Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

I did give it 2 positive comments...

And @TimmmmaaaaH, of course its comparable to TES.  Its an RPG, Zimmer himself compared it to Skyrim in the OP and again later on in this thread. 

I also was interested in the game.  I gave it enough of a chance that I bought it (I havent bought a video game in years) even after I disliked the first one quite a bit.  I wasnt 'out to bash it from the beginning'.  I did bash the first one, but that one deserved it.  I absolutely gave this one a fair chance and listed both my likes and dislikes in that post.  Unfortunately, for this game, the dislikes heavily outweighed the likes.

And since when does a linear game (especially for an RPG) make it better? I'd much rather be allowed the freedom to explore and find areas, giving endless gameplay instead of a 20 hour main storyline + 10 hours of silly sidequests.  I didnt say the controls were bad themselves, they just gave the appearance of a console port - especially in the menus. 

The storyline is its strongest point - i already said that.  Its above and beyond any other RPG I've played without a doubt.  And the grey decisions are part of that.  But other than that (and its amazingly quick loading to new areas) I hardly find this game noteworthy.  The complete and utter lack of customization and creativity in doing just about anything is what really kills it for me.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
I haven't played the witcher 2, and it sounds like you're bashing the game because it's not oblivion. Every negative point you raise is "oblivion had this, witcher II doesn't, ergo it's shit".

An RPG doesn't need to be open-world, non-linear, "pick you own everything"
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

theres a lot more than oblivion out there for open world, non-linear games.  most points i made have nothing to do with oblivion either.

how does pointless side quests relate? thats a general point, not related to oblivion at all
game ends after the last battle.  again, not relevant
cant travel between towns.  not relevant.  i can do that in pokemon blue ffs
linear.  relevant to oblivion, call of duty, mario, diablo and about every game out there
spells too few.  relevant to hundreds of games
very little customization.  basically every game made past 2005 has relevance to this

i didnt say the game was absolute shit, i just said it wasnt worth the $50 or whatever i paid for it.  it certainly has strong aspects that are better than every other game, but its also far below the "standard" of video games in many other aspects.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

W2 isn't a "make your own" adventurer game, letting you be a healer, spell caster, archer, fighter, or thief.  It's all about you being a Witcher, a monster slayer with the sword, equipped with some low-level spell abilities.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard