VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California

JohnG@lt wrote:

So, VictorVaughn, the question has to be asked... have you ever actually had a Guinness or is this just something you say to your friends to impress them?
Definitely have had it.
Like I said, its not bad... I buy it from time to time, have an empty 6 pack next to me right now....

I say its a watery beer because its easy to drink, has a fairly light flavor and a low alcohol content. It drinks like water, and so I compare the two.

So, JohnG@it, the question has to be asked... If you seriously think guinness is that hard a beer to drink, have you actually tried any beer that isn't clear?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

VicktorVauhn wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

So, VictorVaughn, the question has to be asked... have you ever actually had a Guinness or is this just something you say to your friends to impress them?
Definitely have had it.
Like I said, its not bad... I buy it from time to time, have an empty 6 pack next to me right now....

I say its a watery beer because its easy to drink, has a fairly light flavor and a low alcohol content. It drinks like water, and so I compare the two.

So, JohnG@it, the question has to be asked... If you seriously think guinness is that hard a beer to drink, have you actually tried any beer that isn't clear?
Guinness is about as watery as a milk shake. Maybe the problem is that you are drinking it out of cans instead of a tap because of all the beers in the world, Guinness is the only one that I know of that has it's own special procedures for serving it out of a tap due to its mass. So, right here, right now, I'm calling you out as a liar.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
https://www.makebeer.net/images/CoopersPaleAle.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

All beer really taste bad to me, so I don't drink it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

jsnipy wrote:

Uzique wrote:

probably cause you get shit draught in america.

go to dublin and drink guinness in a pub. it'll change your consideration.
doubt it.
honestly it is a different drink. that's not marketing, it's true.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
alexb
<3
+590|5939|Kentucky, USA

Heineken ftw.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

https://www.timothytaylor.co.uk/img/products_bottledlandlord_bigpic.jpg

Awesome beer. Probably what I drink most of at the moment.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

VicktorVauhn wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Definitely have had it.

dude are you sure you're talking about fucking guinness? watery beer? light? it's thick, creamy and bitter...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Guinness is closer to milkshake than beer, doesn't travel too well though from what I hear.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
VicktorVauhn

JohnG@lt wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Definitely have had it.

Guinness is about as watery as a milk shake. Maybe the problem is that you are drinking it out of cans instead of a tap because of all the beers in the world, Guinness is the only one that I know of that has it's own special procedures for serving it out of a tap due to its mass. So, right here, right now, I'm calling you out as a liar.
I have had it in bottles, in cans and on tap.

And fuck off with special serving instructions, tons of beers do that.
Widmer prints pouring instructions on every 6 pack of heff they sell... If all the marketing it takes to get you worked up over quality is serving instructions... Well I am not calling you out as a liar, but you are ignorant and easily impressed. Miller doesn't have serving instructions... so its not gourmet, but the can does tell you when it should be drank, so its probably at least pretty good...

Spout what ever you want. I guess my point is that Guinness has a slightly stronger taste, and only a small amount more alcohol then normal water. Frothy or not its about as mellow as water, its a dark beer with slightly less flavor then your standard lager.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Molson is my college beer. Fuck Keystone.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

FatherTed wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Uzique wrote:

probably cause you get shit draught in america.

go to dublin and drink guinness in a pub. it'll change your consideration.
doubt it.
honestly it is a different drink. that's not marketing, it's true.
think ours comes from Canada

I'll be in Ireland in about year I'll take the taste test
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Doesn't Guinness taste different in Ireland because of EU laws about the number of ingredients that are allowed in export beer, or something like that?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

VicktorVauhn wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Definitely have had it.

Widmer prints pouring instructions on every 6 pack of heff they sell... If all the marketing it takes to get you worked up over quality is serving instructions... Well I am not calling you out as a liar, but you are ignorant and easily impressed. Miller doesn't have serving instructions... so its not gourmet, but the can does tell you when it should be drank, so its probably at least pretty good...

Spout what ever you want. I guess my point is that Guinness has a slightly stronger taste, and only a small amount more alcohol then normal water. Frothy or not its about as mellow as water, its a dark beer with slightly less flavor then your standard lager.
lol you do know what Guinness is right? Looks like this?

https://lukehoney.typepad.com/the_greasy_spoon/images/2007/12/05/guinness.jpg

I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove, as I can't imagine how you could have a beer much thicker than Guinness. And it's nothing to do with marketing you utter retard, it's to do with being able to pour a full pint.
VicktorVauhn

ghettoperson wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://lukehoney.typepad.com/the_greasy … inness.jpg

I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove, as I can't imagine how you could have a beer much thicker than Guinness. And it's nothing to do with marketing you utter retard, it's to do with being able to pour a full pint.
I am not trying to prove shit. Just trying to keep the hoard of internet kids off me long enough to have an opinion.

Yes I know what guinness is, yes you can pour a glass of it with out reading the instruction manual.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6323|New Haven, CT

Poseidon wrote:

Molson is my college beer. Fuck Keystone.
lel
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I am not trying to prove shit. Just trying to keep the hoard of internet kids off me long enough to have an opinion.

Yes I know what guinness is, yes you can pour a glass of it with out reading the instruction manual.
So what exactly do you consider to be a thick, hard to drink beer?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

[ ] DST
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521

JohnG@lt wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Alrighty Jedi Master, tell me your taste in beer then.
Stone Breweries - Russian Imperial Stout
http://www.corebrewing.com/wp-content/u … 2009-a.jpg

Kostritzer Schwarzbier
http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/200 … -glass.jpg

Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA
http://www.brainardbrewing.com/blog/wp- … te-ipa.jpg

Brooklyn - Local 1
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 … LKVWXhzPg=
this guy knows whats up
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

lol at calling people that drink real guinness 'internet kids'. americans drinking imported shit in cans? you the expert!

and you'd be surprised how many people pour a pint of guinness wrong and fuck it up.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
takes 2ish minutes to pour properly. if you do  get it served in 30seconds from tap or worse from a can it will be watery-er
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
VicktorVauhn

Uzique wrote:

lol at calling people that drink real guinness 'internet kids'. americans drinking imported shit in cans? you the expert!

and you'd be surprised how many people pour a pint of guinness wrong and fuck it up.
So where did I say I am an expert because I drink imported beer from cans?

People questioned if I had had it from anything other then a can and I said I have basically had it every way it is served over here.

So tell me.... what is this miraculous serving procedure and how can ignoring it fuck up the beer?

ghettoperson wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

So what exactly do you consider to be a thick, hard to drink beer?
Don't really consider any beers to be think, considering the fact that all of them are pretty much at least 90% water... Most of them are not much thicker then that.

Hard to drink? Chimay, Affligem, Brother Thelonius, Arrogant Bastard, hell even fat tire probably doesn't go down as easy. You guys are fucking crazy... Maybe its astonishingly different on other continents, but for the Americans Guinness is one of the easiest beers to drink around. Very mild taste and about no carbonation. I know multiple people who barely drink who can POUND guinness.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Uzique wrote:

So where did I say I am an expert because I drink imported beer from cans?

People questioned if I had had it from anything other then a can and I said I have basically had it every way it is served over here.

So tell me.... what is this miraculous serving procedure and how can ignoring it fuck up the beer?
it has to be served at an ideal temperature around 5-6 celcius, and should be poured very slowly with waits in between for the beer to settle. the bar should have a proper guinness draught-tap which forces it through at a very high pressure and avoids any bubbles so you get the perfect creamy head. it's the way that all stouts should be served, really. if someone serves you a pint of guinness fast and pours it like they'd pour a pint of lager, it's not going to taste proper and wont have settled. plain and simple.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

My dad made loads of the old Guinness adverts. He did all the not everything in Black and White makes sense ones.

I got soooo much free Guinness.

https://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Modules/MC30820/images/bicycle.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
i get free guinness in england by playing the race card :smug:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard