lrishpride
+68|5119
Recently bought Logitech LS21 speakers (2.1). I've everything set up correctly but when I power on the device via the remote the power button flashes and both the speakers and the sub produce a bit of a 'puh' every time the power button flashes.

I've got the 2 satellite speakers connected to the sub, and the sub is connected to my laptop via headphone jack (as instructed to do so in manual). Everything looks ok in the control panel as my speakers are the default playback device. Pretty much tried every setting in my soundcards settings and no luck. Gonna try connect it to something different now and see if it will produce sound. I suspect there is something wrong with the speakers as they wont even turn on.

Halp?
lrishpride
+68|5119
????
JahManRed
wank
+646|6599|IRELAND

mmmmm, first off sounds like its busted. Connecting it to a different audio source, not a PC, like a mp3 player.
Does your soundcard have surround outputs? IE, 3-4 line outs?
Try disconnecting the power cable, network cable and anything else that is earthed. A bad earth can cause all sorts of sound problems.
For example. I get loads of static when I connect my amp to my laptop if the ethernet cable is connected.
Also check the plug hasnt any loose wires. Id rewire it just to be sure.

Last edited by JahManRed (2011-02-21 02:19:53)

baggs
+732|6175
It does indeed sound like a ground loop issue, and as JMR said there could be a number of places the issue is arising from. It would probably be a good idea to see if you can get your hands on another speaker set-up to try and isolate where the issue is coming from. I know its unlikely but you might have a friend you can borrow a set off??

The unlikelyhood being the friend ofc
lrishpride
+68|5119
I've plugged the sound system into loads of other power sources in the house and get the same flashing light every second or so. Old speaker system worked fine on same power adapter, and still does.

Bring back shop?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard