HeZaH
+0|4798
When I move my mouse 3 inches (sideways), my char will turn 720 degrees, but when I do this movement a bit faster, then my char would probably turn only like 540 degrees. Movement is also a bit jumpy.

I have used a lot of Google, but didnt find any solution for my problem.

system:
i5 750
4 gb ram
radeon 4890
windows 7
mouse:g500
resolution 1920x1080
QuickBird Driver
+1|5307|Colorado
I figure you have already done this, but I have to ask.  Have you fiddled with the adjustable sensitivity slider on the mouse to see if that makes a difference?  I have a G5, and I have to use the medium setting; otherwise, I am herky jerky on the most sensitive setting.  I can't remember if there is an acceleration option to mess with in the BF2 Options section.
HeZaH
+0|4798
Normally I use 2000 as dpi, but I have set dpi as 800 for this game. It is a bit smoother,  but still the movement is problematic.

I have to say, that I have such a problem in Max Payne's too.
QuickBird Driver
+1|5307|Colorado
If you are having a problem in more than one game, that points to something that is common for both like the mouse or a Windows setting.  I just used the SetPoint defaults for mine, but you can customize game settings in it.  Maybe that is an option.

I had to lower my BF2 Mouse Sensitivity setting to 0.80 in the Options screen, however, so that I could have fine control for sniping.  But, I am sure, that would be a personal preference, since everyone is different.
HeZaH
+0|4798
I dont have this kind of a problem in newer games (like bc2, mafia2, dragon age origins etc.). It seems that Windows 7 cause problems when playing older games. (same thing with two different pc's, but other one is running with 64 bit windows 7 )

I think that I'm going to install windows xp for older games.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Latest Win7 mouse driver installed?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
HeZaH
+0|4798
I have installed latest setpoint for windows 7, and I have also tried The MarkC Windows 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix. Still the problem is there.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5859|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
MarkC fix doesn't do anything at all if you uncheck enhance pointer precision, it only affects rare old games that enable enhance pointer precision while playing. The jumpy mouse is just a BF2 thing where you move it fast it loses tracking- notice it doesn't do it on any other games? Could be something to do with BF2's grid aiming system. Windows 7 mouse is always slightly laggy anyway- no fix for it.

Best mouse is XP with Anir's fix it's perfect, but still skips on BF2.

I play with 400dpi and 0.2 sens and it's more noticeable with a lower sens because you have to move the mouse more, so you could play with higher sens and you won't have that tracking issue, but you will lose accuracy because of high sens- so you'll have to deal with it.

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2011-03-07 08:32:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard