KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

did i ever tell the story how i was thrown in the drunk tank for running on to the field during the 2002 divisional playoffs between the Yankees and the Angels?

I got denied global entry status because of that charge. 17 fucking years later. Unbelievable. I got charged with trespassing. 5 years informal probation, fine, do not pass through TSA precheck.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto
Fuck. What were you drunk on?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3449
mod power!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
Serves you right! Stuff like that should follow you around for the rest of your life. Pretending you're a rally squirrel, I mean come on man.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3449

Pochsy wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You almost got caught smoking a joint in a dorm room at Uni?

Hey guys, look at this bad ass over here! Bartender, lemme get a boilermaker for this guy.

Were you sweating profusely? Here's a towel.
That's about it, yep. At the time I saw my future in the balance, so it was a whole lotta fear. There was sweat. I had to fight off Jordan at every house meeting who would always bring it up and look at me side-eyed.

This was traumatizing stuff, Ken. Show me more than a towel!
you nearly ruined your entire future. that could have been 5 years in prison for possession. in NYC that porter would have been a SWAT team, and would have shot you. etc etc
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

i was drinking beer. Just shit beer. Probably coors light. There was historical precedent-

My dad bought season tickets to the angels in 1978(?) when he first moved to Orange County. They won the pennant a year later, and he ran on the field and tried to dig up third base (our seats are on the third base side) but someone already beat him to it. Being 1979, there were a) a lot of people on the field celebrating, and b) zero fucks given by the police.

So I had to uphold the family legacy. It was also the first playoff series the Angels ever won, and it was on the way to a World Series title.

There were 17 of us that ran on the field, including my oldest brother. I thought we were going to get a slap on the wrist. Reality started sinking in when they were booking us in one of the tunnels and I saw the Anaheim paddy wagon show up.

I remember there was some dude that looked like Deidrich Bader from Office Space who had a little metal weed pipe in his pocket freaking out. It made me laugh.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
I was held up at gunpoint by armed police once.

They gave my guns back a few days later when the head of training for SO19 leant on the Chief Constable - who the freemasons killed a few years later.

Fun times.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3449
i suspect that a lot of dilbert's animus against me is because of my freemason connections.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was drinking beer. Just shit beer. Probably coors light. There was historical precedent-

My dad bought season tickets to the angels in 1978(?) when he first moved to Orange County. They won the pennant a year later, and he ran on the field and tried to dig up third base (our seats are on the third base side) but someone already beat him to it. Being 1979, there were a) a lot of people on the field celebrating, and b) zero fucks given by the police.

So I had to upload the family legacy. It was also the first playoff series the Angels ever won, and it was on the way to a World Series title.
Do you still have your thunder sticks?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

of course i do. I've got 30+ years of sports memorabilia. I have Angels tickets from when i was 5 years old.

I try to save all the tickets to sporting events, concerts, airline tickets, etc. I can. My experiences are what I cherish most. One day when I have early onset alzheimers from smoking pot out of aluminum cans when i was young, I'll be able to point to them and drool out some incoherent sentence, and that's pretty much what keeps me going.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

So I had to uphold the family legacy. It was also the first playoff series the Angels ever won, and it was on the way to a World Series title.

There were 17 of us that ran on the field, including my oldest brother. I thought we were going to get a slap on the wrist. Reality started sinking in when they were booking us in one of the tunnels and I saw the Anaheim paddy wagon show up.

I remember there was some dude that looked like Deidrich Bader from Office Space who had a little metal weed pipe in his pocket freaking out. It made me laugh.
Man, right after the events of Sept 2001 I'm surprised they didn't summarily execute you in that tunnel. Every cop at a major gathering would have been foaming at the mouth to fuck up some wastoids.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

of course i do. I've got 30+ years of sports memorabilia. I have Angels tickets from when i was 5 years old.

I try to save all the tickets to sporting events, concerts, airline tickets, etc. I can. My experiences are what I cherish most. One day when I have early onset alzheimers from smoking pot out of aluminum cans when i was young, I'll be able to point to them and drool out some incoherent sentence, and that's pretty much what keeps me going.
For me, it will be huffing DustOff or all the whippets. The wahwahs had to have done some permanent damage.
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto

Dilbert_X wrote:

Chief Constable - who the freemasons killed a few years later.
Wait what? The freemasons are out there killing police officers in Australia? Or was this one rogue guy who claimed he got whispered the direction at the monthly meeting?
uziq
+492|3449
it's heartwarming to see i am not the only degenerate.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

For me, it will be huffing DustOff or all the whippets. The wahwahs had to have done some permanent damage.
you haven't truly lived until you've leaked freon from the air conditioner at your parents' house into a large trash bag and wah wah wah'd 'til you were out cold.

Dilbert is taking notes to report us to the principal.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

Pochsy wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Chief Constable - who the freemasons killed a few years later.
Wait what? The freemasons are out there killing police officers in Australia? Or was this one rogue guy who claimed he got whispered the direction at the monthly meeting?
It was in the UK, he was corrupt as fuck and knew too much about the Royal Family's dirty deeds - having done them for them.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -dead.html
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

addition - i was with my dad during that game and told him what we were going to do and he essentially said, "cool, im not going to help you out". His stupid fucking LA detective jerkoff friend said we were idiots or something. We sure showed him!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

Pochsy wrote:

So I'm inspired to tell a story now that we're getting everyone's life arch figured out. I hadn't told it here when it happened because TSI and Winston_Churchill actually knew me at the school (I even took a class with TSI), and it was best I kept the two worlds apart for this one.

I was in second year, living in a dorm because it was a good price to be located in the dead center of campus and not have to rush to my classes, and decided I was going to get the night started early and invite a couple people over to celebrate. I think it was around 4pm on a Thursday because most people didn't have classes on Fridays. I lived 3 floors up from the porter's office in this building (pictures are nice):

So we're in my room and one guy lights a fucking joint right there, windows closed, door open, and starts huffing away. So I'm at first in damage control mode and slam the door shut, jam a towel under, and tell him to blow clouds out the now open window. I settle down, join in, and within about 5min the fat guy on porter duty is just BANGING down my door. Like he's trying to physically place himself in my room with all his might. Hollering shit like "I can smell what you're doing" and "I'm going to have to call the dean of students" (building next door, for the college, not the whole uni). Dude was livid.

The threat is there in my now inebriated mind, though. I can't let fat porter end my situation like this. I'm not out for blood or anything, and I know I can't talk sense into this guy, so I wait. I signal to the jebronis to stay quiet, butt the joint, and pretend we don't exist. Retard who lit the joint even turns off the lights. Nice. No way we're home, the lights are now off!

My neighbour, Jordan, now smells the dank and is out in the hall laughing his ass of exclaiming that the whole house stinks and that I'm fucked. So we wait. A long time. Like 20min. We hear them going down the stairwell, presumably to get the dean of students, and we spring into action.

We immediately run down the hall, light the joint in the bathroom, and huff that shit like we're Tommy Chong 10min out of prison.

It worked. When they called me to the porter's office I claimed I smelt the weed too, and that we couldn't tell where it was coming from. We argued it must have been someone down the hall. I even made a show of looking for the ashed joint in the bathroom, which, no shit I found because I placed it on the window sill. The dean of students never did get involved--she was away, and fat porter called me in before it was brought to her. He was satisfied that it was a misunderstanding, and that I was scared to open the door because he was hollering so much shit.

Anyways, Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me.
Yeah they definitely knew you guys were high and cut you a break. I had a kid come to my class high before. I just let him struggle to eat his egg and cheese bagel.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I robotripped in Kuwait on our way back from deployment. It was Christmas Eve and the only liquor we could find was like $70/pint so fuck that. So we went to the PX and bought up all the Robitussin DM. Chugged two bottles each and then we went and played bingo. Fuck yeah man, we played bingo! It hit me pretty hard, like I could hear and think perfectly clearly, but my vision was just colors and strobes. Ended up hooking up with some chubby reservist from Pennsylvania in the back of a hummer. Not the worst Christmas I've ever experienced.
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto
The fat porter was actually a decent guy, so you might totally be right. Maybe in the 15min between him going down the stairs and me standing in the porter's office he decided he didn't want to end me for being so stupid. I think he was a 4th year that lived in a house at the end of the building, so I saw him around a bunch after that. He never brought it up or hinted that he knew what happened.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

Jay wrote:

I robotripped in Kuwait on our way back from deployment. It was Christmas Eve and the only liquor we could find was like $70/pint so fuck that. So we went to the PX and bought up all the Robitussin DM. Chugged two bottles each and then we went and played bingo. Fuck yeah man, we played bingo! It hit me pretty hard, like I could hear and think perfectly clearly, but my vision was just colors and strobes. Ended up hooking up with some chubby reservist from Pennsylvania in the back of a hummer. Not the worst Christmas I've ever experienced.
Robotripping is a lot of fun. Too much of it will turn your brain into Swiss cheese and the other chemicals can kill you in high dosages though.

I do look forward to that and LSD when I get my teacher or police pension.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I do look forward to that and LSD when I get my teacher or police pension.
Do they randomly drug test you at your teaching job?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
lol no. I have a union.
uziq
+492|3449

Pochsy wrote:

The fat porter was actually a decent guy, so you might totally be right. Maybe in the 15min between him going down the stairs and me standing in the porter's office he decided he didn't want to end me for being so stupid. I think he was a 4th year that lived in a house at the end of the building, so I saw him around a bunch after that. He never brought it up or hinted that he knew what happened.
this is pretty much the norm with all students. nobody is going to throw the book at a student and ruin their life for some minor drug offence or mishap. it's not in the interests of anyone to do so.

of course it's classist and racist as shit, and it would be different if you were in queens, NY and not at preppy UoT, but that's your great ethical burden to bear.

in the states you can basically get away with raping someone if you can swim real good or throw a football.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 18:50:42)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

uziq wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

this is pretty much the norm with all students. nobody is going to throw the book at a student and ruin their life for some minor drug offence or mishap. it's not in the interests of anyone to do so.

of course it's classist and racist as shit, and it would be different if you were in queens, NY and not at preppy UoT, but that's your great ethical burden to bear.
It is a lot of paperwork to fail a kid or kick them out of school. I only ever failed one kid for the year because he was aggressive, and rude on top of being lazy. I may have given you guys a lot of stories about me being mean or teasing kids but at the end of the year I will pass everyone. Believe it or not but I am a "cool teacher".

I fear you guys may have the wrong impression of me based off of my post.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard