jord
+2,382|6823|The North, beyond the wall.

Jay wrote:

Shocking wrote:

jord wrote:

I want a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog but I just don't have the time nor motivation to take one out walking daily/twice a day.
I want one of these

Grew up with large dogs, can't imagine living without one. Love them.
I want one of these

http://www.allpetsnetwork.com/images/malamute.jpg
Good choice, most want the lesser Husky.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5503|London, England
sup sup
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6717

Toilet Sex wrote:

i would prefer one of these to a dog

https://i.imgur.com/3tzNl.jpg
bloody dubai
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam

Jay wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

What i dont like about about american (suburbian) houses though is how theyre built. Just a wooden frame with some panels on em. If a tornado would hit my house, i think only the windows would break and the garden would be a mess, but that would be about it
It depends on the area but you have to remember that wood is very cheap here. It's also much faster to put up a wooden framed house than it is to build one from brick or stone.

That said, I want to design or purchase a stone home one day (they're a ton more expensive).
Yeah i know, i visited the new england are last summer and i think i could punch through most walls and doors, it all felt so flimsy.

But all houses here are made of stone, so relatively speaking our houses arent that much more expensive, and keep in mind that here all buildings need to have a very deep foundation (which takes up half the build time in a lot of cases) else they'll sink.
tuckergustav
+1,590|6059|...

cowami wrote:

'sup internets
Hello stranger.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
Huskies are great, I'd say the malamute is a good choice as they're the best looking ones (imo) and I think the calmest. But... so tiny!

When I was 5 we had a leonberger that was 110 kg's // 240 lbs, I could ride on his back (it's a large breed but even for that this one was extroardinarily huge, standing on his hind legs he was 6'6 tall), and they've got a wonderful character. Best family dog there is I think.
inane little opines
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6717

tiger you tossers
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam
If you were to build a house like you would in the netherlands but in the US, i dont think it would be that much more expensive here. But of course land is a lot cheaper in the US (depending on location), a small piece of land costs a fortune in this country
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam

Kampframmer wrote:

If you were to build a house like you would in the netherlands but in the US, i dont think it would be that much more expensive. But of course land is a lot cheaper in the US (depending on location), a small piece of land costs a fortune in this country
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6859|Purplicious Wisconsin
Risk on Pogo anyone?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

Huskies are great, I'd say the malamute is a good choice as they're the best looking ones (imo) and I think the calmest. But... so tiny!

When I was 5 we had a leonberger that was 110 kg's // 240 lbs, I could ride on his back (it's a large breed but even for that this one was extroardinarily huge, standing on his hind legs he was 6'6 tall), and they've got a wonderful character. Best family dog there is I think.
My aunt always kept Weimaraners. Beautiful dogs but they're subject to puppy mill overbreeding
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

If i would take a big dog, i'dd have a husky. But i prefer a smaller dog (city and all) so i would love to have an english bulldog some day
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6435|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

so who wants to fill me in on the couple of months or years i missed
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5382|Cleveland, Ohio
piss off
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6435|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

11 Bravo wrote:

piss off
aw
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Kampframmer wrote:

If you were to build a house like you would in the netherlands but in the US, i dont think it would be that much more expensive here. But of course land is a lot cheaper in the US (depending on location), a small piece of land costs a fortune in this country
It would cost a lot more simply because of the building materials. Unless you're just talking poured concrete (which is ugly), getting the stones from the quarry and into your foundation would be exceedingly expensive here. America has no shortage of forests so lumber is very cheap in comparison. The only real benefits I see for stone are looks and insulation (and most of heating/cooling loss comes via windows anyway).
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...

Jay wrote:

My aunt always kept Weimaraners. Beautiful dogs but they're subject to puppy mill overbreeding
Sucks .

I don't really like dogs with little/no hair though. Does save in cleaning costs . Dogs like the ones we had (and huskies as well) shed so much throughout a year. Bad idea to have a carpet anywhere if you've got a hairy dog.
inane little opines
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6717

11 Bravo wrote:

piss off
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
no likey cowami?
-Frederick Bastiat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam

Jay wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

It would cost a lot more simply because of the building materials. Unless you're just talking poured concrete (which is ugly), getting the stones from the quarry and into your foundation would be exceedingly expensive here. America has no shortage of forests so lumber is very cheap in comparison. The only real benefits I see for stone are looks and insulation (and most of heating/cooling loss comes via windows anyway).
Houses here are made of bricks and some (like mine) have a layer of concrete (i think on the inside) and the foundation are huge poles made of concrete or steel (no idea)
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...

Jay wrote:

Guess it also has to do with the type of ground you build on. The Netherlands was one big swamp so houses here need a strong foundation. Lots of concrete and stuff.

I like your porches though.

Kampframmer wrote:

steel
Yup. Steel poles smashed into the ground (makes a deafening noise by the way, couple years ago they finished building a large district in my old hometown, when it was in progress you could hear it every day almost everywhere in the town) 

Large wire meshes for the concrete as well.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-04-20 11:03:32)

inane little opines
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6717

i've been karma bribed so i do now
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4987|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

I like your porches though.
I love those American porches
Toilet Sex