Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6549|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Wiki wrote:

Britain regarded the war as a slideshow
You have to admit that it does make for a really neat Powerpoint presentation.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5403|foggy bottom

Dilbert_X wrote:

No.

How is a pilot more vulnerable to a SAM than an infantryman is to a tank round?

If you're deploying ground troops to protect civilians wouldn't it make sense to vapourise every enemy tank, in their base, deployed or whatever?
infantry could maintain a defilade position
Tu Stultus Es
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6468|New Haven, CT

Dilbert_X wrote:

No.

If you're deploying ground troops to protect civilians wouldn't it make sense to vapourise every enemy tank, in their base, deployed or whatever?
Dormant and ostensibly unused tanks don't pose an immediate and unavoidable threat if activated, unlike an air defense system.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
"ostensibly unused"

w t f
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6468|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

"ostensibly unused"

w t f
lol i love how anytime i post here i cant count on you to play language nazi.

anyways dilbert says that you dont conclude military hardware is active until its shooting at you already hence "ostensibly unused" makes perfect sense in the sentence. 'dormant' describes the proximate state, 'ostensibly unused' describes the perceived reason for this state, namely reluctant or cautious assumption that it is not intended to be utilized for any military action.

honestly i don't see how it is in anyway confusing and complicated.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
just stop typing.

or take a writing class.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6765|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

was like never seen before?

ok now you need to show me some proof.  have had about enough of this crap being tossed around with no solid proof.
wake up mekstizzle
It was all over the news, and not just western news. It's not my fault that you'll dismiss it all as pro-Obama propaganda either. If you couldn't be bothered to follow this before it became a fucking warzone that isn't my fault.

Shit, read the wiki on it if you must. I'm sure the article has plenty of citations/links about it all. Like I said, you're just going to dismiss everything as propaganda anyway, so why ask?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5381|Cleveland, Ohio

no sorry mek.  never heard that.  please explain.  im sure most people on this board might not agree with your statement.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6468|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

just stop typing.

or take a writing class.
k dawg u gonna have 2 explain dat cuz i never learn nothin like it dawg
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6555|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

No.

How many more times/ways does it need to be explained? Tank rounds don't maneuver or have guidance systems; tank rounds generally aren't cued by C2 centers...the list goes on and on. And has been provided. Repeatedly. And yet you persist as if it hasn't. Like English is a second or third language for you or something. It's getting ludicrous.

Dilbert_X wrote:

No, unless they move to within a certain distance of your position (usually referred to as a "red line").
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5502|London, England
The speech Obama gave tonight sounded a lot like the one Bush gave 8 years ago...

The primary difference was in tone. Obama sounded defensive. Bush sounded like he was a cowboy.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6641

yee haw
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5618|Ventura, California
I want a picture of Bush in a cowboy outfit on a horse with an M16 slung behind his back and an american flag in one hand as he charges Baghdad.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6919|Moscow, Russia
how does a clown become president on the usa?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6250|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

No.

Tank rounds don't maneuver or have guidance systems; tank rounds generally aren't cued by C2 centers...the list goes on and on.
So what? None if this is relevant.

Anti-personnel rounds don't have guidance systems or C2 centres, they're pretty effective though, and can be fired from 'ostensibly dormant' tanks pretty quickly.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6250|eXtreme to the maX

Shahter wrote:

how does a clown become president on the usa?
Its a two party system, they take turns.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

I think George H. W. Bush was the last president to serve one term. Who was preceded by a republican.. no they don't take turns.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

Turkey blocks no fly zone. France wants a non-nato body to lead operations. Quagmire
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned

11 Bravo wrote:

no sorry mek.  never heard that.  please explain.  im sure most people on this board might not agree with your statement.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

We're not at war. We're just meeting with rebel leaders, building ties with the opposition, and bombing targets at their request. http://twitter.com/AP/status/52657692845670400
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6555|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

No.

Tank rounds don't maneuver or have guidance systems; tank rounds generally aren't cued by C2 centers...the list goes on and on.
So what? None if this is relevant.

Anti-personnel rounds don't have guidance systems or C2 centres, they're pretty effective though, and can be fired from 'ostensibly dormant' tanks pretty quickly.
JHTDC. It's absolutely relevant. It's the very nature of the threat. If something is non-maneuverable or less maneuverable than its target, it's easier to defeat, the opposite situation makes it less so. The chance for survival of infantry vs tank is much higher than plane vs IADS.

Seriously. You know not of what you speak. Just stop.

Last edited by FEOS (2011-03-29 03:19:12)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned

Kmar wrote:

We're not at war. We're just meeting with rebel leaders, building ties with the opposition, and bombing targets at their request. http://twitter.com/AP/status/52657692845670400
gay
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

Careless
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned
ok that word works also

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard