MooseRyder
+37|6655|Montréal, Canada
I am so fuckin fed up with that game right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since the new patch the game dont stop fuckin crashing during or before a round!!!!!!!!

I was on wake , commander of the USMC, we were winning the round with a new strategy that works perfectly! I was going to get a gold medal (only my second one) we were having the airfield and the beach already as well as the north village and base!!!!!!!!!

Then THE STUPID FUCKIN GAME CRASH! It took us 5 rounds to finally start winning and it needs to crash!

More shit like this happen im done with that game
Kizzer
+0|6652
i havent really experinaced many crashes with the game, was it the game crashing or was it a connection problem?
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6693|Sweden
Yes the game is more unstable than before, for me too. Crashes and connection failiur all the time.

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-02-15 17:10:26)

MooseRyder
mmm i had one connection lost, but the server crashed everyone lost connections. I got back in did 2 rounds, then it crashed.
MooseRyder
it crashed on me 3 times today, last night 2 times

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-02-15 17:18:03)

markH262
+0|6650
I can't even get into a damn game now!! It shows 2800+ servers now and I didn't change any of my setting. Whenever I pick a server it gets to 94% loading and then crashes and kicks me out to the desk top.

I'm trying to check the topics and messages on crashes but haven't found one to say what to do yet.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680
welcome to the new "patch" .................
Rakasan
+7|6837|California, USA
try reinstalling BF2
Arkanon
+3|6696|London, UK
Yeah, I've had two crashes now, both of which I'm certain were caused by exiting commander mode. The first time I was being killed repeatedly in a fixed base. When I hit Home to exit the command screen to see where the enemy soldier was (he was real nearby, the sneaky bastard) my screen went beserk and the speakers started to emit a high-frequency squeal. I had to hard-reset the damned machine.

Second time, just now, I was killed by some daring son-of-a-bitch who'd snuck into the aircraft carrier where I was hiding. He blasted me with a Street Sweeper and I watched the countdown head to zero. When I came back to life, the screen went black. The hard disk was thrashing all of a sudden. The net connection had stopped blinking altogether. But, twenty seconds later, the sound came back, then the graphics. But the game was badly screwed up. Most of the HUD was not being displayed (in fact, I think only teammates' names were shown), and I could not get into the command screen.

I've played 170 hours in 1.12 with no such problem, and this new problem seems tied to commander mode. I won't bother playing as commander until this shit is fixed.
Masta_Daco
+39|6737|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
yeah my game crashes 1 of the 25 games i play it crashes i dont find it annoying cuz i am used to this shit now cuz of the patch before patch 1.2 it never happened but what the hell as long as i can play i am happy
RDMC_old
+0|6736|Almere, Holland

MooseRyder wrote:

I am so fuckin fed up with that game right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since the new patch the game dont stop fuckin crashing during or before a round!!!!!!!!

I was on wake , commander of the USMC, we were winning the round with a new strategy that works perfectly! I was going to get a gold medal (only my second one) we were having the airfield and the beach already as well as the north village and base!!!!!!!!!

Then THE STUPID FUCKIN GAME CRASH! It took us 5 rounds to finally start winning and it needs to crash!

Owh I thought I was the only one havin problems..I fucked up the patchin and ruining my game so I had to reinstall the game and now it keeps crashin from time to time due to patch 1.2 I guess cuz I never had that shit in patch 1.12..
Arkanon
+3|6696|London, UK
Just crashed again for me while I was commander. It only seems to be commander mode that causes problems for me. No idea why, because commander mode must be less demanding than the 3D view in soldier mode.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6679|Broadlands, VA
MooseRyder - I know this is the *last* thing you want to read, but have you tried completely removing BF2/SF & resinstalling?  Now, by "removing" I mean:

1) Run uninstall, reboot
2) Find and delete all files & folders
3) Run RegEdit (backup the registry first) hunt down all "Battlefield" entries and delete them
4) Reboot - make certain everything works
5) Reinstall BF2, patch, reinstall SF, patch, patch

I know, it's a pain - you should not have to do it but it sounds like there was a glitch during patching OR there was a glitch while you downloaded the patch.  Also, it seems that folks have solved this issue by reinstalling the FULL 1.2 patch, not just the 1.12 -> 1.2 patch.
Bananaman
+9|6639
How has it been crashing?

Mine has been rebooting my pc.  On the front of my pc is a small LED which i think tells you that your hard drive is doing something.  I can tell when the pc is going to crash because the light goes off and the HD doesnt make any sound, 10 seconds later... beep...computer reboots and windows loads up again.

sometimes this happens after 2 minutes of play, sometimes its after 40 minutes.     Any ideas?

I have a high spec pc btw and a 500w psu so i dont think its my hardware.
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6722|oregon

MooseRyder wrote:

Ok, uninstall Bf2 and SF, and reinstalll them. don't put on the new patch, there are around 150 servers still on 1.12, you will have to redownload 1.12, but the patch problems will not be there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard