eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
start it off with something like " the ability for man to harness the power of the atom is quite arguably one of the highest achievmants in the continuing history of human civilization"
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5853

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i have to come up with an informative speech on nuclear power for tomorrow
didn't we discuss this a few months ago?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5856|College Park, MD

eleven bravo wrote:

start it off with something like " the ability for man to harness the power of the atom is quite arguably one of the highest achievmants in the continuing history of human civilization"
yeah president

@jibad maybe, maybe not

@kampf yeah I"m just gonna talk about the history of it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam

eleven bravo wrote:

Thats actually pretty good.
A presentation is all about, well, prsentation. So most of the time you can just throw a lot of bullshit at em, as long as you wrap it in shiny paper
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Kampframmer wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

A presentation is all about, well, prsentation. So most of the time you can just throw a lot of bullshit at em, as long as you wrap it in shiny paper
i agree, it's not like my teacher is a nuclear engineer. It's a public speaking class, a good chunk of the grade for this assignment is the delivery.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

i agree, it's not like my teacher is a nuclear engineer. It's a public speaking class, a good chunk of the grade for this assignment is the delivery.
I used to just read some shit from wikipedia and then I'd just wing it. As long as you're not one of those people that cant speak like a normal human being in front of a crowd and you have a decent looking powerpoint (if you even need one), you'll do fine.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
that was a freestyle
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5853
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p3455488

i'll give you my powerpoint slide and outline. got an A- on it and that's only because i took 15 min. to prepare. go to class like an hour early and practice giving your speech in the classroom. as people start to come in one by one you get used to talking in front of them and it gets easier.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Kampframmer wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I used to just read some shit from wikipedia and then I'd just wing it. As long as you're not one of those people that cant speak like a normal human being in front of a crowd and you have a decent looking powerpoint (if you even need one), you'll do fine.
yup very true. For our persuasive speeches I'll definitely need some legit sources though.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

yup very true. For our persuasive speeches I'll definitely need some legit sources though.
wikipedia
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6154|...
why do you need to give a presentation about nuclear power

and what exactly as the subject is huge, or just briefly touch on every aspect?
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Shocking wrote:

why? cos it was the first topic I could think of when we were asked to come up with topics.

And yeah, briefly touch on every aspect. Basically gonna say how it started, when the first civilian plants went online, how it advanced since then, and maybe some other shit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
use my opener
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
im gonna be giving tons of speeches in nyc next week on nuclear proliferation
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6154|...
use his opener
inane little opines
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6692|Long Island, New York

eleven bravo wrote:

where? i'll come assassinate you stalk you
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Shocking wrote:

why? cos it was the first topic I could think of when we were asked to come up with topics.

And yeah, briefly touch on every aspect. Basically gonna say how it started, when the first civilian plants went online, how it advanced since then, and maybe some other shit.
Use eleven bravo's opener, make up some shit about why you oicke dit and find it interesting and then just summarise every point from the wiki article
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom

Poseidon wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

where? i'll come assassinate you stalk you
model un
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6154|...
-use gs's opening, add some fluff
-touch on the history of nuclear power
-tell people how it works
-talk about safety mechanics/environmental issues in light of the recent disaster
-future of nuclear energy (where does it go from here (germany closing 7), modern reactors as opposed to Fukushima plant, nuclear fusion all that jazz)
-close

*applause*
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Shocking wrote:

-use gs's opening, add some fluff
-touch on the history of nuclear power
-tell people how it works
-talk about safety mechanics/environmental issues in light of the recent disaster
-future of nuclear energy (where does it go from here (germany closing 7), modern reactors as opposed to Fukushima plant, nuclear fusion all that jazz)
-close

*applause*
has to be 4-6 minutes long nigga
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
t5hats not long at all
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

t5hats not long at all
i know

@shocking disregard last post, see karma
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
how long is the druive from dc to nyc?
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6692|Long Island, New York

eleven bravo wrote:

how long is the druive from dc to nyc?
boltbus took me like 4 hrs 15 minutes
13/f/taiwan
+940|5853
long enough for you to get pulled over by state troopers for failing to signal or some bullshit pre text stop.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard