Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lieberman_Plan
You should read your own cited sources, Dilbert.

the plan does not call for any forcible removal of anyone from their home. The plan, instead, simply redraws the border between Palestinian and Israeli communities to make them more homogeneous (i.e., nearby Arab communities are redrawn to be included in the Palestinian Territory, while nearby Jewish territories are redrawn to be included in Israel).
That is not ethnic cleansing. Not even close.

I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just saying it's not ethnic cleansing. Learn what terms mean before you start bandying them about.
So how long could you last in America if one day you had your citzenship revoked?
Its ethnic cleansing by stealth, and all the more reprehensible since its being promoted by a Russian immigrant.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

the plan does not call for any forcible removal of anyone from their home. The plan, instead, simply redraws the border between Palestinian and Israeli communities to make them more homogeneous (i.e., nearby Arab communities are redrawn to be included in the Palestinian Territory, while nearby Jewish territories are redrawn to be included in Israel).

I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just saying it's not ethnic cleansing. Learn what terms mean before you start bandying them about.
So how long could you last in America if one day you had your citzenship revoked?
Its ethnic cleansing by stealth, and all the more reprehensible since its being promoted by a Russian immigrant.
And had it replaced by the citizenship for where I lived? I'd probably do just fine. It's not ethnic cleansing by any measure or definition, except in troll-yards.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats not the plan.

How would you get on if your American citizenship were revoked and you were told you were a Canadian now?

Would that be ethnic cleansing?
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6730|Cambridge, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thats not the plan.

How would you get on if your American citizenship were revoked and you were told you were a Canadian now?

Would that be ethnic cleansing?
No.

eth·nic cleans·ing
Noun: The mass expulsion or killing of members of an ethnic or religious group in a society
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If all the Israeli-Arabs have their citizenship revoked they will be expelled en-masse.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And had it replaced by the citizenship for where I lived? I'd probably do just fine. It's not ethnic cleansing by any measure or definition, except in troll-yards.
Australia revokes citizenship for children if both their parents have another citizenship PROVIDED that the child has a citizenship of another country. If it wasn't for the fact that the Australian government doesn't allow its citizens to become stateless, I would've lost my Aussie citizenship (If I had a Taiwanese one).

I think trollbert is trolling us pretty hard.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cheeky_Ninja06

Dilbert_X wrote:

If all the Israeli-Arabs have their citizenship revoked they will be expelled en-masse.
If?

If they are expelled en masse then yes it will be ethnic cleansing.

The point is that it hasnt happened and certainly has not been on going for the last 40 years which I believe is the point you originally made.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They're having the land stolen from under their feet and have been since the beginning, they'll have their citizenship cancelled too shortly.
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

They're having the land stolen from under their feet and have been since the beginning, they'll have their citizenship cancelled too shortly.
How is having two autonomous areas "having land stolen from under their feet"? Sounds like the exact opposite, actually.

And that proposal hasn't been adopted, has it? Didn't think so. Even if it is adopted, they will have Palestinian citizenship, so they will not be stateless. That proposal relies on a two-state solution being in place. No state, no citizenship to swap, which is what the proposal is talking about: swapping Israeli citizenship for some other citizenship (ie, prerequisite being a state from which to acquire citizenship) where Israeli is not the predominant group in the area.

Again: not defending it as a good idea, just trying to put your trollish hyperbole into perspective.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

How is having two autonomous areas "having land stolen from under their feet"? Sounds like the exact opposite, actually.

And that proposal hasn't been adopted, has it? Didn't think so. Even if it is adopted, they will have Palestinian citizenship, so they will not be stateless. That proposal relies on a two-state solution being in place. No state, no citizenship to swap, which is what the proposal is talking about: swapping Israeli citizenship for some other citizenship (ie, prerequisite being a state from which to acquire citizenship) where Israeli is not the predominant group in the area.

Again: not defending it as a good idea, just trying to put your trollish hyperbole into perspective.
The ones in the jewish area will be kicked out and lose their homes, whether or not they want to 'swap'.
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The ones in the jewish area will be kicked out and lose their homes, whether or not they want to 'swap'.
Generally speaking, land transfer, as opposed to population transfer, is legal under both International and Israeli law. The Israeli precedent was exemplified in 1979 when Israel agreed to transfer the Sinai Desert in exchange for peace with Egypt. The issue that arises with this plan is the transfer of populated territories and the revocation of citizenship for those in the transferred areas.[6] Even this, in principle, seems to be legal under international law.[12]
However, a study by Timothy Waters argued that if conducted under a bilateral agreement, transferring territory and revoking the citizenship of those in that territory is permissible under international law, so long as the residents do not become stateless and that their human rights are not violated. According to international law and precedent, states have the right to transfer territory, even against the wishes of the population, so long as other rights of the population are not violated.[14] The Universal Declaration of Human Rights guarantees individuals the right to a nationality, and indicates that one cannot be arbitrarily deprived of their nationality. This conforms to the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. But, the Lieberman Plan does not violate these rights, since it would cause former Israeli citizens to become citizens of a Palestinian state. The issue under international law seems to be about causing statelessness of individuals, as opposed to transferring the citizenship of individuals from one state to another. In fact, “The very terms of the Statelessness Convention indicate that large-scale transfers of populations between states can in fact occur.”[15]
Read your sources, Dilbert.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
That doesn't specifically address the Israeli-Arabs who will have their citizenship revoked and be booted into 'New Palestine' or whatever it will be called.
They will have a state, just a different one in a different location from the one their families have lived in for thousands of years.
Cheeky_Ninja06
So what exactly is the point you are trying to make? You have made a succession of posts based on links you havent even read and then changed your argument with a new link after each post.

I dont understand what you are trying to say?

Presumably you accept that ethnic cleansing is not currently occurring?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm making a single point, ethnic cleansing was the plan from day one and continues to be so.
Cheeky_Ninja06
So ultimately Israel want to "wipe palestine from the map" ?

Funny its often quoted the other way around..
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It is ironic that they wail about that when its exactly what they're doing to Palestine.
Cheeky_Ninja06

Dilbert_X wrote:

It is ironic that they wail about that when its exactly what they're "planning to do" doing to Palestine.
TBH there are far more sources wanting to wipe Israel off the map. I even heard a nasty rumor that they had a good go at it but lost. Whereas Israel has demonstrated restraint when they could quite easily have wiped Palestine off of the map.

The Palestinians seem to use everything they can to "ethnically cleanse" Israel but lack the training or munitions. Whereas Israel have all of the ability to fulfill this "plan" yet are failing to act on it.

Why?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They have wiped Palestine off the map.
They'll take bits of Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt if they can.

They are acting on the plan, just doing it piecemeal, not all in one go.
Cheeky_Ninja06
So really the title of this thread shouldnt be Israel and Palestine, because Israel has already wiped Palestine off of the map.

Obviously because there is no such thing as Palestine then how can you debate a people who do not exist?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The people do exist, their country doesn't.
Cheeky_Ninja06
Ah So Israel is Ethnically cleansing Israel of arabs?

In direct contrast to the current statistical data.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The plan is to cleanse them all, its not going to plan at present.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
lol
Cheeky_Ninja06

Dilbert_X wrote:

Israel wants to cleanse everybody from Israel.

No wonder its not going to plan.
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Clearly. Since the Arab Population in Israel is (and has been) growing at a greater rate than the Jewish population for quite some time now. The Israelis really suck at this "ethnic cleansing" thing.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard