Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The US has signed up to the UDHR for example, if the country hasn't got round to implementing it it simply demonstrates how slow and backwards it is
Nope. We never ratified it.
That was my point.
You have no point.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Close this thread please. He's not trying to do anything but troll. Again.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't think any University anywhere else in the world would be able to enforce this, I've never heard of Universities requiring students to sign contracts either.
why wouldn't any university be able to enforce it?  I want to hear why you think it's a bad idea.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't think any University anywhere else in the world would be able to enforce this, I've never heard of Universities requiring students to sign contracts either.
Umm, have you never seen Dazed and Confused? Have you never signed an agreement with your employer stating you won't do drugs? You're being obtuse.
We're talking about Universities and legal acts, not employers and illegal acts during work time.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Umm, have you never seen Dazed and Confused? Have you never signed an agreement with your employer stating you won't do drugs? You're being obtuse.
We're talking about Universities and legal acts, not employers and illegal acts during work time.
There's zero difference. They're both private institutions.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

why wouldn't any university be able to enforce it?  I want to hear why you think it's a bad idea.
How is preventing people doing normal things which are part of their human rights a good thing?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

How is preventing people doing normal things which are part of their human rights a good thing?
It's voluntary.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

There is also the direction of service and direction of payment, and illegal vs illegal.

Would an employer be able to dictate that an employee could not associate with black people outside work hours?
I reckon someone would come down on that like a ton of bricks, in terms of constitutional and human rights.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-03-04 16:24:03)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

it's not preventing them from doing anything.  They can fuck like rabbits all they want.  They just won't be able to go to that PRIVATE school.

premarital sexual intercourse is a human right...you're fucking crazy dude.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5248|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Freedom of association, expression and a right to a private life are human rights.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

There is also the direction of service and direction of payment, and illegal vs illegal.

Would an employer be able to dictate that an employee could not associate with black people outside work hours?
I reckon someone would come down on that like a ton of bricks, in terms of constitutional and human rights.
If it's voluntary, as any work agreement is, there's no issue.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Freedom of association, expression and a right to a private life are human rights.
IT'S FUCKING VOLUNTARY.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Feel free to report, or pm a mod, otherwise -> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=142177
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6421|'Murka

It's a private school. They can do what they want.

We get it. It involves religion. You don't like religion. So you stir the pot. So not predictable at all.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Most of the world has employment law which would prohibit this kind of thing.
If the only company in town prohibited employees from associating with black people it would barely count as voluntary either.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-03-04 16:29:02)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5248|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Feel free to report, or pm a mod, otherwise -> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=142177
what did i tell you about trying to be funny or clever
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If the only company in town prohibited employees from associating with black people it would barely count as voluntary either.
You can move.
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
+1,182|6421|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And the NCAA has gobs of restrictions placed on athletes that make no sense, either, that wouldn't fly for a second in the business world. You're comparing apples and armchairs.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

mormons...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

it's a private school, the kid willingly signed up and signed on.  Is this really a big deal in Australia?
No dilbert is just being a troll without doing his research. theres like only 3 private unis here.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

Dilbert_X wrote:

hahahahahahaha, you'd never last @ byu. snitching is a way of life, and you'd violate the honor code just by walking on campus.

do you reaLize, byu will not let you take a test if you have facial hair?

honestly, every baby conceived in Provo Utah is born one month premature- a healthy, 8 lb. bundle of joy. the 'rights' you give up are more than offset to be able to go back to your redneck town and brag that you bagged a 'chaste and virtuous mormon girl from byu' when really your bride to be has killed more sperm than you did . . .
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
dilbert its a private mormon university what do you expect. no one forced him to that school and its not like the only options.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

BYU, Mormons, Utah. explains it really.
Incredibly petty [e: on their part; also, self facepalm for quoting when i meant to hit edit]. The Mormons are getting even more anal about stuff, but it doesn't, of course, reflect the views of the entire membership.
FEOS
+1,182|6421|'Murka

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

BYU, Mormons, Utah. explains it really.
Incredibly petty. The Mormons are getting even more anal about stuff, but it doesn't, of course, reflect the views of the entire membership.
I don't the the policy is that specific, tbh.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard