Ravenatic20
+0|4816
Not sure why I can't rank up.  Here are my stats: [url=http://bf2s.com/player/64382589/]Clicky![/url]

So I am currently listed as a Master Sergeant.  Looking at the requirements for each rank ([url=http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php]another clicky[/url]), I should be First Sergeant.  I ran down all of the requirements I need for the rank.  Here they are:

Score: 20,000 - (I have ~38,000) - CHECK

Basic Knife Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Pistol Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Assault Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Sniper Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Support Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Engineer Combat Badge - CHECK
Basic Medic Combat Badge - CHECK

I got my last few awards after I was already a Master Sergeant.  Not sure if that matters, but I am not sure why I am not a First Sergeant yet.  I got my last required award over a month ago.  Any ideas?  Any help would be much appreciated.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6637|UK

Ravenatic20 wrote:

I got my last few awards after I was already a Master Sergeant.
It does matter. You needed to get those awards before being promoted to Master Sergeant. If you had had those awards you would now be a First Sergeant.

If my memory serves me correctly.
Ravenatic20
+0|4816

liquidat0r wrote:

Ravenatic20 wrote:

I got my last few awards after I was already a Master Sergeant.
It does matter. You needed to get those awards before being promoted to Master Sergeant. If you had had those awards you would now be a First Sergeant.

If my memory serves me correctly.
I believe you are correct.  I did not read deep enough on the "Ranks" page.    I will have to be sure I have my badges before Sergeant Major.  Thanks for your help!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6753|Reality
wow we still get posts like this.
the powers that be designed the ranking system like a committee designed a horse a.k.a. a giraffe.

when you reached 20 000 points the stats computer looked at your badges/achievements and made a choice: master sergeant or first sergeant.

it is one OR the other. since you are a master sergeant one or more of the requirements was not met when you accumulated 20 000 points. So you will never be a first sergeant.

you will face a similar conundrum at 50 000 points: master gunnery sergeant OR sergeant major. EDIT you have the required badges so you will be a sergeant major.

anyway it doesn't affect anything in game anyway.

check out the UBAR at the top of the page

Last edited by Stubbee (2011-03-01 05:26:17)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Ravenatic20
+0|4816
I see what I missed.  Thank you for your help.  I hate people like me so I understand your frustration lol.  Sorry for the thread but thanks again for your help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard