11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5301|Cleveland, Ohio

burnzz wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

It's better than either fairweather fans or people who root for a team they have zero connection to.
don't worry about it Hurri, marine's mad because he keeps getting banned IRL too, and doesn't have a real place to call home - so he'll never be a 'homer'.
wut
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5765|College Park, MD
i don't think I'd ever cry over a sports game
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6510|Amsterdam‫

Last edited by menzo (2011-04-23 16:53:17)

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
11 Bravo
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i don't think I'd ever cry over a sports game
i cried when jordan hit that shot over eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehlo.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6713

Jay wrote:

The type of guy that when trade rumors pop up is the first to create a fictitious trade in which his team offers up every garbage player on the roster in exchange for the super star... and doesn't understand why other people don't value his teams trash as highly as he does.

Fan: "Oh, Albert Pujols is on the block? Cool."

Homer: "Oh, Albert Pujols is on the block? We should totally trade Jeff Franceour and Wilson Betimit for him!"

There's a fine line between rooting for a team and being a homer. A homer is the kind of guy that gets pissed off or cries when his team loses.
Doesn't everyone get pissed off when their team loses?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

ghettoperson wrote:

Jay wrote:

The type of guy that when trade rumors pop up is the first to create a fictitious trade in which his team offers up every garbage player on the roster in exchange for the super star... and doesn't understand why other people don't value his teams trash as highly as he does.

Homer: "Oh, Albert Pujols is on the block? We should totally trade Jeff Franceour and Wilson Betimit for him!"

There's a fine line between rooting for a team and being a homer. A homer is the kind of guy that gets pissed off or cries when his team loses.
I think he means the kind of pissed off where you start swinging cactuses (metaphorically speaking). Not "god dammit!" followed by cracking a beer open and getting back to your life.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5422|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Jay wrote:

I think he means the kind of pissed off where you start swinging cactuses (metaphorically speaking). Not "god dammit!" followed by cracking a beer open and getting back to your life.
Ya. I'm a Giants fan but when they lose I just shrug. I have friends that can't be talked to for the rest of the day if they lose. There's also a correlation among NFL fans between birth rates and their teams success. A lot of guys apparently celebrate a good football win with a nice fuck. The losers do not. Those people are homers.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
lol how silly

god my current nurse has a nice ass
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6601|Long Island, New York

Jay wrote:

That's like 5 or 6 specific people on the Islander forum I go on. "Shea Weber is an RFA? Throw him an offer sheet. Or better yet, trade Hamonic, Bailey and a 2nd for him. That should do it, right?".

First off, throwing an offer sheet at a D man who will soon be (if he's not already) one of the best defenseman in the world would do nothing but guarantee that Tavares gets an offer sheet thrown at him after next year. And as for the trade? Hamonic's a future great #2 d-man, but Bailey's development was screwed up and a 2nd round pick means nothing. Not exactly a fair trade as it were.

People are dumb.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Poseidon wrote:

Jay wrote:

That's like 5 or 6 specific people on the Islander forum I go on. "Shea Weber is an RFA? Throw him an offer sheet. Or better yet, trade Hamonic, Bailey and a 2nd for him. That should do it, right?".

First off, throwing an offer sheet at a D man who will soon be (if he's not already) one of the best defenseman in the world would do nothing but guarantee that Tavares gets an offer sheet thrown at him after next year. And as for the trade? Hamonic's a future great #2 d-man, but Bailey's development was screwed up and a 2nd round pick means nothing. Not exactly a fair trade as it were.

People are dumb.
https://www.motivationalmine.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/1833/090117-english-motherfucker.gif
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
i understood it
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Jay wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Jay wrote:

People are dumb.
http://www.motivationalmine.com/wp-cont … fucker.gif
Elaborate further then, oh great sports fan
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I just had no fucking idea who you were talking about, that's all

I haven't paid attention to hockey in close to ten years.
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Poseidon wrote:

Jay wrote:

People are dumb.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/wtfamireading.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned
ugh watch a real sport
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Jay wrote:

I just had no fucking idea who you were talking about, that's all

I haven't paid attention to hockey in close to ten years.
Well you're missing probably the greatest playoffs I've seen since 2002... not even 3 goal leads are safe this year. There's been close to 4 comebacks from 3 goals or more, and it's only the first round.

And I elaborated on why that trade proposal is retarded in the second paragraph, READ CLOSER
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Jay wrote:

People are dumb.
http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793 … eading.jpg
https://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Borat.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6713

Poseidon wrote:

Jay wrote:

People are dumb.
I assume RFA is restricted free agent, but other than that I have no idea what you're talking about.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

ghettoperson wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Jay wrote:

People are dumb.
I assume RFA is restricted free agent, but other than that I have no idea what you're talking about.
Yes. Shea Weber is on the Nashville Predators, and after the playoffs are over he becomes an RFA. That means his rights belong to the Predators, but he can still be traded or someone can throw him an offer sheet. The Predators can match that offer or they can decline and be compensated in draft picks (could be four 1st rounders over four years depending on the salary). Then Weber goes to his new team.

An unrestricted free agent is able to be signed by any team after July 1st at 12PM.

Not really that difficult.
11 Bravo
Banned
this game is kind of sloppy
11 Bravo
Banned
come on boston.....this is your period dammit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxOJCNNhS2U
11 Bravo
Banned
ahahahahaha goooooooooooooooooooooal boston
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6777|Purplicious Wisconsin

HaiBai wrote:

jord wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

not really, you're going to get the shit beaten out of you
And you're not going to get the shit beaten out of you if you're a fatass?

It's better to be underweight than overweight.
a big guy will always beat the little guy
I'm over 6 feet tall and you are calling me a little guy? Anyway, you can be muscular whether you are fat or skinny. Skinny has a better advantage in maneuverability than fatty. So skinny wins.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5852|Catherine Black
war man

shut up
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard