Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
He should reflect on how lucky he is not to be living in a blanket with a cardboard sign 'will debase self for credits'
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Uzique almost became an anecdote to scare teenagers.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
I'm surprised you guys remember this at all, cause this story rang no bells for me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
It was in EE Chats? This was back when you would get 10 pages of EE Chats in a day.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Dilbert_X wrote:

Here we go:

Uzique wrote:

summary of uzique's last 4 days

hypoxia
seratonin syndrome
vasoconstriction and cell death in hands and feet
hyperthermia
tachycardia which led to a
ventricular fibrillation occasioning a
myocardial infarction
sleep deprivation on top contributing to
methamphetamine psychosis; dysphoria and anhedonia

safe to say i am gonna be living like BUBBLE BOY for the next 3 months

fucked up so bad i almost gave the doc a heart attack himself

play smart

Uzique wrote:

bail is the period they grant you whereupon your own liberty and freedom is subject to the state and majesty, i.e. im out at their/her 'leisure'

basically a period of a month where they test the drugs at the lab and look over my case, pending either further investigation/sentencing or a release. they can't keep me in custody for the month-long period that the lab-testing process takes. im hoping i'll get off without any conviction. until then, my landlord has decided to terminate my contract so im out of a house during my final essay / exam period. will either be working from home or sleeping on friend's couches for the month. gre-eat. if i pass this year (after filing for extenuating circumstances in considering my essay-quality/late deadlines) then i'll be back next year. hopefully. fresh house, fresh housemates, fresh start. fuck the addiction. fuck the legal side of things. me and my ex are still on good terms, thank god. even though she called the cops in the first place it was only because i was gonna fucking top myself. dont blame her for anything; she couldn't have anticipated the cops and my landlord/university having such a shit-brick over the entire thing.

yada yada keep the troll comments and shit to a minimum. i didnt walk around with a knife. i had an 8 inch blade in my room and a lot of drugs that was either gonna contribute towards an overdose or cut wrists. the fear of harm incurred on my other housemates and my 'distressing' text messages to the ex-girlfriend (telling her to get out of the house; to be far away when the shit hits the fan) constituted assault and harassment according to the police who raided her phone and whipped my ass. im 20 years old. im learning, maybe the  hardest fucking way. dont need any smartassery, love you lots xoxo
So you were hospitalised for illegal drug use, you weren't released without charge, you did have a large knife and people were concerned for their safety, the Police and the university authoriities were involved, you were using illegal class A drugs while at university

Or you made it all up for some reason.
This story is actually made me think of all of the negative things women have to go through on account of dealing with men. Like his 19 year old girlfriend probably just wanted to go college, experience adulthood, and be happy and instead her crazed drug addict ex-boyfriend is threatening to evict her at knife-point.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/86ccd3580a009e5de8ec90cb1434fe13/8ff1ee5ac1644de2-7c/s540x810/66df39060c63bc10444b538c578ae4ce85be87b9.gif
uziq
+492|3445
haha, what a thing to wake up to.

NONE of those medical things happened to me. i must have been off my tooter linking a list of medical conditions. a heart attack and psychosis? lmao. dilbert i’ll PM you my medical history if you absolutely insist, you’ll see a bunch of vaccines from about 2003 and nothing else. half my family work in the NHS. if i had a major medical episode i would have been pulled out of university and my life would be a bit different.

oh i forgot the knife thing. you said a carving knife which made me sound like rambo. again, another bit of melodrama on my part. ‘an eight inch blade’. hahaha. i had few sets of used dinner plates in my room. on my bedside table, where they found the packet of drugs, was a a plate with a knife and powder on it. i mean a regular dinner knife, not a large serrated blade. they took that and a bunch of other shit from my bedside table (including a female friend’s university card — this is all basically shit for cutting lines with) as ‘possible evidence’. none of that stuff was in the write up or even mentioned the next morning. i actually have no idea what could have happened to it. they threw it out? do you think they’d let a student who was threatening to go rambo with a blade walk out into the daylight the next morning? errrrrr.

the university ‘authorities’ were told, that’s true. again, i egged that up to make it seem more severe than it was. the university don’t have ‘authorities’. they referred me to the campus well-being services and two of the community wardens dropped by our house later that week. they offered me counselling on campus etc etc. it wasn’t a punitive thing and didn’t involve my academic department (why would it?) i went on to graduate top of my class and was given a full ride scholarship ffs (which i’m pretty sure i also linked pictures to here). i didn’t fall foul of any authorities; i was practically the department’s golden boy in those years.

@ mac: haha yeah that sounds great but it wasn’t like that at all. it WAS a lot of teenaged drama and we do all laugh about it now. she was the wrong person for me and i was callow and clueless. we spent most of our first year together basically becoming co-dependent. but actually it only became negative when literally every other male housemate fell in love with her and this house full of clueless, first time away from home teenagers all started bristle up against one another. she was quite manipulative and attention seeking; one week i’d be in the bed, the next she couldn’t possibly talk to me, etc etc. i was so young and head over heels that i couldn’t make sense of it.

i have no doubt i was a nightmare housemate because at that point, to counter her mind games, i was just throwing huge parties for months on end. everyone else in that house had wanted to call the police or council or whatever to put at end to it for ages. it was just a total failure of cohabitation by a bunch of people who had only known one another for a few months prior, with a hot girl in the middle of it. couple that with the fact that a new wonder drug had arrived and everyone was getting off their rocker and it’s a potent brew. nobody was a ‘crazed drug addict’. nobody died or even left university. we’re all slightly nostalgic for that time. the drugs were cheap and the parties were numerous.

it’s slightly weird that dilbert has hung on to all those posts. you surely must know how silly things like that come to seem as time rolls on. i was essentially miserable over a first love and a failing relationship. those terrible feelings last about as long as the relationship; you don’t carry them with you forever. it was nowhere near as bad as my posts made out. i seem to have been doing the exaggerated doomed-rockstar drug taker act. i’m sure it all did seem very grandiose and dramatic back then when i was narrating it. his insistence ‘that i dodged prison or homelessness’ is just his usual moronic hot takes on the law. i was a harmless little middle-class boy in a leafy surrey village throwing house parties. not exactly maximum custodial sentence territory.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 00:26:03)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Dilbert probably just went through your first accounts karma history. Want a trip down memory lane? Look at your old karma.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So now you're saying you made it all up?

I don't believe you.
uziq
+492|3445

Pochsy wrote:

uziq wrote:

i didn't actually take any illegal drugs when i was a student.
Nothing? Somehow this is the most shocking part of the whole thing
oh and yeah, i didn’t take ANY illegal drugs at university. it’s really hard to describe the context. we were a bunch of nice children from good backgrounds at a castle in the countryside outside london. it wasn’t really a ‘moves to the big city’ university experience: more a continuation of boarding school. the only drug available on campus was probably weed. i wouldn’t know because i’ve never smoked anything in my life, not even a single salutary cigarette. (i feel like stoner weed culture is very different in north america than here.)

none of us had access to drugs or knew a drug dealer. i grew up in a smallish provincial, affluent town and went to university in a smallish, provincial affluent town. alcohol was it. in the second year, the legal drug thing kicked off in a big way. you’d order them from websites and they’d be delivered by the post the next day in neat, branded little packets. with your amazon order. there was no sense of doing something illegal at all. never interacted with dealers. the only ‘dealers’ we ever met were people from our group who bought huge batches at once and sold them on for pizza money.

dabbling in MDMA came during postgraduate, i lived in london proper by that point. class A’s and ‘serious’ (in dilbert’s view) illegality wasn’t part of this period that dilbert is alluding to, with my relationship meltdown. i was for a period a most unhappy and dramatic kid living very unhappily with an ex, is about as bad as my undergraduate experience got. no depraved criminality.

nobody had even seen cocaine until we were all working graduate jobs as young professionals. what sort of cocaine dealer hangs around broke teenaged students on gated satellite campuses? it was not even on our horizons.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 00:51:46)

uziq
+492|3445

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't believe you.
do you really think i had a compounded list of symptoms involving a heart attack and psychosis at 19 or 20? come on FFS. i know you’re naive when it comes to drugs but that is pushing it. half of it is just scary-sounding nonsense from wikipedia. ‘vasoconstriction’. what, like you get from drinking a coffee? i laughed when i read that.

i think the problem is that i probably wanted to come across as very seasoned and very ‘initiated’ and hardcore when i was 19, when in fact i was incredibly green and just dabbling with my first attempt at living away from home, having an adult relationship, taking drugs, etc. it’s pretty funny that you’re interrogating a 30 year old now and expecting him to feel contrite about a bunch of exaggerations made by a clueless teenager. what’s more likely dilderp?

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 00:42:11)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Well I think we all learned a valuable lesson today: don't throw stones in glass houses if you haven't deleted your old post.
uziq
+492|3445
you made out that me and KJ have been harried by drugs and you are doing fine. i have one good anecdote about getting arrested and have spent my 20s without a hitch. i graduated top of my class and was never affected in any way by that episode, save for a few months of being a miserable heartbroken sod feeling sorry for myself. i don't know how you're going to make out we have been 'afflicted' by drug use.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
You never fully recover from drug addiction. It's always there to get you. It's like having a gay experience. Nothing will ever erase that stain.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Oh OK, so you just talked non-stop about taking cocaine and dozens of other drugs so people would think you're one of the cool kids.

I think I understand now.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The nerds on 2010 bf2s were probably impressed and didn't want him to flame them.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't believe you.
did anyone really think a kid with world of warcraft and tf2 addictions was really doing even 1% of what he claimed? He's a nerd.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3445
i only played games in my first year of university, actually. didn't play anything in my second or third years (and hardly have since then). all the partying did happen. i mostly spent my university years and early 20s in a long-term relationship with a much better girlfriend. i was very in love and having a lot of fun.

i don't remember ever talking about cocaine, because it wasn't around. mephedrone was firestorming around most of the UK at that time. the rest all came in my early 20s when i was working and making money. i can't even remember if i was posting on here during that period. 95% of my cocaine talk has been me and dilbert arguing endlessly in the booze thread in the last year or whatever.

i can't even be bothered to engage with the 'you do it to make yourself look cool' thing. i actually don't know when that ever applies to anyone. in all cases i can think of, friends and non-friends, people choose to take drugs because they're fun. it didn't make us particularly popular or admired in a lot of the circles at a posh, uptight university.

as for someone who was variously depressed, ecstatic, and everything in between, absolutely i made shit up on a forum for my own amusement or to dramatize my own 'decline'. i was 19/20 at the time. i'm sure some of it even felt like the end of the world at the time too; i was lovesick over my first ever serious relationship. jesus christ. what were you doing again? didn't it take you until your mid-20s to accept uncle sam's help and stop being a deadbeat?

i have literally zero regrets about that entire time. i continue to not regret taking drugs as and when i please now, too. that's what annoys dilbert and makes him want to find some chink in the account. he's a moralist and will only be happy if the student-hedonist got his proper comeuppance. but i didn't. i'm still friends with the same group (who are still taking drugs and still, shock horror, leading successful lives) and i patched things up handily with the kryptonite-girl. no regarets.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 07:37:58)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So you're still saying 'I made it all up for lolz' - consistently, over an entire decade.

At this point why would anyone believe anything you've said in the past or say now?

Is there any truth in your story about your brother, or is that another Walter Mittyish fantasy developed to gain sympathy and notoriety?
It does sound more fantastical and unlikely than your other 'stories', and you don't seem to have put as much effort into it TBH.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto

Dilbert_X wrote:

So you're still saying 'I made it all up for lolz' - consistently, over an entire decade.

At this point why would anyone believe anything you've said in the past or say now?

Is there any truth in your story about your brother, or is that another Walter Mittyish fantasy developed to gain sympathy and notoriety?
It does sound more fantastical and unlikely than your other 'stories', and you don't seem to have put as much effort into it TBH.
I'm just chiming in the stir the pot:

uzi also claimed to be a student at Magdalen College, Oxford for a few years.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3445
yeah, and i was about 14 at the time! haha. i mean christ.

good try dilbert.

all the events i described happened -- but i was a 19 year old on drugs narrating a slow-motion break-up. why are you acting so surprised that exaggeration and melodrama were part of it? why are you surprised that it doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world to me at 30?

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 16:24:39)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
When in fact he went to a tenth rate college in Bumfuck nowheresville.

Also a top-flight FPS pro-gamer, now he just played WoW for a year.

Fun fact: I did once address a letter to the Oxford Pistol Captain 'Maudlin College, Oxford'.
I've been trolling since before Al Gore invented the internet.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

all the events i described happened -- but i was a 19 year old on drugs narrating a slow-motion break-up. why are you acting so surprised that exaggeration and melodrama were part of it? why are you surprised that it doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world to me at 30?
Its bizarre that anyone would create so many bizarre and grandiose fantasies.

But now you're living in Bristol, centre of the cultural universe, so it all makes sense.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5536|Toronto

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

But now you're living in Bristol, centre of the cultural universe, so it all makes sense.
Or is he setting up the next tale, Dil? How can we know? Is there nothing sacred on the internet?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

it's real to me, DAMNIT!
uziq
+492|3445

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

But now you're living in Bristol, centre of the cultural universe, so it all makes sense

Also a top-flight FPS pro-gamer, now he just played WoW for a year.
the timeline isn't actually that complicated. i played games a lot when growing up in provincial nowheresville, pre-university. i played for several pretty high-level FPS teams, yes, but nothing incredible. it was an era when lots of people joined clans, went to LANs, competed on leagues. it was pre-'esports' and pre cash prizes. yes i played wow and fps games at the same time. so did just about everyone in the call of duty 1/2 community in the Xfire days.

the only game i have played since 2011/2 ish for more than about an hour is the recent revival of wow:classic. and a great fucking trip down memory lane it has been, too.

why the fuck does any of this matter to you? lmao heaven alive. like having to re-trace an entire decade.

year one of university i met kypton-girl. still playing a bit of tf2 in halls but not for any teams. still posting on here, evidently.

start of year two i moved into trouble house. same summer legal drugs exploded. the long, slow and very publicly aired period of relationship troubles began. i was obviously using this forum as an agony aunt to bounce off my own negative feelings. it was undoubtedly a rough patch in my life. 19 and living with an ex in a toxic atmosphere, with your own friends snitching on you and spying on your browsers, was a very very weird situation. we were all young and immature. but was i near-death on drug overdoses? was i near to being imprisoned for 5 years? that's sensationalist, exaggerated claptrap. i was obviously narrating it as the biggest disaster ever in the world at the time, because, you know, i was a kid. the only reason you find this hard to grasp is because you think all drugs should be a death sentence or moral example. i was sad, drugs were involved, one time i spent a night in some cells because a high-tension housing situation boiled over. i wasn't hospitalised on the brink of death and i was certainly nowhere near being sent to prison. that isn't how the justice system works, dilderp.

end of year two of university i met a danish girl, continued to party but my life took a different direction. i was madly in love and we were together for about 6 years after, well into my mid-20s and working life. great time in which i didn't post here that much i don't think. i wasn't playing any video games, for a start. i probably hit my drug-experiences peak during my postgrad year at UCL (not a 10th rate university, by the by, but my ego can take your swipes, uhu). good times.

about 2/3 years after leaving london, still in long-term university relationship, my brother had his accident. life changed in a big way. worst thing to ever happen to me. i was at my long-term gf's house the morning i got the phonecall, saying to come home immediately. that relationship, which i would still class as the love of my life, didn't survive the strain in the long drawn out haul. being a little more experienced than 19, i expect my forum posts at the time were a little less melodramatic. no self-pitying drug binges, unfortunately.

hope that timeline makes sense dilbert! please look out for the forthcoming autobiography. it will be in all good bookstores. i'm truly glad you care so much. it's a great relief to me to have such an attendant reader.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-15 16:43:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard