Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Shocking wrote:

I distinctly remember just a month ago you agreed to Georgia being offenders of human rights in regard to S-Ossetia, I brought that up in the Israel/Palestine thread.

You realise this yet did not approve of the Russian invasion? Then what the hell were they supposed to do, just bitch in the UN for eternity while people are getting slapped around? They knew there was no way they could've gotten UN security council support because 3 out of 5 permanent members would never agree.
Exactly. No international consensus = no mandate to invade.

There are only two legitimate reasons for use of military force, mandate by international consensus or to defend your own territory.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
OK so according to you the Russians should have just accepted that the western world dominates the UN, meaning that no consesus will ever be reached on its close associates.

Can you understand when I label that mindset "completely retarded"?
inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6251|eXtreme to the maX
110 Cruise missiles fired, so much for the US keeping out of this one.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Shocking wrote:

OK so according to you the Russians should have just accepted that the western world dominates the UN, meaning that no consesus will ever be reached on its close associates.

Can you understand when I label that mindset "completely retarded"?
Those are the rules. Everyone has to play by them.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
A lot of them came from british submarines as well.

Besides, a couple cruise missiles is peanuts.
inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...

Bertster7 wrote:

So because the UN is essentially controlled by the west its only fair that everyone else should play by our rules?
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5503|London, England
Mods, do lowing and berster have the same ip address?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

So because the UN is essentially controlled by the west its only fair that everyone else should play by our rules?
They're not "our" rules. It's international law. It's been laid out by the entire international community.

Just because most people on this forum seem to have no respect for international law whatsoever, that doesn't mean I hold the same opinion. I think my position is pretty clear and is always entirely consistent with this.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6251|eXtreme to the maX

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

If Russia and China slapped in  few vetoes now and then the balance would change.
But then the US would just go ahead and do what it wanted anyway, eg the Iraq invasion.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5113|Dundee, Scotland.
The UK, the US and France have begun attacking Libya to enforce a UN-mandated no-fly zone

More than 110 missiles have been fired by the UK and US, the Pentagon says

UK Prime Minister David Cameron says launching military action against Libya is "necessary, legal and right"

French aircraft are preventing forces loyal to Libyan leader Col Gaddafi from attacking the rebel-held city of Benghazi, French President Nicolas Sarkozy says after a meeting of world leaders in Paris

Libyan state TV Al-Jamahiriyah claims civilian targets in Tripoli have been bombed by aircraft of the "crusader enemy"

jaysus.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6591|Amsterdam‫
BREAKING: Aljazeera: 'Dutch planes landed on Italy military base.' So we're in again... no statement heard from PM yet
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...

Bertster7 wrote:

They're not "our" rules. It's international law. It's been laid out by the entire international community.
That's the biggest load of bullshit, the only dictators and offenders of human rights that have been brought to the hague criminal court are the ones we did not support. We have been manipulating the UN for god knows how long, it's an illusion that the UN somehow represents the "international community".

Oh and by the way the UN also allows Russian incursions in Chechnya because it doesn't want to mess with the Ruskis, cowards to boot.

Bertster7 wrote:

Just because most people on this forum seem to have no respect for international law whatsoever, that doesn't mean I hold the same opinion. I think my position is pretty clear and is always entirely consistent with this.
It's a farce

Last edited by Shocking (2011-03-19 14:49:44)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

If Russia and China slapped in  few vetoes now and then the balance would change.
But then the US would just go ahead and do what it wanted anyway, eg the Iraq invasion.
right. Best to just not bother asking for permission like them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6645|so randum
Anyone have a breakdown of whats being deployed by who?

For the UK i gather Eurofighter, Typhoon GR4s, VC10 tankers, Sentinel and Nimrod. Unoffcially probably 2 Vanguard class
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

That's the biggest load of bullshit, the only dictators and offenders of human rights that have been brought to the hague criminal court are the ones we did not support. We have been manipulating the UN for god knows how long, it's an illusion that the UN somehow represents the "international community".

Bertster7 wrote:

It's a farce
Because everything else gets vetoed by the security council. Doesn't mean the rules themselves are the problem, but the process used within the UN could certainly do with improvement.

I would like to see the end of the veto and would like to see resolutions implemented by having a very healthy majority in the general assembly.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6591|Amsterdam‫
2151: The Libyan leader adds that the Mediterranean has become a "ground of war".
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...

FatherTed wrote:

For the UK i gather Eurofighter, Typhoon GR4s, VC10 tankers, Sentinel and Nimrod. Unoffcially probably 2 Vanguard class
France has Rafales in the air and is sending the carrier Charles de Gaulle to Libya, probably a couple (aircraft)tankers and maybe some older Mirages. US has an aircraft carrier around that position.

NL sending F16s to Italy.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-03-19 14:53:14)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bertster7 wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's a farce
Because everything else gets vetoed by the security council. Doesn't mean the rules themselves are the problem, but the process used within the UN could certainly do with improvement.

I would like to see the end of the veto and would like to see resolutions implemented by having a very healthy majority in the general assembly.
Most of the world would rather have the UN abolished. No one wants your one world government.
-Frederick Bastiat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

FatherTed wrote:

And 2 frigates.

There are loads of reports of various countries sending this and that...

The French have sent destroyers, Rafales, Mirages and an aircraft carrier.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6645|so randum

Bertster7 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

And 2 frigates.

Which ships did the UK sent?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Jay wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's a farce

Most of the world would rather have the UN abolished. No one wants your one world government.
Not the case. Most of the world quite like the UN. It is far more hated in the US than in most places.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...

Bertster7 wrote:

There will always be one dominant entity in the UN. It's like a universal law. If you have more power and influence at your disposal you sure as hell aren't going to back down for some insignificant shit country because a piece of paper tells you to.

The UN does not and cannot work.
inane little opines
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5113|Dundee, Scotland.

FatherTed wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

And 2 frigates.

one of the t-boats in the navy have launched tomahawks.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

FatherTed wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

And 2 frigates.

HMS Westminster and HMS Cumberland
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Shocking wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

There will always be one dominant entity in the UN. It's like a universal law. If you have more power and influence at your disposal you sure as hell aren't going to back down for some insignificant shit country because a piece of paper tells you to.

The UN does not and cannot work.
In your opinion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard