own machine . . .
Computer_Guy
+54|6695

burnzz wrote:

i think it was a smart move to overclock your friends machine. i'd never try 4.6 on my own machine . . .
The 2600k can easily do 5.2ghz and even the Asus auto overclock puts it at 4.6ghz.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.

Computer_Guy wrote:

burnzz wrote:

The 2600k can easily do 5.2ghz and even the Asus auto overclock puts it at 4.6ghz.
yeah k series can do 5ghz on air motherfucker!
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada

Camm wrote:

Computer_Guy wrote:

burnzz wrote:

yeah k series can do 5ghz on air motherfucker!
the good ones, doesn't mean you cant get a shit OC'ing chip.
Computer_Guy
+54|6695
Well, it only freezes when its idling at 1.6ghz. When under full load with Prome95 its fine. I had it going for a few hours and now freezes.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
What wattage and kind of power supply?
Love is the answer
Computer_Guy
+54|6695
750W PC power and cooling
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
https://romund.com/pics/intredasting.jpg

So, mobo replaced, ram checks out... overclock removed...

I think Nic might be on to something about the cpu being damaged... What kind of temps are you looking at?? HSF seated properly?

strip that bitch down to essentials mang... rebuilt it slowly... test, repeat?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
Can you disable speedstep on the new Intel CPUs?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Computer_Guy
+54|6695
Temps are normal under load(high 40s) and idle(30s).

Speedstep cannot be disabled
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black

Computer_Guy wrote:

Speedstep cannot be disabled
Well that's just silly.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard