Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6016|Vortex Ring State
hehehe,

only the EU is sending military advisers

from previous US wars (vietnam, ahem) military advisers are the first step up to a more committed engagement, involving lots of ground troops
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5254|Cleveland, Ohio
it wasnt just US advisors in nam
Trotskygrad
бля

11 Bravo wrote:

well we have CIA agents on the ground in Libya too

and well yeah there were soviet advisors
11 Bravo
Banned
right so now we are doing predator drone strikes.

hmmm...

so we are not at war according to obama and we are not taking sides according to obama yet drone strikes?  working great in pakistan aint it?

never thought i would say this but bring bush back.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
No terroristic attacks on the US mainland under Obama dude. System works.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
guess so.  although you can argue some of the bush era stuff helped stop some..which btw obama is continuing
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't believe anything Bush did helped at all, Obama is not helping either.

Funding AQ in Libya is not the smartest act.
11 Bravo
Banned
true.  bush helped obama get elected lol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
On the plus side Obama is helping Palin get elected.

You should be pleased.
11 Bravo
Banned
nah i dont like her
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

Trotskygrad wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

And many others, as well
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

11 Bravo wrote:

nah i dont like her
I'm not seeing anyone better, or hotter.
11 Bravo
Banned

FEOS wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

And many others, as well
thank you i was trying to lead a horse to water.....

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-22 09:19:39)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6016|...
Libya is a shithole and I have no idea why France actually wanted to intervene.  It's as if they really went in there solely for humanitarian reasons
inane little opines
Commie Killer
+192|6404

Shocking wrote:

Libya is a shithole and I have no idea why France actually wanted to intervene.  It's as if they really went in there solely for humanitarian reasons
They went there because they don't want a rush of immigrants. They went there because they were the old colonial power and they feel guilty. They went there because they like to have a secure oil supply (who doesn't? I don't blame them at all. Anyone who wouldn't do it is stupid). They went there because helping Arabs fight a brutal dictator is good politics (France does have problems with Muslims all the time after all). They went there because the country is right across the Med. They went there cause its a good excuse to fuck up Daffie. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't fault anyone really. It was good politics. We just went about it in a really really shitty way.

EDIT: Which is starting to come close to negating any benefits we will receive from the whole fuck up.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2011-04-22 11:54:21)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Commie Killer wrote:

Shocking wrote:

They went there because they don't want a rush of immigrants. They went there because they were the old colonial power and they feel guilty. They went there because they like to have a secure oil supply (who doesn't? I don't blame them at all. Anyone who wouldn't do it is stupid). They went there because helping Arabs fight a brutal dictator is good politics (France does have problems with Muslims all the time after all). They went there because the country is right across the Med. They went there cause its a good excuse to fuck up Daffie. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't fault anyone really. It was good politics. We just went about it in a really really shitty way.

EDIT: Which is starting to come close to negating any benefits we will receive from the whole fuck up.
??? France was never in Libya. Cote D'Ivore I can understand but the whole colonial thing is irrelevant in Libya. It's more about the French flexing their military muscle due to their decline in power. Italy is the old colonial master you're looking for...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

A little bit of comic nerdery on my part for digging this up from 1986:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/blcty-may12-86.gif
Commie Killer
+192|6404

Cybargs wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Shocking wrote:

??? France was never in Libya. Cote D'Ivore I can understand but the whole colonial thing is irrelevant in Libya. It's more about the French flexing their military muscle due to their decline in power. Italy is the old colonial master you're looking for...
Yeah my mistake. Thinking Algeria. Who the hell knows how I got those two screwed up. Your right as well. Everyone once in a while some people need to die so people don't forget who has the guns.

That said. Its pathetic to see how far the military powers of Europe have fallen.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Commie Killer wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah my mistake. Thinking Algeria. Who the hell knows how I got those two screwed up. Your right as well. Everyone once in a while some people need to die so people don't forget who has the guns.

That said. Its pathetic to see how far the military powers of Europe have fallen.
It's mostly coz of the destruction caused by WW2 and Europe spending a lot more money on social programs than military while the US defends Europe from the Soviet threat.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6341|Graz, Austria
News flash from the future:
"Nicolas Sarkozy, hero of the Libyan revolution, won his second and final term in a landslide victory in the 2012 French presidential election held in April and May this year."

Commie Killer
+192|6404

Cybargs wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

It's mostly coz of the destruction caused by WW2 and Europe spending a lot more money on social programs than military while the US defends Europe from the Soviet threat.
They were still very respectable in 90. Once the Russians left their door step the lack of a obvious enemy kinda fucked funding.
Trotskygrad
бля

FEOS wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

And many others, as well
indeed

not saying that there were not.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

Cybargs wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

confirming the UK didn't re-engineer their entire fleet to focus on defending the north sea against any russian incursions, we didn't have tank divisions and nuclear weapons sat in Germany nor did the RAF spend (a fortune) developing nuclear weapons and bombers to deliver them. What actually happened was we sat around spreading everyones money out and let America do everything

retard.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned
good job you fucking idiots.  kill one of his sons and some of his grandchildren.  no fly zone?  really?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

FatherTed wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

confirming the UK didn't re-engineer their entire fleet to focus on defending the north sea against any russian incursions, we didn't have tank divisions and nuclear weapons sat in Germany nor did the RAF spend (a fortune) developing nuclear weapons and bombers to deliver them. What actually happened was we sat around spreading everyones money out and let America do everything

retard.
No, the social policies of the government were more willing to spend on social programs than military development. Almost all European countries post WW2 started focusing more on social programs than defense. THIS DOES NOT MEAN there was 0 spending on defense, it's just their focus from military spending switched to social spending.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard