baggs
+732|6205
What are the chances of me running BF3 on this:

AMD Phenom II N390 CPU
4GB DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 GPU

@1366x768

Yeah its a laptop, runs other FPS games just fine.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.

baggs wrote:

What are the chances of me running BF3 on this:

AMD Phenom II N390 CPU
4GB DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 GPU

@1366x768

Yeah its a laptop, runs other FPS games just fine.
Ooft. next to zero chance.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

tdef19 wrote:

Attempting to build a new PC specifically for BF3 and MW3 that will last 2-3 years.

i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz
4GB RAM
GTX 560 1GB

But I'm debating whether a large standard HD or splurge on the SSD. From what I've heard, load times are considerably long and if SSD is actually worth the extra $150-$200, then I'd be down to get a 2nd HD. Anyone have any information or experiences with these two options?
yeah... get the 560ti, you'll reap the rewards of the extra dolla you spend
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

I've got a 560 Ti and get ~60-70FPS @ 1920x1080, 8xAA, 8xAF, HBAO = off
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Camm wrote:

tdef19 wrote:

Attempting to build a new PC specifically for BF3 and MW3 that will last 2-3 years.

i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz
4GB RAM
GTX 560 1GB

But I'm debating whether a large standard HD or splurge on the SSD. From what I've heard, load times are considerably long and if SSD is actually worth the extra $150-$200, then I'd be down to get a 2nd HD. Anyone have any information or experiences with these two options?
yeah... get the 560ti, you'll reap the rewards of the extra dolla you spend
had to lower the clock on mine, was unstable. Still runs fine though
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

edit: it's not fine, getting TDR's even after dropping it. Apparently common issue with revision 1 of that card. I reckon I'll grab this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814161385
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

jsnipy wrote:

edit: it's not fine, getting TDR's even after dropping it. Apparently common issue with revision 1 of that card. I reckon I'll grab this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814161385
i would recommend that card, it's got some amazingly low temps, even at full chat, customPC rate it highly, so good that they've put it as they're recommended card in one of their price-range builds
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

and ill go through the whole RMA thing with the 560ti now, ill have something to fall back on/use in another system. Just don't feel like waiting for the whole nonsense process.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York
I might have to upgrade my video card out of necessity.

After this recent patch, my XFX HD4850 seemed to get hit harder with framerate drops than it did before the patch.  It's very strange. Maybe it sucked before but I didn't want to admit it.

Anyway, I might be springing for an HD6870 or HD6850. I'm definitely not spending more than $200 on this upgrade because I'm still running a 1240 x 1024 monitor.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

heggs wrote:

After this recent patch, my XFX HD4850 seemed to get hit harder with framerate drops than it did before the patch.  It's very strange. Maybe it sucked before but I didn't want to admit it.

Anyway, I might be springing for an HD6870 or HD6850. I'm definitely not spending more than $200 on this upgrade because I'm still running a 1240 x 1024 monitor.
I have the same card, and I seem to getting worse framerate drops since the patch as well.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York

coke wrote:

heggs wrote:

I have the same card, and I seem to getting worse framerate drops since the patch as well.
I especially notice it on open maps, like Caspian Border. Before it would drop to maybe 25, now it hits like 3 when a lot is going on. It's awful.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

heggs wrote:

coke wrote:

heggs wrote:

I especially notice it on open maps, like Caspian Border. Before it would drop to maybe 25, now it hits like 3 when a lot is going on. It's awful.
Don't think mine has been getting quite that bad, but it definately has been noticeable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard