11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio
i think people would be happy if you didnt delete their "twat" comment if a racist comment on the previous page is just left there.  things like that make no sense.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

DonFck wrote:

My answer is something in the lines of this, I'm spitballing here though, and I won't care proofreading, checking if I left something out, or if I even get a point across or mean what I'm writing:

Back in the day, and I mean way back in the day in Internet-terms, this used to be a fun and peaceful place with the odd troll (E.g. supah), the laughable rageguy (cdogmn) and the sporadic bad seed (I.e. E.g. Trig). The user base was large, but the majority of us had a united view that the place should maintain a certain atmosphere, a certain set of rules should be followed.

Some didn't, they got warned, they stopped. Some continued, they got temp-banned. Some went on, they got perm-banned. Seldom was there anyone that bitched later on to the end of all time how they'd been wronged. Stuff happened, we dealt with it, you dealt with it.

Then the number of active members went into a decline, which was expected of course. But we, the tenacious few(hundred) stayed on board, and life continued on bf2s. We know each other to some extent now because we have been here so long, there's very little anonymity between us when you really think about it. And because of this, rules were bent, and the staff didn't react as strongly as they may have done "back in the day". More slack was given, and lines were being crossed a lot.

At some point, too much is too much though, and a warning has to be given. But warnings stopped having any meaning, but were rather answered with words of bitch and whine, then the s.c. "infraction" was repeated on the forums. Temp bans got even more bitch and whine, and permbans lead to a whole fountain of bitching.

Mods like to be on here too. Not policing, but posting. That's what a friendly atmosphere is about. No apparent hierachy, but a bunch of people talking shit, and being at least around the framework of the rules, if not always within them. So no wonder so many of the appointed mods have stopped to actually mod. The amount of shit on here, if you take it back to 2006-moderating-praxis, is so overwhelming, I'd probably have to ban everyone including myself and never look back.

You made this place what it is. We all made it. If you want it to be moderated according to at least some set of rules, then act like the rules actually exist. If you like it how it has been now, with moderators every now and then lifting their ugly heads, snarling and making examples out of randomly selected individuals who stick out with their blatant trolling and breaking of the existing rules like a sore thumb, then please continue as usual, and we will too. If neither of the options are good for you, you could always suggest a new set of rules. Personally I believe that the current ones are just as good as any.

Or you can always fuck off. That's always an option. But for the love of God, stop whining you dick cheesed cunts.
\______/
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

i think people would be happy if you didnt delete their "twat" comment if a racist comment on the previous page is just left there.  things like that make no sense.
Because there are just certain words that it really isn't polite to use man. cunt, twat, and the like fall into those categories. Would you use them irl? No. So don't use them here.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Because there are just certain words that it really isn't polite to use man. cunt, twat, and the like fall into those categories. Would you use them irl? No. So don't use them here.
bet your ass i use them irl

and i say wop, kraut, dego, etc all the time
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Everywhere? You enter random stores and use those words? Or do you have a select group of people its ok with?
-Frederick Bastiat
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
wop, kraut and dego sounds like exotic fruits
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6341|Atlanta, Georgia

JohnG@lt wrote:

DonFck wrote:

My answer is something in the lines of this, I'm spitballing here though, and I won't care proofreading, checking if I left something out, or if I even get a point across or mean what I'm writing:

Back in the day, and I mean way back in the day in Internet-terms, this used to be a fun and peaceful place with the odd troll (E.g. supah), the laughable rageguy (cdogmn) and the sporadic bad seed (I.e. E.g. Trig). The user base was large, but the majority of us had a united view that the place should maintain a certain atmosphere, a certain set of rules should be followed.

Some didn't, they got warned, they stopped. Some continued, they got temp-banned. Some went on, they got perm-banned. Seldom was there anyone that bitched later on to the end of all time how they'd been wronged. Stuff happened, we dealt with it, you dealt with it.

Then the number of active members went into a decline, which was expected of course. But we, the tenacious few(hundred) stayed on board, and life continued on bf2s. We know each other to some extent now because we have been here so long, there's very little anonymity between us when you really think about it. And because of this, rules were bent, and the staff didn't react as strongly as they may have done "back in the day". More slack was given, and lines were being crossed a lot.

At some point, too much is too much though, and a warning has to be given. But warnings stopped having any meaning, but were rather answered with words of bitch and whine, then the s.c. "infraction" was repeated on the forums. Temp bans got even more bitch and whine, and permbans lead to a whole fountain of bitching.

Mods like to be on here too. Not policing, but posting. That's what a friendly atmosphere is about. No apparent hierachy, but a bunch of people talking shit, and being at least around the framework of the rules, if not always within them. So no wonder so many of the appointed mods have stopped to actually mod. The amount of shit on here, if you take it back to 2006-moderating-praxis, is so overwhelming, I'd probably have to ban everyone including myself and never look back.

You made this place what it is. We all made it. If you want it to be moderated according to at least some set of rules, then act like the rules actually exist. If you like it how it has been now, with moderators every now and then lifting their ugly heads, snarling and making examples out of randomly selected individuals who stick out with their blatant trolling and breaking of the existing rules like a sore thumb, then please continue as usual, and we will too. If neither of the options are good for you, you could always suggest a new set of rules. Personally I believe that the current ones are just as good as any.

Or you can always fuck off. That's always an option. But for the love of God, stop whining you dick cheesed cunts.
\______/
______
          |\       /|
   ____| \___/ |__________________________________________________________________________________________

I kinda have to agree a bit.

edit - Over flowing cup of care. The surface of my water is floating. Fuck logic.

Last edited by NeXuS (2011-03-08 09:53:48)

11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Everywhere? You enter random stores and use those words? Or do you have a select group of people its ok with?
well work typically.  i have yelled cunt in traffic many times.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

NeXuS wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DonFck wrote:

\______/
______
          |\       /|
   ____| \___/ |__________________________________________________________________________________________

I kinda have to agree a bit.
What is that supposed to be?
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
john do you post pics of random men all over town?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6341|Atlanta, Georgia
I edited my post re-read.

But to stay on top but what happened? I wanna get the whole picture to give my all important opinion to people that don't care.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Well, I don't see why it bothers you so much if you're asked to censor your language here if you do it automatically irl depending on the company you're in. I've been asked to change my language here on occasion and I don't start ranting and raving about it. Someone got offended, ok, it's not a big deal to change a word.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well, I don't see why it bothers you so much if you're asked to censor your language here if you do it automatically irl depending on the company you're in. I've been asked to change my language here on occasion and I don't start ranting and raving about it. Someone got offended, ok, it's not a big deal to change a word.
ugh...you are not getting it.  censor mine then censor everyones
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Not all words are equal, and neither is the context they are used in.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

what does it matter?  someone calls someone a cunt on one page in not a nice context and someone calls someone a twat on the next page...why does only one get deleted?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what does it matter?  someone calls someone a cunt on one page in not a nice context and someone calls someone a twat on the next page...why does only one get deleted?
Because one got reported and the other didn't. Mods don't do shit unless someone reports a post. Since you have a lot of people that don't like you here, your posts get reported more often.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Because one got reported and the other didn't. Mods don't do shit unless someone reports a post. Since you have a lot of people that don't like you here, your posts get reported more often.
shouldnt need a report in ee chats is my point.  mods are always there.  you can pretty much find one on every page.  if they are just going to be report monkeys then why do we have them at all?

and you are wrong btw.  the example i am using was not reported.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Because the screening every page is something that's just a fuckload of work, and pretty much an impossible task. So much twats and cunts are thrown around nowadays that, as I stated before, going back to 2006-2008-modding would lead to a very quiet site.

We try to give everyone an equal share of "stop it", but as you may have noticed, shit don't work. Some might see it as unfair when ones "assface" gets deleted, but three pages back, and 15 minutes earlier (EE-Chats postcount growth is pretty rapid at times), another members "cumguzzler" remains.

We still try not to draw bullseyes on predetermined members' asses so we can kick them when we see them break the rules, and let others go on doing the same thing. It might look like it, but it just isn't so.
I need around tree fiddy.
11 Bravo
Banned

DonFck wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Because the screening every page is something that's just a fuckload of work, and pretty much an impossible task. So much twats and cunts are thrown around nowadays that, as I stated before, going back to 2006-2008-modding would lead to a very quiet site.

We try to give everyone an equal share of "stop it", but as you may have noticed, shit don't work. Some might see it as unfair when ones "assface" gets deleted, but three pages back, and 15 minutes earlier (EE-Chats postcount growth is pretty rapid at times), another members "cumguzzler" remains.

We still try not to draw bullseyes on predetermined members' asses so we can kick them when we see them break the rules, and let others go on doing the same thing. It might look like it, but it just isn't so.
please.  screening the page you are on aint that hard ffs.  dude who are you trying to fool?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
this is a complete non-issue

marine is in a mood and is stirring up a pot of whine-toast and moan-butter because he has nothing better to do with his afternoon

why even entertain this as if it's a sincere 'complaint'? he's just ratty because something didn't go his way in ee

what a yawnfest
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

11 Bravo wrote:

DonFck wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

please.  screening the page you are on aint that hard ffs.  dude who are you trying to fool?
As I was just writing that post which you quoted, four more posts were made in this thread alone (all of them deleted at this moment, btw). Do the math. Now I'd have to screen also page No.2. because I haven't had time to go through that one either.

You're telling me how to do my job on here. Fuck that. You haven't got a clue.

No, quickly browsing through the page I'm on isn't hard, nor is it to delete a post and send an awm. But I'll do it at my own discretion, also I don't always have time to screen pages due to real life activities.

But as said in my mega-post earlier, you may also gtfo, if you don't like the way things are handled here.
11 Bravo
Banned
so liquid just missed the first two replies because it too hard?
11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

for you.  if you had the awm exchange with varegg over the past couple days as i have, i damn well know you would say something also.  we all know you would.  so stop pretending.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

DonFck wrote:

So much twats and cunts are thrown around nowadays that, as I stated before, going back to 2006-2008-modding would lead to a very quiet site.
twat did you say? i cunt hear you . . .
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

11 Bravo wrote:

so liquid just missed the first two replies because it too hard?
I'm pretty sure it was I who just simply didn't care, then I wrote about it in the mods only-forums, where we started conspiring against you.

11 Bravo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

for you.  if you had the awm exchange with varegg over the past couple days as i have, i damn well know you would say something also.  we all know you would.  so stop pretending.
Actually engaging in an "AWM-exchange" says a lot about you and your unwillingness to just let things be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard