Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
Just like banks, phone companies are raping you and you will have to admit: you like it!
My plan includes unlimited incoming and outgoing. but holy smoking cow.

http://gthing.net/the-true-price-of-sms-messages
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

Wait... you actually get charged to receive text messages over there? Fucking hell you lot really do get screwed on mobile services (given that you often seem to get charged for other stuff we take for granted over here).
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
Rofl. Sucks to be America. Say I used all 3000 texts in my 'unlimited' contract at £25 a month, I'd be paying 1.2p per text. Just to send. We don't get charged for receiving texts in Britain.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Wait... you actually get charged to receive text messages over there? Fucking hell you lot really do get screwed on mobile services (given that you often seem to get charged for other stuff we take for granted over here).
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6340|Atlanta, Georgia
I dont get charged per text... Wut?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Services offer SMS plans.   If someone text'ed as much as the example on the article, they be stupid if they werem't on a $10 unlimited texting plan or some overall everything plan.

All my domestic SMS is under an unlimited plan.  We don't do too many international SMS, so the per text charge is cheaper than the monthly plan.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Camm wrote:

Rofl. Sucks to be America. Say I used all 3000 texts in my 'unlimited' contract at £25 a month, I'd be paying 1.2p per text. Just to send. We don't get charged for receiving texts in Britain.
OP is Canadian.

Article was written in Jan, 2008.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

also, our 'unlimited' plans are....UNLIMITED.  I average about 4k texts per month, and I pay $20 a month for the unlimited.  So average, I pay half a penny per text.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
That's fucking horrible.

Sucks to be you, really.

I've considered phone texts to be free for about 5-6 years, now.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

also, our 'unlimited' plans are....UNLIMITED.  I average about 4k texts per month, and I pay $20 a month for the unlimited.  So average, I pay half a penny per text.
Holy shit that's a lot of texting!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

I used to think so too.  It's really not though.  Probably around half are related to sports in some way or another.  I did have to move to paperless billing though, after receiving essentially a packet as a bill.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I had 189 texts last month
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

JohnG@lt wrote:

you have no friends though
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

If you're not on a texting plan in canada they charge for both incoming and outcoming texts. 15 cents a text if I remember correctly
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Camm wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

you have no friends though
I have lots of friends. We just mostly communicate via AIM.
-Frederick Bastiat
lrishpride
+68|5147
I get 100% free texts to all networks and free calls to my network (which also happens to be the same network as 50% of the country) and free facebook and googlemaps for €20 a month.

You pay to receive a message? that shit is fucked up.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

Winston_Churchill wrote:

If you're not on a texting plan in canada they charge for both incoming and outcoming texts. 15 cents a text if I remember correctly
They charge for incomming!?

Time to text bomb ebug!
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

only if you read them
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My daughter does even more than that.. and yea, it's about the same for unlimited.

I actually use google voice when I text. Nothing that I send out gets charged against my account.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

I remember a time when texts were actually free. Not part of an unlimited plan. Just free.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

NeXuS wrote:

I dont get charged per text... Wut?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
I use bbm to speak to my girlfriend. therefore I use about 200-300 texts a month
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

Sending texts has been 7c a piece over here, for as long as I can remember.

Lolamerica and their phone plans.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
alexb
<3
+590|5938|Kentucky, USA

I have unlimited text which includes unlimited picture... and I have AT&T. I don't see what the problem is here...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard