Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I said "wonky," not "wacky." TF2 is "wacky" in a good way, and "wonky" in a bad. Whatever your thoughts, insights and musing on this matter are, I don't think TF2 was changed for the better, and I'm certainly not the only one who left it afterwards but for the occasional match with friends here and there.

If you went the expansion route to get BF2's extra weapons, it's a pretty straightforward path to unlocking them. But with TF2, you can farm for hours and not get what you want, or trade with people you'd rather not...or throw money at the game until your wallet dries up (but at least you'll have your stuff). It's a bad comparison to make, zeek.
again, it takes about 5 minutes to trade with someone for a weapon you want. not that there's a compelling reason to really want any of the unlocks, none of them are any more interesting than the standard weapons. there are even sites out there now that ebay-style list 1000's of players with the weapon you may want, and you can do the whole trade automatically online using a steamAPI. it is literally zero effort. yet you compare bf2's method of unlocking guns - i.e. grinding for 100's of hours to rank-up - more 'favourably' to the "farm for hours" (?!?) method in tf2. you're right, it is a bad comparison... bad because you clearly don't understand the tf2 trade system, nor how it is intended to be used.

"wallet dries up"? i'm pretty sure each weapon cost like 0.60p. again, not that you would ever want or need to buy one. you can trade for any weapon in the game for 1 scrap metal. if you play for an afternoon you will probably have enough for 2-3 scrap metal, minimum. "grind" really isn't an appropriate word to use here.

and as for "i'm certainly not the only one who left it afterwards"... tf2's popularity has skyrocketed, for better or worse, since weapons were introduced. by all accounts the new weapons and cosmetics totally took the free2play, public-game side of tf2 to a whole new level. tf2 is considerably more popular than any counter strike or call of duty game. so this 'mass exodus' you make out seems to be something limited to your own friend circle. tf2's competitive scene is still probably the biggest competitive scene of any current FPS game. and its numbers and huge player community/economy in the public side of things really speaks for itself.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

thepilot91 wrote:

poor bf2s it's gotten herpes..it got rid of it once but , eventually it came back, now we all have to argue with it again UZLess
don't be upset because you posted a total load of shite about cs:go being the "only good game around". head in the sand doesn't make you right.
thepilot91
+64|6238|Ă…land!
just  posted that for the lulz, and name a better fps released 2012 please. 2012 that is . 2012.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
why does there have to be a good fps game released in 2012? there wasn't one. does that mean cs:go is 'good'? no. that's a fairly asinine argument. many 'good' FPS games last for several years, in terms of play-time and competitive community.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-24 06:27:27)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The bow was "compelling" enough that when I accidentally trashed mine, I thought it was worth buying again for what few matches amount of matches I still play. But my arsenal is still woefully understocked, and it's simply not worth my time to farm & hope or even trade for, and definitely not worth my money to buy.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
wow you bought a huntsman? they are worth literally less than 1 scrap each. you could have traded for it in literally < 5 minutes.

don't hate on a game because you're too stupid to use its trading system.

"woefully understocked". YOU CAN PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME AND WIN WITH VANILLA WEAPONS. they are just 'side-grades' ffs. maybe if you have OCD, not having every single weapon would bother you. but it makes absolutely no difference to the gameplay. i never use an unlock, and i don't know/don't even care what weapons i have picked-up whilst playing. the game is most certainly no worse if you just use standard weapons. this is so inane.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

How do you play the "entire game" in Team Fortress 2? Is there some campaign mode I don't know about or are you just spinning your wheels in your own shit again?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

wow you bought a huntsman? they are worth literally less than 1 scrap each. you could have traded for it in literally < 5 minutes.

don't hate on a game because you're too stupid to use its trading system.

"woefully understocked". YOU CAN PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME AND WIN WITH VANILLA WEAPONS. they are just 'side-grades' ffs. maybe if you have OCD, not having every single weapon would bother you. but it makes absolutely no difference to the gameplay. i never use an unlock, and i don't know/don't even care what weapons i have picked-up whilst playing. the game is most certainly no worse if you just use standard weapons. this is so inane.
i read that at first as "COD", lol . . .
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How do you play the "entire game" in Team Fortress 2? Is there some campaign mode I don't know about or are you just spinning your wheels in your own shit again?
wow great argument. semantics bullshit. "entire game" --> you can play all day, every day, just fine, with the stock weapons. none of the unlocks give you extra viability or advantage. they are just side-unlocks. fun alternatives if you're bored. a slight change of playstyle, perhaps. long-range instead of short-range, in the case of the sniper primaries. you act like your game experience is ruined because you don't immediately own all of the silly gimmick weapons they throw into the game. wow. i had played about 500 hours of tf2 before major weapon patches were even introduced. i never missed the lack of extra weapons. the game works completely fine. you can play "the entire game" and get one's "entire" enjoyment without worrying about dumb unlocks.

again, this comes across as a major OCD thing. i really don't know how it bothered you enough to put you off the game. that's just dumb.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

1) It's not like they just have different rates of fire and damage like the BF2 unlocks. It's the buffs, status effects and passive bonuses like, using the bow as an example, accumulating headshots with a wider fov than you get with the scope. I'm not saying that any one item is a game-winning nuke (none are), but the whole mechanic behind unreliable time-farming for drops, trading with people who will harass you about hats or resorting to buying them with actual cash all coalesces into one aggravating bundle that I never expected when I bought the Orange Box.

2) I never "missed" the extra weapons. I miss the balance back when there weren't any, and I think TF2 should have stuck with cosmetic add-ons. Sure, some of them are less obnoxious than others (fast rockets, low splash for example) but others were plain unnecessary (force-a-nature, I'm looking at you).

3) There is nothing OCD about my distaste for this game and to be honest, it's about as original an internet insult as the "hipster" accusations that get you so riled up. I could hardly be less impressed than if I was back in high school and heard a dimwit calling something "gay." If you want to call me out on OCD, there are plenty of other legitimate opportunities, such as:

a) renaming threads in games and sports, something that I cba to do anymore because it opened a whole can of community OCD and because of the notable lack of a point.
b) getting bent out of shape about inconsistent sequel/series titling sequences: something I will never be apologetic for and likely never retract my arguments on. you're safe with this one.
c) making lists.
e: d) editing posts with trifling details.

BBL, I think I'm going to go put a pre-order on Arkham: Regurgitation.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
i said you were OCD because you basically made out the game was no fun for you because it precluded you having every single gun in your inventory. i called it because to be aggravated by that is basically OCD. it doesn't seem to bother anyone else. and i really don't think the new unlocks have affected the 'balance' of the game. i still think it is excellently well balanced. every class still fills its fundamental place, and each have their respective perqs, and strengths/weaknesses. saying the huntsman gives you a "wider fov" for headshots is kinda silly. for a start, it's way harder than the rifle to get headshots, and is normally intended only for close-quarters/chokepoints. secondly you can change the fov and scaling of the ordinary sniper scope anyway. moot point. i could go on, methodically dismissing each of your weapon critiques, but the point is that the game balance is still extremely well done, all things considered. there really aren't that many complaints about it.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
You can not honestly say the spies unlocks are not a pure upgrade.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
i do not think they are pure upgrades.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch … osure.aspx

Game Informer has received word from multiple anonymous sources close to the matter that the EA Partners label will soon be shut down. This program was EA's mechanism for providing contract-based publishing services for independent developers. This move comes during a period that has seen the departure of CEO John Riccitiello, layoffs around the world in the publisher's mobile and social divisions, and the abandonment of relatively new Facebook titles from a studio that was acquired for $300 million.
Rejoice!  I dont care who gets hurt.  I just want to watch them burn.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
why
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Looking at the patch notes of Legends of Pegasus. Looks like update logs for a beta.

Sad.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Mars: War Logs is actually fun. Never heard of the game until it featured on Steam's store page. Could be a sleeper hit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/ochRQyn.jpg
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
Dishnored is the shit.

That is all
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

My experience playing Force Unleashed on the PC:

1. "There's no way you can win, Sith scum!"
2. "POWAAAAAAGH!"

https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541832883075640872/C630AD851AC762021AC8219DD99A1EE52C37F47C/

3. if game stillworks=1 goto 1
4. if game stillworks=0 init ragequit

Fun while it lasted, sucked when it stopped. About 3/4 through the maps began having sound issues where not every part of the soundscape would load, forcing a grueling restart of the game just to get SOME of them back. I thought it was due to a one-time glitch on a lousy outsourced map on a horribly ported game, but the next map had the same issue as well. Fail.

They made the apprentice so horrendously overpowered, so what did they do? Nerf him? Of course not. Instead, they filled the entire game full of bullshit knockbacks, uninterruptible stunlocks and Stormtrooper tech in a pre New Hope galaxy that hadn't even been invented in Return of the Jedi. If the game worked fine, I could have overlooked all this for the spectacle. I could press on and ignore the misleading sensation that my speakers are broken (they aren't), but fuck it.

email ur reply asap if you'd like to be kept updated
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
interesting little read.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokriz … Review.php

economic analysis of guild war 2's in-game economy. the game never felt right to me, and the end-game gear/progress design was terrible. report effectively concludes that the in-game economy is "broken". interesting to see.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Guild Wars 2 lacked the hook for me to even get involved in its economy in the first place.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
if you'd read the article you'd see that his theory is that's partly the reason. no proper reward system.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Who says I'm not reading it right now? I'm saying the early, early gameplay itself failed to draw me in like GW1's.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
i didn't mean it in a snarky way. i just meant 'yeah, the analysis roundly agrees'.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard