Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

before people realize that Arabs in the region really dislike Jews enough to want to kill them
Where do you get this stuff from?

There was no issue between Arabs and Jews prior to Zionism - the idea that Arabs were untermensch and must make way or be exterminated  for the lebensraum of the Jewish master-race.
Oh right. Did they kick them off their land at gun point? Or did they live peaceably until they were invaded? The answer is B.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
You should really read up on Israeli history.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't get it, the Jews are entitled to be pissed that the Germans tried to clear them out, the Palestinians must lie down and take it?
I wasn't aware that the Palestinians were facing extermination. Could it be that actions have consequences? Perhaps electing Hamas to represent them wasn't the best decision? Fucking Jews fault amirite?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What does Hamas have to do with this? The pogrom began in 1947.

Criticsing the Palestinians for electing Hamas is like criticising the people in the Warsaw ghetto for who they elected as their leaders.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-21 15:05:08)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

And you should really try to be unbiased instead of automatically taking the "I hate daddy" stance on every topic.
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

What is abhorrent, that Israel should be bound by international law like every other country?
fuck international law, it's a complete joke, being (ab)used only in instances where it's beneficial to one of the major players within the UN.

Bertster7 wrote:

The true '67 borders?

Knocking down their wall, acknowledging the right of return, removing troops from all of Gaza and the West Bank and sharing ownership of Jerusalem with the Arabs (y'know - fulfilling their legal obligations)?

Yes, I certainly think they'd be left in peace after that. Of course it would take some time, the animosity isn't going to disappear overnight, but say 10 years after those sort of changes, I fully believe we'd see Israel being left alone to exist in peace.

You seem to be forgeting it is the Zionist movement who began the hostilities, which I do not believe they want to end until all of Palestine is under full Israeli control.
Sharing ownership of Jerusalem doesn't sound like something that would yield positive results, especially not considering current affairs between the Israelis and everyone else. Besides, how many people would you have to displace to reverse borders going by a map used almost half a century ago?

Yes, the Israelis need to stop expanding, this topic has been done to death. It is however an illusion that the situation would magically be solved through redrawing the map. The conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians/Arab world goes much deeper than some petty border disputes.

Let them solve it themselves, it's fucking hypocritical of us to be so involved with Israel yet say literally nothing about China/Tibet, Chechnya/Russia, Georgia/S-Ossetia (bet most here already forgot about that one), and not to mention far worse atrocities being committed throughout Africa on a regular basis.
inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And you should really try to be unbiased instead of automatically taking the "I hate daddy" stance on every topic.
Where is the bias? 14/15 members of the UNSC agree, you're the one out on a limb.

Why not try debating the issue instead of insulting the poster? Some historical knowledge would help you in that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

dayarath wrote:

Sharing ownership of Jerusalem doesn't sound like something that would yield positive results, especially not considering current affairs between the Israelis and everyone else. Besides, how many people would you have to displace to reverse borders going by a map used almost half a century ago?

Yes, the Israelis need to stop expanding, this topic has been done to death. It is however an illusion that the situation would magically be solved through redrawing the map. The conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians/Arab world goes much deeper than some petty border disputes.

Let them solve it themselves, it's fucking hypocritical of us to be so involved with Israel yet say literally nothing about China/Tibet, Chechnya/Russia, Georgia/S-Ossetia (bet most here already forgot about that one), and not to mention far worse atrocities being committed throughout Africa on a regular basis.
When Christopher Hitchens writes a book about those places they will become the cause du jour. Until then, they do not exist.
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Where is the bias? 14/15 members of the UNSC agree,
and what do they do? fucking nothing
inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
it's fucking hypocritical of us to be so involved with Israel yet say literally nothing about China/Tibet, Chechnya/Russia, Georgia/S-Ossetia (bet most here already forgot about that one), and not to mention far worse atrocities being committed throughout Africa on a regular basis/
Especially when Israel is the aggressor, or why not give unconditional US backing to China, Russia, Georgia, the Hutus etc?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

dayarath wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Where is the bias? 14/15 members of the UNSC agree,
and what do they do? fucking nothing
They've been vetoed remember?

Countries other than the US have made huge efforts, but it comes to nothing when the Israelis know they can do whatever they like with the full support of the US.

Iran and China are cosying up, it would be interesting to see China come down on one side.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-21 15:12:42)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

They've been vetoed remember?

Countries other than the US have made huge efforts, but it comes to nothing when the Israelis know they can do whatever they like with the full support of the US.

Iran and China are cosying up, it would be interesting to see China come down on one side.
China really doesn't care about anything other than economic gain and preferably avoids any sort of conflict.

Also, thanks for proving why the UN is useless.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Especially when Israel is the aggressor, or why not give unconditional US backing to China, Russia, Georgia, the Hutus etc?
What's this then?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch … esume.html

Last edited by dayarath (2011-02-21 15:18:42)

inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

dayarath wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

What's this then?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch … esume.html
Empty words.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...
ok
inane little opines
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6518|Πάϊ

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aWTyJsaKL.jpg
Blaming the Victims: Spurious Scholarship and the Palestinian Question, is a collection of essays, co-edited by Palestinian advocates Edward Said and Christopher Hitchens, published by Verso Books in 1988 (ISBN 0-86091-887-4). It contains essays by prominent advocates and activists including Ibrahim Abu-Lughod, Janet L. Abu-Lughod, Noam Chomsky, Norman G. Finkelstein, Christopher Hitchens, Rashid Khalidi, Edward W. Said, and others.
Hey look! It's perhaps the greatest collection of bedwetting crybabies that's ever been compiled. You're in fantastic company oug. You can go back to biting your pillow now.
Oh if only I were in the company of such great thinkers instead of your intentionally one-sided and down-right moronic world view. Edward Said a crybaby! lol
But I see you've already been called out on this so I'll just sit back and watch you lose the last shreds of credibility you had. Still got 3 pages to read yay!
ƒ³
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

dayarath wrote:

ok
Look at the date, March 2010, did Biden's words achieve anything, or did the Israelis do as they pleased in the knowledge the US would veto any future criticism or action against them?

As I said, empty words.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...
Well I'm sure you can dig up similar statements of clinton in the 90s. Point is, the US, to my knowledge, has never endorsed or cheered on Israeli expansion in the region. They have acted like every single party on the planet - doing nothing.

The only thing I'm aware of is that the US provides Israel with military aid, which it gives to many, many nations across the globe including but not limited to Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. All of whom aren't on friendly terms with Israel in regard to it's attitude.
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

dayarath wrote:

Well I'm sure you can dig up similar statements of clinton in the 90s. Point is, the US, to my knowledge, has never endorsed or cheered on Israeli expansion in the region. They have acted like every single party on the planet - doing nothing.

The only thing I'm aware of is that the US provides Israel with military aid, which it gives to many, many nations across the globe including but not limited to Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. All of whom aren't on friendly terms with Israel in regard to it's attitude.
Stop being logical.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Stop being logical.
Every single other party tried to put through a UN resolution.

It was veto'd by one country.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...
I don't even understand where the hate comes from
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Stop being logical.

\_/
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

AussieReaper wrote:

UN resolutions "condemning" settlements and perhaps even giving the Israelis a new map!

And if they don't adhere to the UN's demands...... oh wait, noone is there to enforce anything.
inane little opines
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

What about HANS BRIX?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

dayarath wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

UN resolutions "condemning" settlements and perhaps even giving the Israelis a new map!

And if they don't adhere to the UN's demands...... oh wait, noone is there to enforce anything.
But they will wag their fingers angrily at them! Australia might send an anti-whaling vessel to patrol their shoreline!
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5999|...

JohnG@lt wrote:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aWTyJsaKL.jpg
Blaming the Victims: Spurious Scholarship and the Palestinian Question, is a collection of essays, co-edited by Palestinian advocates Edward Said and Christopher Hitchens, published by Verso Books in 1988 (ISBN 0-86091-887-4). It contains essays by prominent advocates and activists including Ibrahim Abu-Lughod, Janet L. Abu-Lughod, Noam Chomsky, Norman G. Finkelstein, Christopher Hitchens, Rashid Khalidi, Edward W. Said, and others.
Hey look! It's perhaps the greatest collection of bedwetting crybabies that's ever been compiled. You're in fantastic company oug. You can go back to biting your pillow now.
I especially like the title of this book.

Right from the get-go it throws objective analysis out of the window, denies you the opportunity to form your own opinion or engage the subject in a reasonable manner. Hands you your everything you need on a silver platter; pretty much a "how to" on discussing why Israel is evil or adding to your collection of regurgitated arguments.

hurray for this erudite literature.

Last edited by dayarath (2011-02-21 16:12:34)

inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard