Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock

HaiBai wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

So a miscarriage is manslaughter?
are you dumb or something?
explain why he is "dumb". Would like to see your logic on this tbh.

I believe he is following you train of thought to a T.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

It is not his train of thought he is following, it is mine. and if you go back and read what is posted on the last page you will understand why Haibai posted the way he did. Personally, I am ignoring it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I never got why there is a debate on this issue. To me this is such a deeply personal issue that the Government's or different lobby groups' morals shouldn't play a part in an induvidual's decision. If a person has an unplanned pregnancy and their morals dictate that abortion is wrong well then they're not going to get an abortion. If a person has an unplanned pregnancy and their morals dictate that abortion isn't wrong well then that should be their right. Most of the time I'm sure you'll find that people are in the middle ground and they don't know whether it would be right or wrong to get an abortion. In this case there are few choices more deeply personal than whether to terminate a pregnancy or not and it's stupid for society to think it has a right to have its input.

As to the rights of the child or rights of the foetus or whatever - a foetus has no knowledge of its existence, it is not self aware. Its charicteristics are more comparible to a parasite than a human being. Of course there is the potential that it will become a human being but I'm talking about taking it at face value. Terminate a foetus and what has it lost? Nothing. You can argue that there is value in what can loosely be called its life but I wouldn't agree. There is value in life but not equal value in all lives. Go more into it than that and you get to arguments like "life is sacred" or "a foetus has a soul" but that's a religious argument and I thought the western world prided itself on not forcing religion on others.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

No, it was a retarded comment.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...
this thread is an abortion
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5245|Cleveland, Ohio

Jay wrote:

Shocking wrote:

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

Ty wrote:

I never got why there is a debate on this issue. To me this is such a deeply personal issue that the Government's or different lobby groups' morals shouldn't play a part in an induvidual's decision. If a person has an unplanned pregnancy and their morals dictate that abortion is wrong well then they're not going to get an abortion. If a person has an unplanned pregnancy and their morals dictate that abortion isn't wrong well then that should be their right. Most of the time I'm sure you'll find that people are in the middle ground and they don't know whether it would be right or wrong to get an abortion. In this case there are few choices more deeply personal than whether to terminate a pregnancy or not and it's stupid for society to think it has a right to have its input.

As to the rights of the child or rights of the foetus or whatever - a foetus has no knowledge of its existence, it is not self aware. Its charicteristics are more comparible to a parasite than a human being. Of course there is the potential that it will become a human being but I'm talking about taking it at face value. Terminate a foetus and what has it lost? Nothing. You can argue that there is value in what can loosely be called its life but I wouldn't agree. There is value in life but not equal value in all lives. Go more into it than that and you get to arguments like "life is sacred" or "a foetus has a soul" but that's a religious argument and I thought the western world prided itself on not forcing religion on others.
I agree with your first paragraph totally. For me the issue is not "rights", it is coming to grips with what you are doing when you abort a pregnancy. You are in fact ending human life. Pick whatever stage of human life you want, to terminate at that stage you are ending that life.

Everything else is nothing more than arguments designed to rationalize that fact.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Shocking wrote:

how so? are we not talking about the issue intended in the OP?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6721|Purplicious Wisconsin

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

No, accidents are different than on purpose.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ

War Man wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

aside from.. well that, what do you think manslaughter is?
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5492|Bolingbrook, Illinois

War Man wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

are you serious?
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

War Man wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

are you serious?
blue on blue. WE GOT BLUE ON BLUE!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

War Man wrote:

are you serious?
blue on blue. WE GOT BLUE ON BLUE!
Black on black gives me a heart attack
And the silence makes it deadly
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6721|Purplicious Wisconsin

Adams_BJ wrote:

War Man wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Killing a person is what manslaughter is as I recall, stupid way to convict someone though. What if someone was trying to kill you? Would you let him kill you? No you would kill that motherfucker if it is the only way you won't get killed by him.

Edit: but that is a different topic.

Last edited by War Man (2011-04-07 21:49:09)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ

War Man wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

War Man wrote:

Killing a person is what manslaughter is as I recall, stupid way to convict someone though. What if someone was trying to kill you? Would you let him kill you? No you would kill that motherfucker if it is the only way you won't get killed by him.

Edit: but that is a different topic.
But by the logic we are follwing it seams reasonable to put miscarriage down to manslaughter
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5044|Massachusetts, USA

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

I agree with your first paragraph totally. For me the issue is not "rights", it is coming to grips with what you are doing when you abort a pregnancy. You are in fact ending human life. Pick whatever stage of human life you want, to terminate at that stage you are ending that life.

Everything else is nothing more than arguments designed to rationalize that fact.
It isn't human because it isn't self aware.......... That's what separates us from the rest of the animals. We have intelligence, they don't. Fetuses do not have intelligence. How are you not comprehending this?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone
ermm, Animals do have intelligence. They're also a damn site more "alive" then a foetus.

lowing wrote:

You are in fact ending human life. Pick whatever stage of human life you want, to terminate at that stage you are ending that life.

Yeh, but it just isn't. Go back under your bridge.

Also for Warman

MANSLAUGHTER:
The unlawful killing of a human being without malice or premeditation.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2011-04-07 22:28:15)

UnkleRukus
That Guy

DrunkFace wrote:

ermm, Animals do have intelligence. They're also a damn site more "alive" then a foetus.

lowing wrote:

You are in fact ending human life. Pick whatever stage of human life you want, to terminate at that stage you are ending that life.

They don't have the intelligence we have, they are also not self aware like a grown human. A fetus has neither of those qualities.

It's like saying killing maggots is wrong, because they're unborn flies. Doesn't make sense at all.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

It isn't human because it isn't self aware.......... That's what separates us from the rest of the animals. We have intelligence, they don't. Fetuses do not have intelligence. How are you not comprehending this?
...and this is a good example of what I mean ^^^^^^^
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

DrunkFace wrote:

lowing wrote:

but it is better than not having an argument at all ^^^^^^^^^
UnkleRukus
That Guy

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Refresh my memory, I don't feel like reading back several pages of garbage.

edit: removed the dumb shit.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-04-07 22:44:40)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Also, you are one dumb fucking troll. I've tried to have a decent argument, but you really have the thickest fucking skull of anyone on this forum.

You're the reason for contraception.

Fuck D&ST, its a shithole. My last post in here forever.
All you did was rationalize abortion. You are not addressing the fact that you are ending human life.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Also, you are one dumb fucking troll. I've tried to have a decent argument, but you really have the thickest fucking skull of anyone on this forum.

All you did was rationalize abortion. You are not addressing the fact that you are ending human life.
I really, honestly, don't give two shits about a human life at that stage. Don't care if it's my seed, or my family members seed. I don't fucking care at all. Frankly because Human to me is having coherent thought processes and they're a living and breathing organism. WHICH, *GASP* they aren't.

Is that a good enough answer for you?

Also, out of curiosity. What made you decide to return to this place? When people thick you're a thick headed fool.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-04-07 22:46:26)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

I really, honestly, don't give two shits about a human life at that stage. Don't care if it's my seed, or my family members seed. I don't fucking care at all. Frankly because Human to me is having coherent thought processes and they're a living and breathing organism. Is that a good enough answer for you?
Your rationalizations for abortion is not for me to judge, as long as your answer is good enough for yourself.. All my argument is, is what abortion does, and that is end human life.

I came back because I was bored while online. I am most comfortable here among the familiar personalities, so I came back here.

Last edited by lowing (2011-04-07 22:50:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard