t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
Alright, so I haven't had any problems playing bf2 for the past year plus. This month, this thing has started where about twice a round, I will get this clientside lag (no increase in ping) where it appears I'm getting about 5 or 10fps. Complete chugging. My computer can definitely handle BF2's requirements. This lag will last for a few minutes (it seems to go away when I minimize for a minute or two them resume gamplay). I'm pretty sure I haven't installed any new programs that are running in the background and are hogging major processor power. I've reinstalled (deleted and redownloaded on steam) several times, and have tried playing it from two different hard drives on my computer.

If you have any experience with this or any vague ideas on how to fix this, I'm all ears. I'm relatively dumb with computers and if I can't come up with any good solutions, I'm gonna reformat.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5992|Vortex Ring State
try defrag?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
Try deleting your cache located in My Documents

The whole BF2 folder.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
Trots - my computer has those scheduled defrags set up; computer sez the last defrag was a few days ago. I was hoping that would help too.

Fin - I have deleted the cache files in mods -> bf2, if that's what you refer to. Did you mean delete the entire Battlefield 2 folder that exists in My Documents?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black

t0mhank5 wrote:

Did you mean delete the entire Battlefield 2 folder that exists in My Documents?
Yup.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
koo beans
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
didn't help, /sadface
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5860|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
When it's chugging can you hear the hard drive going mad? Disable the auto defrag- that's the first thing I'd do, make sure no other programs in background like AV are chugging the hard drive too. Def sounds like a disk problem to me
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya
Its not very likely, but have you checked the temps while you're playing? The CPU or GPU might be getting too hot and throttling until it cools down.
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
I will look into both of those things... will definitely try out disabling background tasks and scheduled thingies. My lappy does run pretty hot. Maybe I need a cooling pad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard