Poll

Do you Favor a NATO Enforced No-Fly Zone in Libya?

Yes57%57% - 30
No32%32% - 17
Undecided9%9% - 5
Total: 52
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Whats the difference between the libyan rebels and the insurgents attacking US soldiers in Iraq. (Obviously disregard things like suicide bombing, where civilians die too).

That's just what I want to know, It's not like I don't believe in what the rebels are doing, its just that why are we stopping one populations revolt in one country, and trying to stop a government from stopping their revolt?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Adams_BJ wrote:

Whats the difference between the libyan rebels and the insurgents attacking US soldiers in Iraq. (Obviously disregard things like suicide bombing, where civilians die too)
They're the same people apparently.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma
OK, so the UN said it had to be done, so NATO takes charge? Has no one else got the will or ability to do it?
Sur eit was backed by the arab league, which is cool, but why does NATO have to do it all the time?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
wtf how can there be more yes than no?

are you people fucking stupid?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
i agree with it
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
11 Bravo
Banned
wow.  do tell why
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

11 Bravo wrote:

wow.  do tell why
Because Gaddafi is a tyrant, he thinks he can get away with whatever he wants, he's using his own people as shields, so by proposing a no fly zone and bombing pro-gaddafi troops, tanks, and anti-air facilities, the rebels (who i completely side with) can advance on his position.
11 Bravo
Banned
there are shit tons on tyrants out there.  its their country.  thats their problem.  and you side with the rebels eh?  do tell why?  tell me why for 40 years nobody cared?  tell me why the west was recently reaching out to him for better relations?  tell me why euros ignored that shit for the oil for 40 years?  tell me why you support the rebels who were in iraq shooting and killing your neighbors from england?  show me solid proof he has killed tons of civilians or as Mek said but has yet to prove "unlike ever seen before."

chew on that for a while and get back to me.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma
Coz we needed the oil. derp.

The UK ran out of Avgas this week becasue we get it all from Libya, lel.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

11 Bravo wrote:

there are shit tons on tyrants out there.  its their country.  thats their problem.  and you side with the rebels eh?  do tell why?  tell me why for 40 years nobody cared?  tell me why the west was recently reaching out to him for better relations?  tell me why euros ignored that shit for the oil for 40 years?  tell me why you support the rebels who were in iraq shooting and killing your neighbors from england?  show me solid proof he has killed tons of civilians or as Mek said but has yet to prove "unlike ever seen before."

I knew you would say something about the rebels in iraq. that is so misguided and completely different.
Also, my neighbours in england? You don't think scots are getting shot at?

Last edited by Camm (2011-04-01 05:35:46)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5991|...
No because firstly; it's hypocritical as fuck, secondly; there's nothing in it for us. Don't give me the oil argument because we had good deals with Gadaffi, stepping in this conflict may actually damage our economic interests more than help them.

We're stepping in in Libya with all this holier than thou bullshit while having supported or ignored tyrants, dictators and genocide all around the fucking globe for the past 70 years. How is this any different? We're not even helping anyone in this conflict. Arab League doesn't even like us, I guess it's an effort to show the ME that we suddenly don't support dictators after Mubarak had been chased off. We gave that guy money since the 80s.
inane little opines
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Voted yes. Oil prices can't rise any further.
11 Bravo
Banned

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I knew you would say something about the rebels in iraq. that is so misguided and completely different.
misguided lol.  k.  swallow the company line, camm.  thats a good idea.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I said yeah
11 Bravo
Banned

1927 wrote:

I said yeah
why?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

He's right. You'd be fucking pissed off if some other country came in and started meddling with your countries politics. Oh wait, that already happened for a few hundred years. You'd think that people like the Scots would be more inclined to respect a nations sovereignty than others.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

11 Bravo wrote:

1927 wrote:

I said yeah
why?
Cos you had a go at Camm when he said so

Im not that political as your probably aware and hate giving opinions on shit that don't concern me but if I had to:

I think CG (Colnel Gadaffi) is doing wrong in his country.  Yes they elected him but that dosent mean you can act like a dick and be a piece.  Im not sure of the details but his people went anal a few weeks ago and rightly so voiced their objection to w/ever it was.

His reply was to start shooting at them and gave the opinion to the rest of us of 'Its my way or ya gonna get killed' - Thats unfair.

I think its better to make a move on something than not to and regret not doing so.  Yeah you might make a mistake but at least you didnt just sit back.  This for eg, can be used in a wide range of thing' for eg, total diff end of the scale - girls.  You fancy her, you dont make a move for whatever reason, Joe Bloggs steals her away.

Now I'm happy for us to go on bombing missons to wipe his tanks and shit out - he said 3/4 Fridays ago just before it kicked off something like 'prepare to die' and thats just being a bully, and no I couldnt of just sat back and done nothing.

I dont think we should arm the rebels, hopefully the mistakes have been learned from helping the Afghans vs the Ruskies all those years ago, our troops are getting shot with the same shit we gave them to help them.

Neither do I think we should go after CG himself, well if we do, its to be arrested and not murdered.  He should stand trial, so should the people behind the Lockerbie bomb and the shooting of WPC Fletcher outside the Libyian Embassey in London many moons ago.

I may not be right with what I say, hope you respect my opinions and the effort I have gone to to note them down, this is why I dont say much in DST, it just aint me.

I also think we draw the line here and dont go jumping all over the nation bombing this, bombing that.  We cant help every bad situation.
11 Bravo
Banned
those are good points but its not our place to do anything about it
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

11 Bravo wrote:

So you think it's entirely acceptable to stand back and do nothing as this nutjob kills his own people? How brilliantly hypocritical of you.

Last edited by Camm (2011-04-01 07:08:08)

11 Bravo wrote:

Im understanding the last bit of your sentance more and more, I fully appriciate we cant go jumping in everywhere there is a problem.  If the rest of the region was stable I'd be more at ease with what we are trying to do in Libya.  We should of helped out the people of Zimbabwe but we didnt, and now that country looks like it has sorted most of its problems out.  I still think Mugabe (sp) is a pecker, and got away with it for far too long.

I dont think we would of done anything if it wasnt for the very public threats CG made to the people like 'Im coming to get you' etc.  Thats just fucking nasty bullyness and I dont believe we can have that in 2011.

As we know we cant take this precident with every region/nation that becomes unstable, what if the people of China/Korea somehow started demo'ing and they were getting killed?  The UN etc aint big enough in that situation.

I believe Obama etc when they say they will not take a step into Libya, well onto the soil, you know what I mean.  That I think is a good thing, along with the backing of the African League etc.  I thought at first wtf has Drogba, Essien and Gyun got to do with it, then I learned it was a political thing.
11 Bravo
Banned

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

So you think it's entirely acceptable to stand back and do nothing as this nutjob kills his own people? How brilliant hypocritical of you.
from what i have seen his guys are shooting at people shooting at them.  thats a civil war.  not our place.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

11 Bravo wrote:

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

So you think it's entirely acceptable to stand back and do nothing as this nutjob kills his own people? How brilliant hypocritical of you.
from what i have seen his guys are shooting at people shooting at them.  thats a civil war.  not our place.
it's nigh-on the same situation as iraq. evil dictator has been in power for too long. yet you still went in.
Not only that, what about the cost.  We are fucking skint over here Uncle Sam, I dont know how you guys are doing for some dolla, but we cant afford to go dropping £1m bombs, or whatever it costs.

This country cant afford that.

Oh fuck, look what you've done, I cant stfu about it now

You have woken '27 The Political Chavvy Monster'
11 Bravo
Banned

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Camm wrote:

it's nigh-on the same situation as iraq. evil dictator has been in power for too long. yet you still went in.
wasnt my decision.  nor did i agree with it.  your point is failing.  you want to know why its failing?  because when you have no more valid points you go into compare mode.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard